Modme Forums

Black Ops 3 animations weird translation in Maya

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Henkownd
Hey,

Recently I was porting some Black Ops 3 weapons like the Olympia and the AN-94, however after porting some animations successfully I started getting having this issue where the gun is has weird angleing in maya making those animations unusable. In order to attempt to fix this issue I have already reinstalled Wraith, the Cod Maya 2.0 tools and the SEanim tools unfortunately none of these have fixed the issue, and the weird thing is it happens on some animations but not on others.

This is the idle animation which works flawlessly:

This is the reload animation on the first keyframe:

Hopefully you are able to help me, and have a nice day.

-Henkownd

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

Henkownd
Hey, Recently I was porting some Black Ops 3 weapons like the Olympia and the AN-94, however after porting some animations successfully I started getting having this issue where the gun is has weird angleing in maya making those animations unusable. In order to attempt to fix this issue I have already reinstalled Wraith, the Cod Maya 2.0 tools and the SEanim tools unfortunately none of these have fixed the issue, and the weird thing is it happens on some animations but not on others. This is the idle animation which works flawlessly: This is the reload animation on the first keyframe: Hopefully you are able to help me, and have a nice day. -Henkownd

After bind, make sure all translates and rotates on tag_weapon are zeroed. Then, make sure that on tag_weapon_right, Joint Orients are zeroed.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Henkownd
Thanks dude, appearantly some animations add Joint Orient to tag_weapon so I had to zero that out. Thanks for helping me!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

Henkownd
Thanks dude, appearantly some animations add Joint Orient to tag_weapon so I had to zero that out. Thanks for helping me!

no they dont

some add "rotation" but those "should" be there

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
Harry is right, the only time you reset it is when making the anim model. Follow http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/models_and_animation/importing_an_animation_for_call_of_duty/ and you'll be all set. It's the only full-on tutorial which goes over properly importing a SEAnim. In addition, when porting with a normal rig, you can just use SETools->Game Specific->CoD->Attach Weapon To Rig, and it will properly setup the gun.

Your old method *may* work for some, but is flawed and will fail on some animations. Marking solved as this is the correct way to do it.