Modme Forums
Menu:

ADS Animations using with SEANIM Files?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: LegacyNm
In general, I can't get ads up and down animations to work with seanim files. I still have some old .mel animation files that work fine with animations and I am able to aim down sights in game perfectly fine but when it comes to porting ads animations with the seanim files, none of the weapons I'm working on actually have a full ads........ any thoughts or possible fixes? I've exported tag_torso and tag_view and even tried other combinations and It just wont budge.

With the seanim ported ads animation in game, the ads just zooms in. The gun moves a little to the left but doesn't actually aim down the sights.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

LegacyNm
In general, I can't get ads up and down animations to work with seanim files. I still have some old .mel animation files that work fine with animations and I am able to aim down sights in game perfectly fine but when it comes to porting ads animations with the seanim files, none of the weapons I'm working on actually have a full ads........ any thoughts or possible fixes? I've exported tag_torso and tag_view and even tried other combinations and It just wont budge. With the seanim ported ads animation in game, the ads just zooms in. The gun moves a little to the left but doesn't actually aim down the sights.

when converting the seanim in maya, did you put the ads up or down anim over the idle anim like you're supposed to do?

(If that's wrong, that's how i did it and it worked fine)

Simple: Import the idle anim and then import the ads up or ads down anim on top of it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: LegacyNm

itznvy
LegacyNm In general, I can't get ads up and down animations to work with seanim files. I still have some old .mel animation files that work fine with animations and I am able to aim down sights in game perfectly fine but when it comes to porting ads animations with the seanim files, none of the weapons I'm working on actually have a full ads........ any thoughts or possible fixes? I've exported tag_torso and tag_view and even tried other combinations and It just wont budge. With the seanim ported ads animation in game, the ads just zooms in. The gun moves a little to the left but doesn't actually aim down the sights. when converting the seanim in maya, did you put the ads up or down anim over the idle anim like you're supposed to do? (If that's wrong, that's how i did it and it worked fine) Simple: Import the idle anim and then import the ads up or ads down anim on top of it.

Well you're suggestion didn't seem to work unfortunately. I'm porting the M60 currently and just can't get the ads to work out of everything else. I have more weapons waiting from bo1 and can't move forward because they give me the same problem.

That's what happens when I ads. I exported tag_view and tag_torso and results are repetitive.

Also I'm using MAYA 2017. Should I be using a different version?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

itznvy
LegacyNm In general, I can't get ads up and down animations to work with seanim files. I still have some old .mel animation files that work fine with animations and I am able to aim down sights in game perfectly fine but when it comes to porting ads animations with the seanim files, none of the weapons I'm working on actually have a full ads........ any thoughts or possible fixes? I've exported tag_torso and tag_view and even tried other combinations and It just wont budge. With the seanim ported ads animation in game, the ads just zooms in. The gun moves a little to the left but doesn't actually aim down the sights. when converting the seanim in maya, did you put the ads up or down anim over the idle anim like you're supposed to do? (If that's wrong, that's how i did it and it worked fine) Simple: Import the idle anim and then import the ads up or ads down anim on top of it.

youre not "supposed to"

ads only moves the rig. doesnt effect any other joints - therefore all those other translates are not getting exported

im guessing your exporting the wrong tags

ADS Anims: tag_view, tag_torso
FULL Anims: tag_torso (h), tag_cambone (h)
Left Hand Anims: j_shoulder_le (h), tag_weapon_left (h), tag_cambone(h), tag_torso
Right Hand Anims: j_shoulder_ri (h), tag_weapon_right (h), tag_cambone(h), tag_torso
(h) = select hierarchy

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
itznvy LegacyNm In general, I can't get ads up and down animations to work with seanim files. I still have some old .mel animation files that work fine with animations and I am able to aim down sights in game perfectly fine but when it comes to porting ads animations with the seanim files, none of the weapons I'm working on actually have a full ads........ any thoughts or possible fixes? I've exported tag_torso and tag_view and even tried other combinations and It just wont budge. With the seanim ported ads animation in game, the ads just zooms in. The gun moves a little to the left but doesn't actually aim down the sights. when converting the seanim in maya, did you put the ads up or down anim over the idle anim like you're supposed to do? (If that's wrong, that's how i did it and it worked fine) Simple: Import the idle anim and then import the ads up or ads down anim on top of it. youre not "supposed to"ads only moves the rig. doesnt effect any other joints - therefore all those other translates are not getting exported im guessing your exporting the wrong tags ADS Anims: tag_view, tag_torso FULL Anims: tag_torso (h), tag_cambone (h) Left Hand Anims: j_shoulder_le (h), tag_weapon_left (h), tag_cambone(h), tag_torso Right Hand Anims: j_shoulder_ri (h), tag_weapon_right (h), tag_cambone(h), tag_torso (h) = select hierarchy

Nope. I've been exporting both tag_view and tag_torso. just tried it with the commando and its doing the same thing with the ads.

Take a look
Any Other Ideas?

ModmeBot:

Looks like you selected hierarchy

this has been the same since waw

this has nothing to do with seanim/Mel - whatever mistake you are making would happen the same

ModmeBot:

I am at the understanding that this isn't a seanim problem. This would be about my 27/28th weapon ported into bo3 but my first 2 with the seanim files.

I did not select hierarchy, I can assure you that I know what I'm doing regarding what tags to export them with but perhaps something changed with the seanim files?

Did the method change from when it was once .mel files when exporting ads animations? I have been inactive for about a year and maybe missed a memo about it.

After I export the viewmodel from the game, I clean it up and then use the bind script provided with the exported files to bind the weapon. Then I save it and open the conversion rig and drag the weapon in, put j_gun under tag_weapon_right and zero out the xyz in the translate section of the Tranform Attributes area in the Attribute editor. Next I import the seanim file using the option provided by the SE Tools plugin.

Then after checking the animation works, I select the standard tag_view and tag_torso without hierarchy -> Call of Duty Tools -> Export XAnim -> fill in the frames 0-12 or whatever it is then export it out.

Am I missing something new?

There's also one thing I noticed between the .mel and .seanim files with the ads files with the gun
Is that normal, how the gun doesn't move position with the seanim files?

Thanks for the responses.

ModmeBot:

So I found the issue. It wasn't me or how the animations were imported or exported. It was the modtools not linking the updated BIN files and keeping the old stuff. Pretty much means that the mod tools weren't reading that the new Animated.bin file was updated and overwritten and because of that it would keep the old broken animated file everytime. I just fixed the issue by selecting a different .BIN file in APE and reselecting the new one.

Thanks for all the replies :)

ModmeBot:

Nothing is different about either seanim - or it being bo1

for a start bo1 and bo2 use exactly the same rig

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
Nothing is different about either seanim - or it being bo1 for a start bo1 and bo2 use exactly the same rig

Edited because of the fix
Thanks for all the replies :)