Modme Forums

Custom model error

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: belly3031
I'm importing a custom model that I've created in Maya and when I try setting it up in APE it just stays as the checkered box and says "XModel "chest" Failed. Failed loading Xmodel file "bin file location".
I've converted it in Kronos as a BIN file, I've tried lowering the poly count and removing the textures and even have tried different models. Everything I try doesn't seem to work.
If anyone could help that'd be awesome :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

belly3031
I'm importing a custom model that I've created in Maya and when I try setting it up in APE it just stays as the checkered box and says "XModel "chest" Failed. Failed loading Xmodel file "bin file location". I've converted it in Kronos as a BIN file, I've tried lowering the poly count and removing the textures and even have tried different models. Everything I try doesn't seem to work. If anyone could help that'd be awesome :)

Enable APE's output (you can find it by right clicking at the top or from the menu bar) and send the result as it should contain more info. You can also try ExportX from here (which is pretty much the only converter you'll need):

http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/exportx/

ModmeBot:

Reply By: belly3031

Scobalula
belly3031 I'm importing a custom model that I've created in Maya and when I try setting it up in APE it just stays as the checkered box and says "XModel "chest" Failed. Failed loading Xmodel file "bin file location". I've converted it in Kronos as a BIN file, I've tried lowering the poly count and removing the textures and even have tried different models. Everything I try doesn't seem to work. If anyone could help that'd be awesome :) Enable APE's output (you can find it by right clicking at the top or from the menu bar) and send the result as it should contain more info. You can also try ExportX from here (which is pretty much the only converter you'll need): http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/exportx/

ERROR:Vertex 0 has bad bone
I've also tried ExportX.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TheRipppa
IM getting same error now as well., model worked last time i messed around with it(had the newest codtools and codmayatools installed)..now i keep getting error, and if i set the normals to average model acts static in game

INFO: (212, 1) : Compiling void GenerateUI(asset)

WARNING (431, 25) : Signed/Unsigned mismatch

WARNING:Environment variable 'TA_ASSET_CACHE' not set - disabling shared cache.

Connected to data signature database

Successfully loaded 'avx\embree64r.dll'

Converting xmodel mesh c_zom_hotdog_lod0 (100%)

ERROR:Vertex normal is 0

ERROR: model_export\custom\food_zombies\c_zom_hotdog_lod0.xmodel_bin failed. Failed loading xmodel file 'e:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops iii\model_export\custom\food_zombies\c_zom_hotdog_lod0.xmodel_bin'

Converting xmodel mesh c_zom_hotdog_lod0 (100%)

ERROR:Vertex normal is 0

ERROR: