Modme Forums

Broken Weapon anims

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ihmiskeho
This happens to some ported weapons and I don't know why. Has also happened with exported BO3 weapons. All anims look fine in Maya

This is how the models are exported:

I use collies rig and Wraith to export models.

http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1375
http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/wraith_archon/

Anim joints are selected with the shelf that came with the rig

Any help is appreciated

ModmeBot:

Reply By: LegacyNm
This could be a few things.
First, when importing your seanim file, tag_weapon needs to be named j_gun. When exporting then it should be changed to tag_weapon.
Second, the culprit could be your animation file for the weapon. If that isn't set up correctly it screws up the whole gun and makes it look strange.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ihmiskeho

LegacyNm
This could be a few things. First, when importing your seanim file, tag_weapon needs to be named j_gun. When exporting then it should be changed to tag_weapon. Second, the culprit could be your animation file for the weapon. If that isn't set up correctly it screws up the whole gun and makes it look strange.

Yea the tag is named j_gun when importing the anim. If it wasn't, the animation would already look broken in Maya. The anims look fine in Maya, however.

It's odd because I've ported several other weapons exactly the same and they all look fine.

I'll re-rip and re-export the animations in case something has gone wrong there.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
what gun is this and what game is it from?

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
what gun is this and what game is it from?

So far has happened to Maverick and MTAR-X from CoD Ghosts. Weapon in picture is the MTAR-X. Also happened with BO3 M14, but that could be another issue since it was my first attempt at porting a weapon from BO3.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
theres your problem

bo3 - you shouldnt be using a conversion rig

ghosts - you used the 'wrong' conversion rig

key word 'conversion' - bo3 -> bo3 you just use a set of bo3 viewarms and nothing needs renaming ( j_gun tag_weapon etc )

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
theres your problem bo3 - you shouldnt be using a conversion rig ghosts - you used the 'wrong' conversion rig key word 'conversion' - bo3 -> bo3 you just use a set of bo3 viewarms and nothing needs renaming ( j_gun tag_weapon etc )

I didn't use a conversion rig for BO3 weapons. Used a set of viewhands from BO3.

Anyways, I did some testing with some publically released weapons (there are a lot of mtar-x ports here) and it seems that my issue is caused by a faulty anim_model. When I replaced mine with a downloaded one, the anims started working normally.

Thanks for the help everyone