Modme Forums

ERROR: Map with no brush models

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Arc
Hey Modme forums! I'm new to the mapping scene and got a new error today which is preventing me to compile the map, or open it.

<ul style="padding-left:40px;margin:0;">
<li style="width:100%;">Here's the error after attempting to compile... </li>
<li style="width:100%;">Here's me opening the map after I tried to compile it...</li>
</ul>

Things also to note:

<li style="width:100%;">The map is originally called "zm_last_four"</li>
<li style="width:100%;">Which now it's referred to "unnamed.map" in radiant and the launcher.</li>
<li style="width:100%;">I've loaded it up previously perfectly multiple times before it happened.</li>
<li style="width:100%;">This was sudden, and only happened after adding a piece of paper to the map.</li>
</ul>

Apologies for any lack of info, or if it's a stupid error.

Thank for your time!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

ArcHey Modme forums! I'm new to the mapping scene and got a new error today which is preventing me to compile the map, or open it.

<li style="width:100%;">Here's me opening the map after I tried to compile it...</li>
</ul>

Things also to note:

<li style="width:100%;">Which now it's referred to "unnamed.map" in radiant and the launcher.</li>
<li style="width:100%;">I've loaded it up previously perfectly multiple times before it happened.</li>
<li style="width:100%;">This was sudden, and only happened after adding a piece of paper to the map.</li>
</ul>

Thank for your time!

First, that means the map corrupted somehow you may or may not have a backup .bak file... check map_source

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Arc

DTZxPorter
ArcHey Modme forums! I'm new to the mapping scene and got a new error today which is preventing me to compile the map, or open it.

</ul>

Things also to note:

</ul>

Thank for your time!

First, that means the map corrupted somehow you may or may not have a backup .bak file... check map_source

Thanks for the reply! It seems that my backup has corrupted also :(

In the past 2 days, I've had this error on 3 new maps, and that's ALOT of work gone :/

Do you know anyway of preventing this from happening?

and Thanks for the idea checking the backup! Forgot about doing it!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

Arc
DTZxPorter

</ul>

Things also to note:

</ul>

Thank for your time!

In the past 2 days, I've had this error on 3 new maps, and that's ALOT of work gone :/

The only thing I can say is save constantly and always manually back up the map. When making large sections, they should all be "chunked" into prefabs, makes loading and management easier, and if one is corrupt, you still have the others.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Arc

DTZxPorter
Arc
DTZxPorter

</ul>

Things also to note:

</ul>

Thank for your time!

The only thing I can say is save constantly and always manually back up the map. When making large sections, they should all be "chunked" into prefabs, makes loading and management easier, and if one is corrupt, you still have the others.

Thank you for all of your help! Truly great forum, keep up the good work :)