Modme Forums

“Dirty” Screen Glitch

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202
So I'm calling this the "dirty" screen glitch, because it is really hard to explain with words, but basically it makes you want to wipe down the screen of your computer, because this glitch makes it look dirty.

Its hard to explain but basically whenever you move your view these "dirty" looking (shadows?) stay on the screen for a couple of seconds. They seem to come from the outline of other objects you were previously looking at.

Here you can see I was previously staring at a fence (its basically just a bunch of poles in the ground at different angles) and when I looked away it left that mark on the screen for a little bit.

If anyone else has been experiencing these problems or knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate any help.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PC.
I heard it can be from not putting/not properly settings up reflection probes try that maybe?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

PC.I heard it can be from not putting/not properly settings up reflection probes try that maybe?

Oh my God, I totally forgot about reflection probes! I will try that later, and hopefully it will work.

ModmeBot:

I added reflection probes all around the map, and in the unplayable sections too, but it didn't seem to help. Its possible I'm not doing it right, but its hard to find a good tutorial on lighting and reflection probes at the moment; and they are very different from World at War.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Arceus
Turn ambient occlasion off, its a known glitch

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Kierpok

ArceusTurn ambient occlasion off, its a known glitch

where to find ambient occlasion

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Red Planet

It's not a "KNOWN" Glitch, it even happens on 3arch official maps on bo3.

IMo we still need to figure out how probles fully work.

ModmeBot:

Kierpok

where to find ambient occlasion

Ambient Occlusion is an option in the actual Black Ops 3 game, under Graphics -> Advanced. I turned it off and it seemed to work. Thanks

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

Red

Which makes it a known "glitch" or "issue" if it's happening to a lot of people on themir maps?....

I had the same issue on my GTX 570 and R9 280X, thought it was my map but then I saw same issue on parts of Revelations, maybe 3arc might fix it someday.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Red Planet

Scobalula
Red

Which makes it a known "glitch" or "issue" if it's happening to a lot of people on themir maps?....

I had the same issue on my GTX 570 and R9 280X, thought it was my map but then I saw same issue on parts of Revelations, maybe 3arc might fix it someday.

I still belive that's supposed to be some sort of graphical feature, like when IRL you look at something really bright and remains "on your eye" for sometime and everytime you blink you see the silhouette of that bright thing.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

Red
Scobalula
Red

I still belive that's supposed to be some sort of graphical feature, like when IRL you look at something really bright and remains "on your eye" for sometime and everytime you blink you see the silhouette of that bright thing.

It's not a graphical feature. I have never seen shadows, etc. remain in shiny objects irl. lol

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile

Scobalula
Red
Scobalula
Red

It's not a graphical feature. I have never seen shadows, etc. remain in shiny objects irl. lol

On my old Television Screen, I have it happen at times, but not from my own eye.