Modme Forums

Making Custom Weapon Wallbuys

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: wormhero1
Does anyone know how to make a wallbuy for a custom weapon? I've tried copying the weapon prefabs that already exist, but it doesn't work. In-game, the prompt to buy the gun will come up, but it says it costs 0 points, and it won't let me buy it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SevenGPLuke
Your prefab may bw working but I'm pretty sure something needs to be scripted as well. In WaW you had to add the weapon file name to dlc3_code and zombiemode_weapons to get it fully working. A similar process may be needed for bo3 so try checking your maps scripts and try to findone of the weapon names thats already buyable off wall/in box. I don't know the process yet as I'm currently not working on a zm map. Ta-ta

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78
In WaW, include_weapon's were called in the mapname file which sniperbolt or whoever it was moved all that crap into a user friendly dlc3_code script, and add_zombie_weapon's are called from _zombiemode_weapons. Now, those are all called based off of a stringtable that is loaded at the start of the game. To add your custom weapon, all you have to do is go to BO3 Root/share/raw/gamedata/weapons/zm/zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv, open it, and copy a similar weapon's line and paste it at the bottom, and rename the weapon's name ( the first entry ) to your weapon's name, and rename the weapon's upgraded name ( the second entry ) to the weapon's upgraded file ( if you don't have one yet, leave it blank ). Then you can change the cost and whether it's in the box or limited etc. If you need help just PM me exactly what your weapon needs and I can quickly make a line for you.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164
Refer to this video by CraftDAnimations:

--

Although this does not show you how to make custom wallbuys, it does show how to use his prefab wallbuys.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78
He already knows how to set it up in radiant, and I've explained how to set it up in script