Modme Forums

Black Screen When Loading Map

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202
I honestly have no idea why this happened, but every time I try to load my map (either from Black Ops 3 or Launcher) it goes to a black screen like its trying to load it but it never goes out of that black screen. Does anyone have any ideas what could've caused this to happen? I'm not sure what I could've done wrong. It doesn't even give me an error message, it just stays on a black screen forever. This happens every time I try to play it, so my map is unplayable and un-testable for the time being and any help would be appreciated.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164
I helped someone before with this... If you have any custom scripts on that look for entities (triggers, structs, etc.) they may be looking for them but can not find them. This causes an infinite black screen, to my knowledge. In other words, make sure you have all of your triggers and stuff on the map. I experienced this when I accidentally deleted one of my triggers.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
I fixed it. It turns out I had two triggers with the same targetname, and thats what was screwing it up.