Modme Forums

Weapon Animation Error

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: PaulMcWafflez

Hey everyone - please pardon my noob when I say this - I was attempting to port the 'DBSR-50' loot weapon from Bo3 (its a double-barrel sniper rifle)

And I keep getting this error

Converting xanim vm_sniper_double_barrel_idle

ERROR: duplicate bone 'tag_weapon_right'

^1ERROR: xanim 'vm_sniper_double_barrel_idle' not found

xanim:vm_sniper_double_barrel_idle

weapon:bo3_dbsr50_zm

csv:zone_source/zm_testingfacility.zone

Just a rough overview of the steps I've been taking - feel free to ask more indept if need be:

I've been using SEanims Imported via Wraith (I know is not the issue, cus Wraith is bae) and SEanim tools 1.3.5 (by other bae)

<ul style="padding-left:40px;margin:0;">
<li style="width:100%;">Pair of Bo3 View arms bound (possibly my issue, but works in-game with other animations as part of the animated model for Bo2 Weapons)</li><li style="width:100%;">I bound the gun body</li><li style="width:100%;">I bound the gun mag</li><li style="width:100%;">Boom, Put the two bound parts together with the view arms</li><li style="width:100%;">Selected 'joints' Heirarchy w/ mesh</li><li style="width:100%;">Exported Animation Model</li><li style="width:100%;">Imported SEanim</li><li style="width:100%;">For 'Ads Up/down' Selected tag_torso + tag_cambone without Heirarchy respectively </li><li style="width:100%;">Later checked post-error for Duplicate Joints (found nothing with the same tag_)</li></ul>

Pictures:

Im sorry to inconvenience you guys with such a, most-likely, stupid error on my end

Regardless - Thank you for your time and expertise, any and all help is greatly appreciated

:D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

Rip a clean BO3 pair of hands and use those to animate. (Zombie player char's are the best). If the issue still persists it's an issue with your _export having two of the same tags. You're right that it is an issue in Maya with either your export or something to do with CodMayaTools.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PaulMcWafflez

DTZxPorter

Rip a clean BO3 pair of hands and use those to animate. (Zombie player char's are the best). If the issue still persists it's an issue with your _export having two of the same tags. You're right that it is an issue in Maya with either your export or something to do with CodMayaTools.

Cheers Porter! Nice to have your help again

Yeah, I was planning to rip a new set of arms - I'll see how that goes... I'll add to this thread to see if I find a solution

Don't know if you saw on my last question, or remember me - but thank you so much for all your help!

ModmeBot:

Update: Just downloaded the latest SEanim Tools, and used new view models - No Dice :/ I've updated the images in the link so all can see.

Plan

<s>- update Maya 2017</s>

<s>- Try Maya 2016</s>

- redownload Cod Exporting tools

ModmeBot:

PaulMcWafflez

Update: Just downloaded the latest SEanim Tools, and used new view models - No Dice :/ I've updated the images in the link so all can see.

Plan

- update Maya 2017

- Try Maya 2016

This is unrelated to seanimtools, open up the idle's _export file, (It's text) and paste the bone names from the top. Also seeing as you're on 2017, it's probably an issue with CodMayaTools and maya 2017 (I haven't seen anyone on this yet) Also make sure you're getting mayatools from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ray1235/CoDMayaTools/master/CoDMayaTools.py This is the most recent update

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
PaulMcWafflez

Plan

- update Maya 2017

- Try Maya 2016

This is unrelated to seanimtools, open up the idle's _export file, (It's text) and paste the bone names from the top. Also seeing as you're on 2017, it's probably an issue with CodMayaTools and maya 2017 (I haven't seen anyone on this yet) Also make sure you're getting mayatools from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ray1235/CoDMayaTools/master/CoDMayaTools.py This is the most recent update

Porter Strikes Again! I'll give it a try. Thank you so much for looking into this. At some point, I'll need to buy you a drink or something

And I know that SEanims were working, I just updated it just to be safe (1.3.5 ->1.4.8) along with: 'Call of Duty Tools' for Maya by Aidan Shafran

Sorry, I knew what you meant I don't know what I was thinking...

NUMPARTS 127

PART 0 "tag_view"

PART 1 "tag_ads"

PART 2 "tag_cambone"

PART 3 "tag_torso"

PART 4 "tag_camera"

PART 5 "j_shoulder_le"

PART 6 "j_shoulder_ri"

PART 7 "tag_weapon_left"

PART 8 "tag_weapon_right"

PART 9 "tag_fill_light"

PART 10 "tag_flashlight"

PART 11 "tag_gasmask"

PART 12 "j_elbow_le"

PART 13 "j_elbow_ri"

PART 14 "tag_weapon_right"

PART 15 "j_elbow_bulge_le"

PART 16 "j_sleeve1_01_le"

PART 17 "j_sleeve1_02_le"

PART 18 "j_sleeve1_03_le"

Yup, found the issue with the text editor, I just bumb everything up by one and remove any extraneous lines - I assume

ModmeBot:

I'd try to get Maya 2016, it may not work just removing it depending on if it exported duplicated frames as well. I've notified the maintainer about the issue.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter

I'd try to get Maya 2016, it may not work just removing it depending on if it exported duplicated frames as well. I've notified the maintainer about the issue.

Really? Thank you so much man, Is there any way a simple-ton like me can repay you?

You're an awsome human to do what you do - hell, thats an understatement. Tell me if I can help you in any way - I'd be more than glad to return the favor, especially with a limited skill-set like my own

I tried Maya 2016 without any luck last night, but I'm still more than thankful.

Also eliminating the '14th' script item does entirely nothing with that same error.

ModmeBot:

PaulMcWafflez
DTZxPorter

Really? Thank you so much man, Is there any way a simple-ton like me can repay you?

You're an awsome human to do what you do - hell, thats an understatement. Tell me if I can help you in any way - I'd be more than glad to return the favor, especially with a limited skill-set like my own

I tried Maya 2016 without any luck last night, but I'm still more than thankful.

Also eliminating the '14th' script item does entirely nothing with that same error.

So wait you did try the updated codmayatools I sent though correct? from the "github" link?

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter

So wait you did try the updated codmayatools I sent though correct? from the "github" link?

Yes Sir, no luck - I'll give it another go, just to be safe

Update:Re-pasted all 3k lines after using my text editor to 'select all' followed by a swift 'Ctrl-v'