Modme Forums

Model Looks Weird After Porting?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Wild

Hey everyone. I recently ported over the staff holder from Origins. I have ported many models so I know how to do it and all that but this model just isnt working for me. I got it ported and fixed the textures and in APE the material looks fine as you can see below:

Now for the weird part. In radiant when I look at the model without lighting (f7) the model looks decent as you can see:

Now when I use f8 and look at with light, well it looks like shit:

I have tried editing all the settings in APE and nothing seems to make it look good. I have tried on 2 different maps of mine that have different lighting of course but no matter what the model looks like shit. I've used refelction probes so none of that is the problem and like I said I know how to port and have ported many models that work fine. I just can't seem to get it working. Any help? Maybe someone could try porting it themselves and see how it turns out and if ut's good maybe you could share your setting in APE.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ElTitoPricus

Open the normal maps of the model in photoshop or whatever image editor you are using.

Select Channels go to the blue one and make it 100% white

Save the image and compile again

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

ElTitoPricus

Open the normal maps of the model in photoshop or whatever image editor you are using.

Select Channels go to the blue one and make it 100% white

Save the image and compile again

This fixed it, thank you so much :)