Modme Forums

How to make buyable elevators that carry perks

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Lokii

So i was thinking about a die rise remake and i would love a Perk-evator so instead of using a key, you can purchase the lift to go to that specific floor, if that is possible please respond asap

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

Lokii

So i was thinking about a die rise remake and i would love a Perk-evator so instead of using a key, you can purchase the lift to go to that specific floor, if that is possible please respond asap

Well there's a buyable elevator prefab, i don't know where i saw it tho. Maybe you can somehow add a perk machine prefab to that prefab and make it work?

Question mark because i'm not sure how that elevator works.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Lokii

I believe this is a lot trickier than it sounds, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have good scripting knowledge. This is because the perk prefabs are not designed to be moving, so if you want to have moving perks you'll have to rewrite the perks script. I believe someone was doing this with a moving pack-a-punch.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

Abnormal202
Lokii

I believe this is a lot trickier than it sounds, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have good scripting knowledge. This is because the perk prefabs are not designed to be moving, so if you want to have moving perks you'll have to rewrite the perks script. I believe someone was doing this with a moving pack-a-punch.

Until someone figuried it out... he could make the elevator doors and the same perk behind all the doors of the same elevator shaft and make one of them open, close after a while, open another one while the first one closes,.... etc :p

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

soul-toktzt
Abnormal202
Lokii

Until someone figuried it out... he could make the elevator doors and the same perk behind all the doors of the same elevator shaft and make one of them open, close after a while, open another one while the first one closes,.... etc :p

Well if you know who figured it out, you should contact them and ask them for their script.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TheZombieProject

i did this on waw. you pretty much need to create an easy function that links all the perks ents together machine , trigger, clip etc. this way if you move the perk machine everything moves with it. once your machine is linked up you will then link the machine to the floor of the elevator. after everything is linked up you can move the elevator floor up and down and the perk should move with it obviously this is a basic explanation and additional things will need to scripted to make it look similar to die rise . i wouldn't mind helping you with this i think it's a good idea feel free to pm me if you have any questions or need help