Modme Forums

Sudden loss off textures/models making map unplayable

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: SwanK
Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now
when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes.
Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious.
Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

SwanK
Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes. Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious. Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map!

What about using a Radiant autosave_backup from a few minutes or so before the crash?

Edit: Verify Integrity in steam itself maybe?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SwanK

soul-toktzt
SwanK Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes. Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious. Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map! What about using a Radiant autosave_backup from a few minutes or so before the crash? Edit: Verify Integrity in steam itself maybe?

I verified integrity on both the mod tools and bo3, still corrupted. The loads of errors appeared last night, would I stll be able to use a backup? And if so how do I go about that?
btw thanks for the quick response!

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt SwanK Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes. Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious. Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map! What about using a Radiant autosave_backup from a few minutes or so before the crash? Edit: Verify Integrity in steam itself maybe? I verified integrity on both the mod tools and bo3, still corrupted. The loads of errors appeared last night, would I stll be able to use a backup? btw thanks for the quick response!

Never had this problem nor found someone with the same problem, so all i can do is give some suggestions.

If you go to ROOT folder --> Radiant --> Autosave_backup, there are backups.

Did you try a different map and see if the textures are gone too?
Are there still files / folders in Texture Assets?

Also i'm on ModMe like 70% of the day xD

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes. Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious. Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map! What about using a Radiant autosave_backup from a few minutes or so before the crash? Edit: Verify Integrity in steam itself maybe? I verified integrity on both the mod tools and bo3, still corrupted. The loads of errors appeared last night, would I stll be able to use a backup? btw thanks for the quick response! Never had this problem nor found someone with the same problem, so all i can do is give some suggestions. If you go to ROOT folder --> Radiant --> Autosave_backup, there are backups. Did you try a different map and see if the textures are gone too? Are there still files / folders in Texture Assets? Also i'm on ModMe like 70% of the day xD

I loaded the backup and its the same problem. When I open radiant, I get flooded with warnings and errors and a message that says
Layered material library is corrupt
GetLastError() = 183
There are files in texture_assets but im not sure if they are all there, since im missing textures of course. Models are different also. Foliage is now black squares and some models dont even show up.

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes. Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious. Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map! What about using a Radiant autosave_backup from a few minutes or so before the crash? Edit: Verify Integrity in steam itself maybe? I verified integrity on both the mod tools and bo3, still corrupted. The loads of errors appeared last night, would I stll be able to use a backup? btw thanks for the quick response! Never had this problem nor found someone with the same problem, so all i can do is give some suggestions. If you go to ROOT folder --> Radiant --> Autosave_backup, there are backups. Did you try a different map and see if the textures are gone too? Are there still files / folders in Texture Assets? Also i'm on ModMe like 70% of the day xD I loaded the backup and its the same problem. When I open radiant, I get flooded with warnings and errors and a message that says Layered material library is corrupt GetLastError() = 183 There are files in texture_assets but im not sure if they are all there, since im missing textures of course. Models are different also. Foliage is now black squares and some models dont even show up.

If you want to, i can upload my texture assets folder to Mediafire or something and you can see if those work?

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes. Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious. Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map! What about using a Radiant autosave_backup from a few minutes or so before the crash? Edit: Verify Integrity in steam itself maybe? I verified integrity on both the mod tools and bo3, still corrupted. The loads of errors appeared last night, would I stll be able to use a backup? btw thanks for the quick response! Never had this problem nor found someone with the same problem, so all i can do is give some suggestions. If you go to ROOT folder --> Radiant --> Autosave_backup, there are backups. Did you try a different map and see if the textures are gone too? Are there still files / folders in Texture Assets? Also i'm on ModMe like 70% of the day xD I loaded the backup and its the same problem. When I open radiant, I get flooded with warnings and errors and a message that says Layered material library is corrupt GetLastError() = 183 There are files in texture_assets but im not sure if they are all there, since im missing textures of course. Models are different also. Foliage is now black squares and some models dont even show up. If you want to, i can upload my texture assets folder to Mediafire or something and you can see if those work?

That would be fantastic, thanks man.

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK Over the weekend I created a map when suddenly radiant crashed and when I tried to re open the mod tools, steam made me install an update for it. Now when I open my map, half of the textures are replaced with checkered green and orange, and some of the models are replaced with cubes. Even textures on models are missing. I cant launch my map to test if any of my new features work and im anxious. Immediate help would be highly appreciated, I want to release this map! What about using a Radiant autosave_backup from a few minutes or so before the crash? Edit: Verify Integrity in steam itself maybe? I verified integrity on both the mod tools and bo3, still corrupted. The loads of errors appeared last night, would I stll be able to use a backup? btw thanks for the quick response! Never had this problem nor found someone with the same problem, so all i can do is give some suggestions. If you go to ROOT folder --> Radiant --> Autosave_backup, there are backups. Did you try a different map and see if the textures are gone too? Are there still files / folders in Texture Assets? Also i'm on ModMe like 70% of the day xD I loaded the backup and its the same problem. When I open radiant, I get flooded with warnings and errors and a message that says Layered material library is corrupt GetLastError() = 183 There are files in texture_assets but im not sure if they are all there, since im missing textures of course. Models are different also. Foliage is now black squares and some models dont even show up. If you want to, i can upload my texture assets folder to Mediafire or something and you can see if those work? That would be fantastic, thanks man.

I'll post the link once it's uploaded.

Or if someone else already has the whole texture assets folder uploaded in the meantime.... :p

ModmeBot:

+ win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me.

ModmeBot:

SwanK
+ win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me.

I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD.

That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume.

Either way, this should be fixable.
From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map.

Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting.

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting.

Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few.

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting. Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few.

Heh, texture assets folder is approx 23.7GB for me

Going to take a while to upload...

You want to do it the whole folder?

Or just one of the sub folders and see if that works?

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting. Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few. Heh, texture assets folder is approx 23.7GB for me Going to take a while to upload... You want to do it the whole folder? Or just one of the sub folders and see if that works?

I wouldnt know what sub folder to try. And also models are missing as well so would I need to replace my model_export folder?

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting. Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few. Heh, texture assets folder is approx 23.7GB for me Going to take a while to upload... You want to do it the whole folder? Or just one of the sub folders and see if that works? I wouldnt know what sub folder to try. And also models are missing as well so would I need to replace my model_export folder?

What if you go in APE , select a material and see if the color maps are missing or there?

Also t7_materials are the "normal" textures i think, like wood_plank and bricks and stuff.

ModmeBot:

All i can say is either download the model and texture folders from someone, or reinstall mod tools.

ModmeBot:

These are just the wood_plank textures, see if these work in Radiant.

Download

(Does the link / download work? First time actually posting a download link.)

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting. Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few. Heh, texture assets folder is approx 23.7GB for me Going to take a while to upload... You want to do it the whole folder? Or just one of the sub folders and see if that works? I wouldnt know what sub folder to try. And also models are missing as well so would I need to replace my model_export folder? What if you go in APE , select a material and see if the color maps are missing or there? Also t7_materials are the "normal" textures i think, like wood_plank and bricks and stuff.

I looked through the textures and they all look normal. While in radiant I noticed the only textures and models that were affected were the ones used in the map.

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting. Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few. Heh, texture assets folder is approx 23.7GB for me Going to take a while to upload... You want to do it the whole folder? Or just one of the sub folders and see if that works? I wouldnt know what sub folder to try. And also models are missing as well so would I need to replace my model_export folder? What if you go in APE , select a material and see if the color maps are missing or there? Also t7_materials are the "normal" textures i think, like wood_plank and bricks and stuff. I looked through the textures and they all look normal. While in radiant I noticed the only textures and models that were affected were the ones used in the map.

Try changing the texture to something else and then back?

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting. Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few. Heh, texture assets folder is approx 23.7GB for me Going to take a while to upload... You want to do it the whole folder? Or just one of the sub folders and see if that works? I wouldnt know what sub folder to try. And also models are missing as well so would I need to replace my model_export folder? What if you go in APE , select a material and see if the color maps are missing or there? Also t7_materials are the "normal" textures i think, like wood_plank and bricks and stuff. I looked through the textures and they all look normal. While in radiant I noticed the only textures and models that were affected were the ones used in the map. Try changing the texture to something else and then back?

Didnt work. I tried opening the textures that are missing in APE and it notifies me that that material doesnt exist.

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK soul-toktzt SwanK + win for the effort. I put too many hours into this map over the weekend to see it deteriorate right in front of me. I know the feeling man, my first map, 87 hours approx... suddenly decided to break xD. That was 4 months ago, decided to check it out again... Realised i don't have a sun, umbra and fps tool volume. Either way, this should be fixable. From what i can theorise from your comments it has to do with the textures, not the map. Could you try a different map? And see if there are textures or not. Just to make sure, i mean, better try something while we are waiting. Im currently making a map using similar models and textures to test in a few, Ill let you know in a few. Heh, texture assets folder is approx 23.7GB for me Going to take a while to upload... You want to do it the whole folder? Or just one of the sub folders and see if that works? I wouldnt know what sub folder to try. And also models are missing as well so would I need to replace my model_export folder? What if you go in APE , select a material and see if the color maps are missing or there? Also t7_materials are the "normal" textures i think, like wood_plank and bricks and stuff. I looked through the textures and they all look normal. While in radiant I noticed the only textures and models that were affected were the ones used in the map. Try changing the texture to something else and then back? Didnt work. I tried opening the textures that are missing in APE and it notifies me that that material doesnt exist.

If you can gather a list of those that are missing, i can upload them?

Or check if they are actually in the texture assets folder or not, maybe it's just APE saying it's missing.

ModmeBot:

Im not going to be home till a bit later. I'll send a list when I get back

ModmeBot:

SwanK
Im not going to be home till a bit later. I'll send a list when I get back

That's fine, like i said, i'm like 70% of the day on this site xD

ModmeBot:

Heres the files in my texture browser appearing as checkers.
mtl_pz_rolled_tarp_rope
t7_brick_worn_rounded
t7_decal_signage_54i_graffiti_01
t7_decal_signage_graffiti_deadpharoahs
t7_decal_signage_sin_graffiti_arrows
t7_grass_scrub_blend
t7_water_mp_stronghold_flow_vista
t7_water_stream_small
t7_wood_beam_worn_oak_bleached_darker

ModmeBot:

Turns out the models are the bigger issue, heres the ones that need replaced...
p7_debris_trash_corner_clump_02
p7_debris_trash_scattered_clump_02
p7_debris_trash_scattered_wide_clump_02
p7_eth_foliage_grass_line_01
p7_eth_foliage_grass_tall
p7_eth_foliage_grass_tall_wild
p7_foliage_tree_roots_set_01a
p7_foliage_tree_roots_set_01b
p7_inf_foy_beginning_house_pot_01
p7_ship_cargo_crane
p7_sin_ship_container_384_grunge_blue
p7_sin_ship_container_384_grunge_red
p7_sin_ship_container_384_red
p7_sin_ship_container_door_frame_grunge_blue
p7_sin_ship_container_door_lt_grunge_blue
p7_trashcan_street_metal_closed_dmg_wet
p7_zm_zod_keeper_portal_base
p7_zm_zod_lantern_metal_01
p7_zur_meteor
veh_t7_civ_sedan_midsize_dead_white_singapore

ModmeBot:

Do you still have the GDT's of the models & Textures?

If not i'll copy the GDT's and the texture files.

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
Do you still have the GDT's of the models & Textures? If not i'll copy the GDT's and the texture files.

What are the GDT's?

ModmeBot:

SwanK
soul-toktzt Do you still have the GDT's of the models & Textures? If not i'll copy the GDT's and the texture files. What are the GDT's?

When i'm home i'll just copy EVERYTHING from the models you miss xD

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK soul-toktzt Do you still have the GDT's of the models & Textures? If not i'll copy the GDT's and the texture files. What are the GDT's? When i'm home i'll just copy EVERYTHING from the models you miss xD

Lol okay thanks XD

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
SwanK soul-toktzt Do you still have the GDT's of the models & Textures? If not i'll copy the GDT's and the texture files. What are the GDT's? When i'm home i'll just copy EVERYTHING from the models you miss xD

Any luck with the models and textures?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ASTR0x0M3GA
I'm having a similar issue like yours where the textures and models of my map are missing while they are still located in file directories. This texture and model screwup wasn't noticed until I had to make steam 'acknowledge' the contents where the mod tools were.

Couple of nights ago, I decided to go turn of my pc before I went to bed. The next day, I woke up, turned on the pc, went on steam and noticed that the mod tools in the tool section of steam weren't installed even though I had them installed already. So I tried to download the mod tools on the drive where I have them located (just so it can override its contents at the very least). It downloaded and it 'recognized' the file location, a download was placed after that adjustment occurred which was about 40 minutes. After all of that occurred, I was able to open up the mod tools and I clicked radiant applied to my map selection. The next thing I know, I'm looking at my map with textures that are missing, seeing some of the models that are in their shape without some textures applied and models that are displaced with little cubes.

I exited my launcher and noticed an update that was needed for the mod tools and so i proceeded with installing it. The download process on steam for the mod tools was 'validating' for 40 minutes but whenever I looked at the download page it told me it was an "update required". The download process didn't have any bytes transferring. After the validation process, it listed another update required listed on the download section for the mod tools again. Clicked it and said validating again. So now it's a nonstop loop of telling me something that is in need of an update when it actually isn't.

I don't know WHY steam decided to not recognize the mod tools for black ops 3 in the tool section for me, even when i could run the tools by just finding it in the files and using it from there. But i wanted to make sure I'm getting everything new from the updates. I find myself regretting that decision immensely now.

It's weird because most of the textures and models that can't be seen in radiant are the models and textures THEY provided within their bo3 mod tools. I'm thinking about saving some of the exclusive files and deleting the game and the mod tools and re downloading it to fix but unsure if the problems will be fixed henceforth.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DarkS0uls54
If your still missing them try to re add all your gdts to it just take everything out of the model export and put it back in i had that happen to me mod tool got messed up after the update

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ASTR0x0M3GA

DarkS0uls54
If your still missing them try to re add all your gdts to it just take everything out of the model export and put it back in i had that happen to me mod tool got messed up after the update

Take out the gdts and models out of model export folder and put them back in?