Modme Forums

Asset Editor Mod Tools not loading

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: SkillzShots
i'm having issues with Asset Editor not loading in task manager i see Asset Editor

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild
Verify the tools on steam. Also try going to your bo3root\bin and right click on asseteditor_modtools.exe and run it as an administrator.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SkillzShots

AGC
Verify the tools on steam. Also try going to your bo3root\bin and right click on asseteditor_modtools.exe and run it as an administrator.

I did it still same i dnt no if i should remove mod tools only back up usermaps

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CraftDAnimations
Did you ever get this sorted? I am experiencing the same thing. APE crashed on me and now will not run but shows up in the task manager.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

SkillzShots
i'm having issues with Asset Editor not loading in task manager i see Asset Editor

end process it in task manager wait a min then reopen it

its a dead process, and cant open because of it

common issue

ModmeBot:

Reply By: truman08
I'm having the same problem with APE not loading but showing as a running process in the Task Manager. This issue started 2 or 3 weeks a go and I have been unable to complete my map ever since. I have tried the following fixes:

<ul><li>Ending the process in task manager and starting the program manually form the execution file</li>
<li>Starting the program in Administrator mode and various compatibility modes</li>
<li>Verifying the game files on Steam</li>
<li>Disabling my antivirus and firewall software</li>
</ul>
The only option I have left is to reinstall mod tools but I am wary of doing this due to the risk of further problems arising. I have backed everything up but I just have a bad feeling about reinstalling knowing that others have run into issues after reinstalling.

Did anybody find a fix for this issue other than the above or reinstalling mod tools?

ModmeBot:

this has always been a issue, just keep ending the process in task manager and try again, it works eventually

if not end mod tools and steam, and restart them

this is nothing new and you do not need to reinstall anything other than to waste your own time

ModmeBot:

I hear you man but I have tried all of these suggestions several times without success, for hours at a time on occasion.

I know the issue has been around forever but I’ve always got it to work eventually (normally the second attempt). This time it just doesn’t want to open no matter what.

It’s just my luck that this happens when I was due to release the map I’ve spent the last 3-4 months working on. I really don’t know what else to do to at this point.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

truman08
I hear you man but I have tried all of these suggestions several times without success, for hours at a time on occasion. I know the issue has been around forever but I’ve always got it to work eventually (normally the second attempt). This time it just doesn’t want to open no matter what. It’s just my luck that this happens when I was due to release the map I’ve spent the last 3-4 months working on. I really don’t know what else to do to at this point.

Try deleting the GDT cache from <bo3root>\gdtdb\gdt.db. This file may have corrupted during the crash, and it's safe to delete as re-running the launcher will generate a new cache file. It works for some errors. Again, you won't lose anything by deleting the file.</bo3root>

ModmeBot:

truman08
I hear you man but I have tried all of these suggestions several times without success, for hours at a time on occasion. I know the issue has been around forever but I’ve always got it to work eventually (normally the second attempt). This time it just doesn’t want to open no matter what. It’s just my luck that this happens when I was due to release the map I’ve spent the last 3-4 months working on. I really don’t know what else to do to at this point.

remove your custom gdts and try again

ive had "one" occasion where a duped gdt stopped me opening it - there were errors in launcher as soon as i opened it tho

put them back after

ModmeBot:

Thanks for your help guys but both of these suggestions haven't worked either.

I have found a user on Discord that had the very same issue a few months back. No matter what he tried to do, it just would not open the program. I have spoken to him and been advised that reinstalling mod tools was the only way that he could get it to work again.

I've backed up all my custom files ready to put back in after the reinstall so hopefully all will be okay. I'll update this once I've reinstalled with positive news I hope.