Modme Forums

No sounds working.

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: BO3SUX
So I've done everything I can think of, my szc file is 100% correct, I've changed my , to a . and vise versa in the region settings. I've verified the integrity of my bo3 and bo3 mod tools and my sounds NEVER work in the game. My launcher says

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/gdtdb/gdtdb.exe /update

gdtDB: updating

processed (0 GDTs) (0 assets) in 1.834 sec

gdtDB: successfully updated database.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/bin/linker_modtools.exe -language english -modsource zm_morta

Linking "zm_morta" (usermaps\zm_morta stable 2689866 v593):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta all zm_morta
ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc
ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown.

processing...

^3Empty asset name given, asset type '*/'

csv:rt7_zpkg/ochilon_hud.zpkg
csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone

^1ERROR: image 'uie_t7_zm_hud_panel_rnd.tiff' is missing

image:uie_t7_zm_hud_panel_rnd.tiff
csv:rt7_zpkg/ochilon_hud.zpkg

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta all zm_morta
ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc

^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_morta.all.alias.sz'

^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load

^3Found 15 bad bulletmeshes, dumped to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/usermaps\zm_morta/zone_source/all/assetinfo/zm_morta_bulletreport.csv file.

done: 0m38.76s

Linking "en_zm_morta" (usermaps\zm_morta stable 2689866 v593):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta english zm_morta
processing...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta english zm_morta

^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_morta.english.alias.sz'
csv:zone_source/loc/zm_morta.zone
^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load
csv:zone_source/loc/zm_morta.zone

done: 0m2.26s

["C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\linker_modtools.exe" -language english -modsource -spawnedchild -localized zm_morta]

Anyone have any idea of whats going on? Everything works except for sounds for perks, guns, etc.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

BO3SUX
So I've done everything I can think of, my szc file is 100% correct, I've changed my , to a . and vise versa in the region settings. I've verified the integrity of my bo3 and bo3 mod tools and my sounds NEVER work in the game. My launcher says [Spoilers] Show / Hide C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/gdtdb/gdtdb.exe /update gdtDB: updating processed (0 GDTs) (0 assets) in 1.834 sec gdtDB: successfully updated database. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/bin/linker_modtools.exe -language english -modsource zm_morta Linking "zm_morta" (usermaps\zm_morta stable 2689866 v593): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta all zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. processing... ^3Empty asset name given, asset type '*/' csv:rt7_zpkg/ochilon_hud.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone ^1ERROR: image 'uie_t7_zm_hud_panel_rnd.tiff' is missing image:uie_t7_zm_hud_panel_rnd.tiff csv:rt7_zpkg/ochilon_hud.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta all zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. ^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_morta.all.alias.sz' csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone ^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone ^3Found 15 bad bulletmeshes, dumped to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/usermaps\zm_morta/zone_source/all/assetinfo/zm_morta_bulletreport.csv file. done: 0m38.76s Linking "en_zm_morta" (usermaps\zm_morta stable 2689866 v593): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta english zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. processing... "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta english zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. ^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_morta.english.alias.sz' csv:zone_source/loc/zm_morta.zone ^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load csv:zone_source/loc/zm_morta.zone done: 0m2.26s ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\linker_modtools.exe" -language english -modsource -spawnedchild -localized zm_morta] Anyone have any idea of whats going on? Everything works except for sounds for perks, guns, etc.

Your map is missing some files, idk this isn't fixed but It happens to me a lot.
Here's how I get the files
1. Create a new map with a unique name
2. ONLY compile and link the map twice
3. If there is no zone file in the sound folder of your map name, then repeat the steps.
(I recommend once you get a map with the files, replace the .map files in map_source with your old map's files.)

Also, if it still doesn't work, I would back up your map files, remove all the folders relating to mod tools in your root, and to a fresh reinstall.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: BO3SUX

TrueGamerCalls
BO3SUX So I've done everything I can think of, my szc file is 100% correct, I've changed my , to a . and vise versa in the region settings. I've verified the integrity of my bo3 and bo3 mod tools and my sounds NEVER work in the game. My launcher says [Spoilers] Show / Hide C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/gdtdb/gdtdb.exe /update gdtDB: updating processed (0 GDTs) (0 assets) in 1.834 sec gdtDB: successfully updated database. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/bin/linker_modtools.exe -language english -modsource zm_morta Linking "zm_morta" (usermaps\zm_morta stable 2689866 v593): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta all zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. processing... ^3Empty asset name given, asset type '*/' csv:rt7_zpkg/ochilon_hud.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone ^1ERROR: image 'uie_t7_zm_hud_panel_rnd.tiff' is missing image:uie_t7_zm_hud_panel_rnd.tiff csv:rt7_zpkg/ochilon_hud.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta all zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. ^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_morta.all.alias.sz' csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone ^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load csv:zone_source/zm_morta.zone ^3Found 15 bad bulletmeshes, dumped to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/usermaps\zm_morta/zone_source/all/assetinfo/zm_morta_bulletreport.csv file. done: 0m38.76s Linking "en_zm_morta" (usermaps\zm_morta stable 2689866 v593): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta english zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. processing... "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\sound\snd_convert.exe" pc usermaps\zm_morta usermaps\zm_morta zone_source usermaps\zm_morta english zm_morta ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_morta\sound\zoneconfig\zm_morta.szc ERROR: Exception of type 'app_common.JSONParseExpectingError' was thrown. ^1ERROR: unable to load file 'sound/zone//zm_morta.english.alias.sz' csv:zone_source/loc/zm_morta.zone ^1ERROR: sound aliases failed to load csv:zone_source/loc/zm_morta.zone done: 0m2.26s ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\bin\linker_modtools.exe" -language english -modsource -spawnedchild -localized zm_morta] Anyone have any idea of whats going on? Everything works except for sounds for perks, guns, etc. Your map is missing some files, idk this isn't fixed but It happens to me a lot. Here's how I get the files 1. Create a new map with a unique name 2. ONLY compile and link the map twice 3. If there is no zone file in the sound folder of your map name, then repeat the steps. (I recommend once you get a map with the files, replace the .map files in map_source with your old map's files.) Also, if it still doesn't work, I would back up your map files, remove all the folders relating to mod tools in your root, and to a fresh reinstall.

thanks will give this a go

ModmeBot:

Reply By: BO3SUX
HOLY FUCK THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

BO3SUX
HOLY FUCK THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

np