Modme Forums

Clipping animated models

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: mathfag
How do I clip a model that is spawned via script and then animated (and deleted when it's done)? I can't use a standard collision map because different parts of the model are moving and I need the clip to move with them.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

mathfag
How do I clip a model that is spawned via script and then animated (and deleted when it's done)? I can't use a standard collision map because different parts of the model are moving and I need the clip to move with them.

I'm not great with scripting but you might be able to spawn a brushmodel (being a clip) and then applying all the movements from your dynamic model to your brushmodel.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

The Black Death
mathfag How do I clip a model that is spawned via script and then animated (and deleted when it's done)? I can't use a standard collision map because different parts of the model are moving and I need the clip to move with them. I'm not great with scripting but you might be able to spawn a brushmodel (being a clip) and then applying all the movements from your dynamic model to your brushmodel.

aand how do i spawn such a thing?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

mathfag
The Black Death mathfag How do I clip a model that is spawned via script and then animated (and deleted when it's done)? I can't use a standard collision map because different parts of the model are moving and I need the clip to move with them. I'm not great with scripting but you might be able to spawn a brushmodel (being a clip) and then applying all the movements from your dynamic model to your brushmodel. aand how do i spawn such a thing?

<span class="function-style">Spawn</span><span class="function-parameters">(<classname>, <origin>, [spawnflags])</origin></classname></span>

Looks like if you put
script_brushmodel
as the classname it could work, though I expect there's a few other things you'll have to do to make it a clip and set its size and such.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
cant spawn script brushmodels and theres no need to animate a clip, you should clip the entire object blocking players from getting anywhere near any moving parts. Anything else would be either not possible or problematic ( notice treyarch do not do this at any point )