Modme Forums

BO3 mod tools on an USB external drive

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Quark
I want to use BO3 mod tools on my laptop,but I don't have enough space for the mod tools, so I would like to know if is possible to work on the mod tools while it is on an USB 3.0 external drive. If yes, what kind of performance loss will have?.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

Quark
I want to use BO3 mod tools on my laptop,but I don't have enough space for the mod tools, so I would like to know if is possible to work on the mod tools while it is on an USB 3.0 external drive. If yes, what kind of performance loss will have?.

it may be slow but it will still work

I found that the tools was slow on an internal drive until i upgraded the drive to an SSD I personally wouldn't use mod tools on an external drive unless it was E-SATA however you could upgrade your internal drive on the laptop later down the road if you dont have funds to do so at the moment and at least give it a try on your external usb 3 just coz its so bloody addictive :)

seen a few ssd's on overclockers at the 500GB size starting at 139.99 which is a lot less than what i paid originally well worth thinking about :)

good luck and have fun

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Quark
Thanks for the help D-2-K, I understand that upgrading the internal laptop storage would be better, but I also wanted to work on the my main computer without having to copy everything again.