Modme Forums

How can I recover a map that I lost when formatting my PC?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: iAr7uRo
Hello friends, a few days ago I reinstalled the windows so I deleted and cleaned my junk hard drive. Everything went well I made the backup of my files and also a backup of the obtained assets textures, models, weapons, etc ...

I also made a backup of the map I was doing, but just copy the folder with the extension: usermaps / zm_motel. It contains the folders: scripts, sound, zone and zone_sourse. I thought that just by moving the zm_motel folder again I could edit the map normally as I did before.
I downloaded a program that recovers lost files after I had formatted the computer and found several files that have the extension of my zm_map map. But I do not know what files are necessary to recover my map and be able to open it in Radiant.

I only know that there is a very important file to be able to execute the map that is zm_motel.map. But that file can not be found in the search the program did. Could anyone help me please?
I add that if I move the zm_motel folder to user maps, if I can run it in the Black Ops 3 game, everything will be intact.

I hope your help thanks and excuse my English!

Image only have this file.
https://ibb.co/iyXftG

ModmeBot:

Reply By: iAr7uRo
nobody can help me?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

iAr7uRo
nobody can help me?

It's been a mere 6~ hours...

Recovery Software is as good as you're going to get for consumer, dwelling deeper becomes more expensive and more for enterprise, I've used Recuva in the past with good results, but doing a deep scan takes quite some time on a relatively big drive.

Make multiple back ups, including offsite/one away from your PC (such as Cloud or USB Drive), 1 back up is never enough, especially when you're storing on it the same machine as the other back up/s.

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
It's been a mere 6~ hours... Recovery Software is as good as you're going to get for consumer, dwelling deeper becomes more expensive and more for enterprise, I've used Recuva in the past with good results, but doing a deep scan takes quite some time on a relatively big drive. Make multiple back ups, including offsite/one away from your PC (such as Cloud or USB Drive), 1 back up is never enough, especially when you're storing on it the same machine as the other back up/s.

I used that Recuva program, but for me it was not efficient I did not find any file related to the data I lost. Hard 5 hours looking for nothing.
These programs are better: RecoveryMyFiles v1.0 pro and EASEUS Data Recovery. With those programs I found a lot of lost information from the mod tools.

But the point of my topic is that what are the necessary files to load and run the map in Radiant, if anyone knows about that I would appreciate it.

Old photos of my project

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

iAr7uRo
Scobalula It's been a mere 6~ hours... Recovery Software is as good as you're going to get for consumer, dwelling deeper becomes more expensive and more for enterprise, I've used Recuva in the past with good results, but doing a deep scan takes quite some time on a relatively big drive. Make multiple back ups, including offsite/one away from your PC (such as Cloud or USB Drive), 1 back up is never enough, especially when you're storing on it the same machine as the other back up/s. I used that Recuva program, but for me it was not efficient I did not find any file related to the data I lost. Hard 5 hours looking for nothing.These programs are better: RecoveryMyFiles v1.0 pro and EASEUS Data Recovery. With those programs I found a lot of lost information from the mod tools. But the point of my topic is that what are the necessary files to load and run the map in Radiant, if anyone knows about that I would appreciate it. Old photos of my project

All you need is the .map file. So it should be zm_yourmap.map

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
and any prefabs, fx or custom models / textures / assets that were used

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
and any prefabs, fx or custom models / textures / assets that were used

Yes, I have all the assets of my map backed up, but for me to be able to edit my map again it does not let me do it in radiant I get an error about the one configuration.

I get several zm_motel.map files and I do not understand why, since I tried to download one and put it in the folder: map_sourse / zm and nothing happened when starting in radiant the same error comes out.

Here are some images of what can be recovered with the program.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

iAr7uRo
Harry Bo21 and any prefabs, fx or custom models / textures / assets that were used Yes, I have all the assets of my map backed up, but for me to be able to edit my map again it does not let me do it in radiant I get an error about the one configuration. I get several zm_motel.map files and I do not understand why, since I tried to download one and put it in the folder: map_sourse / zm and nothing happened when starting in radiant the same error comes out. Here are some images of what can be recovered with the program.

Those .map files are all autosaves from Radiant. Make sure you remove the numbers from the file name. Also when you say "nothing happened when starting in Radiant" does that mean you're trying to open the map from the launcher? If so, try just opening Radiant, then go to file/open and see if you can open it that way. If it works like that then you need to make sure you remove the numbers from the file name so it matches what your map name is in the launcher.