Modme Forums

Can’t PAP custom weapons

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: DJ_Dandy
I have been able to add custom weapons to my map, however I'm having an issue with them not being able to be pack a punched.

I have my zm_test_weapons.csv located under usermaps/zm_test/gamedata/weapons/zm
With the weapons data added to it.

I have the weapons added to my zone file, and i put the test for the user_aliases in.
Here is my zone file.

Another note this isn't an issue specific to the gun in the image. I've added two other weapons for multiple people's ports and both have run into the issue.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
did you check the option in APE?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DJ_Dandy

mathfag
did you check the option in APE?

Where would I find this option ins APE?
-Thanks for the reply.

ModmeBot:

DJ_Dandy
mathfag did you check the option in APE? Where would I find this option ins APE? -Thanks for the reply.

I did some actual research this time and it turns out there's no option in ape. Its all in the levelcommon.csv file

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula
Try following this tutorial:

http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/black_ops_3/basics/setup_mystery_box_weapons/

While the tutorial says Mystery Box, this is also responsible for Pack a Punch (since it goes over adding the weapons to csv and loading the csv).

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
Try following this tutorial: http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/black_ops_3/basics/setup_mystery_box_weapons/ While the tutorial says Mystery Box, this is also responsible for Pack a Punch (since it goes over adding the weapons to csv and loading the csv).

So I went through the tutorial and I am still having the same issue. I think it might be due to my placement of the files.
- zm_test_weapons.csv
I originally had this under: Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_test\gamedata\weapons\zm. The tutorial makes it seem like it should be under: Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\gamedata\weapons\zm
So I have a copy of it in both locations, which place should it be in?
- zm_usermap.gsc
- zm_usermap.csc
Both are under: BlackOps3Root/share/raw/scripts/zm, I changed the line looking at the weapons I don't think the problem is in here.
- zm_test.csc
- zm_test.gsc
Again I am a bit confused as to where these should be. The tutorial didn't say change directories, so should it be under: BlackOps3Root/share/raw/scripts/zm?
I had it under: Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_test\scripts\zm and in BlackOps3Root/share/raw/scripts/zm, again which is the proper place?
- test.zone
Added the lines from tutorial, again I don't think this is the problem either. I am also wondering with stringtable and scriptparsetree they are only looking in the zm_test folder right not in the share?
- Thank you for the replies

ModmeBot:

The usermaps and zm_tests should be in mapname/scripts/zm/
I'd leave the levelcomon_weapons file in the root/share... location cuz if i leave it in the mapname folder it doesnt work half the time.

You need to add this to the zone for the new weapon file to function

//Custom box weapons
stringtable,gamedata/weapons/zm/zm_levelcommon_weapons_935.csv // Whatever name you gave your csv and referenced in the 4 scripts
//Custom usermap modifications
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_usermap.gsc // Only if you do not already have this in this file elsewhere
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_usermap.csc // Only if you do not already have this in this file elsewhere

ModmeBot:

Reply By: elricos
This is the process to add it correctly, Youtube URL, Click Here (is from my weapon post)

PD: check just the process (because the spanish) or turn on subtitles :b

ModmeBot:

mathfag
The usermaps and zm_tests should be in mapname/scripts/zm/ I'd leave the levelcomon_weapons file in the root/share... location cuz if i leave it in the mapname folder it doesnt work half the time. You need to add this to the zone for the new weapon file to function //Custom box weapons stringtable,gamedata/weapons/zm/zm_levelcommon_weapons_935.csv // Whatever name you gave your csv and referenced in the 4 scripts //Custom usermap modifications scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_usermap.gsc // Only if you do not already have this in this file elsewhere scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_usermap.csc // Only if you do not already have this in this file elsewhere

Yep that was it. I guess I thought by usermaps they meant my map name. Everything is functioning now thank you very much for you time.