Modme Forums

Have some questions about melee weapons

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: modric
I downloaded Snypryms melee weapons and they work great except they dont have sounds. I would love to add some sort of melee sound, even the default knifing one would work. Also is it possible to make his melee weapons into a bowie knife type weapon?

Here is his post: https://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1282&page=2

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

modric
I downloaded Snypryms melee weapons and they work great except they dont have sounds. I would love to add some sort of melee sound, even the default knifing one would work. Also is it possible to make his melee weapons into a bowie knife type weapon? Here is his post: https://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1282&page=2

Yes.

I will send you a sample GDT I made a while back which provides an example bulletweapon file (for a melee however) however the main focus in the GDT will be the sound setup. I'll send it to you in PMs.

As for setting it up as an offhand melee, you need to create a meleeweapon file in APE and transfer animations, models, damage values etc from Synprym's bulletweapon file into this file and then reference it in your zone file. If you're unsure how to do this, I recommend you get Discord (unless you already have it), and ask within the various Mod Tools servers created by the community for help. It's easier to guide you with instant messaging.

Within the GDT is a sharedweaponsounds asset along with fx, follow the various other files referenced by these to locate where the aliases are defined so you can set them up yourself, then reference the sharedweaponsounds asset in your bulletweapon file. FX is optional, although I recommend it to increase the quality of the port.

Hopefully I've helped.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

The Black Death
modric I downloaded Snypryms melee weapons and they work great except they dont have sounds. I would love to add some sort of melee sound, even the default knifing one would work. Also is it possible to make his melee weapons into a bowie knife type weapon? Here is his post: https://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1282&page=2 Yes. I will send you a sample GDT I made a while back which provides an example bulletweapon file (for a melee however) however the main focus in the GDT will be the sound setup. I'll send it to you in PMs. As for setting it up as an offhand melee, you need to create a meleeweapon file in APE and transfer animations, models, damage values etc from Synprym's bulletweapon file into this file and then reference it in your zone file. If you're unsure how to do this, I recommend you get Discord (unless you already have it), and ask within the various Mod Tools servers created by the community for help. It's easier to guide you with instant messaging. Within the GDT is a sharedweaponsounds asset along with fx, follow the various other files referenced by these to locate where the aliases are defined so you can set them up yourself, then reference the sharedweaponsounds asset in your bulletweapon file. FX is optional, although I recommend it to increase the quality of the port. Hopefully I've helped.

why set a melee weapon as a bullet weapon? in waw we had no choice - from bo1 onwards we have "meleeWeapon" asset types

and these can be set as both a wieldable weapon and as your default melee

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

Harry Bo21
The Black Death modric I downloaded Snypryms melee weapons and they work great except they dont have sounds. I would love to add some sort of melee sound, even the default knifing one would work. Also is it possible to make his melee weapons into a bowie knife type weapon? Here is his post: https://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1282&page=2 Yes. I will send you a sample GDT I made a while back which provides an example bulletweapon file (for a melee however) however the main focus in the GDT will be the sound setup. I'll send it to you in PMs. As for setting it up as an offhand melee, you need to create a meleeweapon file in APE and transfer animations, models, damage values etc from Synprym's bulletweapon file into this file and then reference it in your zone file. If you're unsure how to do this, I recommend you get Discord (unless you already have it), and ask within the various Mod Tools servers created by the community for help. It's easier to guide you with instant messaging. Within the GDT is a sharedweaponsounds asset along with fx, follow the various other files referenced by these to locate where the aliases are defined so you can set them up yourself, then reference the sharedweaponsounds asset in your bulletweapon file. FX is optional, although I recommend it to increase the quality of the port. Hopefully I've helped. why set a melee weapon as a bullet weapon? in waw we had no choice - from bo1 onwards we have "meleeWeapon" asset typesand these can be set as both a wieldable weapon and as your default melee

Black Ops III dedicated melee weapons use bulletWeapon assets.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

The Black Death
Harry Bo21 The Black Death modric I downloaded Snypryms melee weapons and they work great except they dont have sounds. I would love to add some sort of melee sound, even the default knifing one would work. Also is it possible to make his melee weapons into a bowie knife type weapon? Here is his post: https://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1282&page=2 Yes. I will send you a sample GDT I made a while back which provides an example bulletweapon file (for a melee however) however the main focus in the GDT will be the sound setup. I'll send it to you in PMs. As for setting it up as an offhand melee, you need to create a meleeweapon file in APE and transfer animations, models, damage values etc from Synprym's bulletweapon file into this file and then reference it in your zone file. If you're unsure how to do this, I recommend you get Discord (unless you already have it), and ask within the various Mod Tools servers created by the community for help. It's easier to guide you with instant messaging. Within the GDT is a sharedweaponsounds asset along with fx, follow the various other files referenced by these to locate where the aliases are defined so you can set them up yourself, then reference the sharedweaponsounds asset in your bulletweapon file. FX is optional, although I recommend it to increase the quality of the port. Hopefully I've helped. why set a melee weapon as a bullet weapon? in waw we had no choice - from bo1 onwards we have "meleeWeapon" asset typesand these can be set as both a wieldable weapon and as your default melee Black Ops III dedicated melee weapons use bulletWeapon assets.

no they dont