Modme Forums

Need help with lights/exploders

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: modric
I was unable to find a tutorial on light exploders anywhere, I just want to find out how to trigger a light within my script. also while on the subject how could I change with sun/ssi to use from a script?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

modric
I was unable to find a tutorial on light exploders anywhere, I just want to find out how to trigger a light within my script. also while on the subject how could I change with sun/ssi to use from a script?

#using scripts\shared\exploder_shared; // obv place to start...

exploder::stop_exploder( "exploder_name" );
exploder::exploder( "exploder_name" );

ModmeBot:

Reply By: modric

Harry Bo21
modric I was unable to find a tutorial on light exploders anywhere, I just want to find out how to trigger a light within my script. also while on the subject how could I change with sun/ssi to use from a script? #using scripts\shared\exploder_shared; // obv place to start... exploder::stop_exploder( "exploder_name" ); exploder::exploder( "exploder_name" );

Thanks but I'm not sure I understand... I assume they are similar to fx and that exploder::exploder("exploder_name") would be defining it in my gsc. But is it like an fx when I call it to be used? And how do I see what exploders I have to choose from? Are all efx's exploders? Can I call it similarly to this?
playfx(level._effect["powerup_grabbed"]

ModmeBot:

no

exploder::stop_exploder( "exploder_name" ); // stop exploder
exploder::exploder( "exploder_name" ); // start exploder

there isnt a list of exploders - they are lights in radiant, you get 1 or a group of them and make them "into" a exploder

they are nothing to do with fx, they are so you can control lights from script, as the light functions in the api are now deprecated

ModmeBot:

I have this in my script and have the #using exploder in my gsc... I couldnt find how to actaully make an exploder in radiant so i tried a scriptable light with the zns_light targetname seen in this script

exploder::exploder( "zns_light" );

ModmeBot:

modric
I have this in my script and have the #using exploder in my gsc... I couldnt find how to actaully make an exploder in radiant so i tried a scriptable light with the zns_light targetname seen in this script exploder::exploder( "zns_light" );

script light functionality is deprecated, exploders are "instead" of them....

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
modric I have this in my script and have the #using exploder in my gsc... I couldnt find how to actaully make an exploder in radiant so i tried a scriptable light with the zns_light targetname seen in this script exploder::exploder( "zns_light" ); script light functionality is deprecated, exploders are "instead" of them....

OK well did I do the script stuff right? And how do i add exploders in radiant