Modme Forums

How to enable/change character voices in-game.

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Zixology
I know it's possible. I've seen plenty of other maps with character voices. I just can't seem to find a way to change the VO lines in game.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
Aquire this. To change the voices to say the SOE crew just change the aliases or use a different csv table

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Zixology

mathfag
Aquire this. To change the voices to say the SOE crew just change the aliases or use a different csv table

I did everything and the quotes didn't play. However, I saw that you have to modify the zone file to use zm_vox.csv under gamedata/audio/zm (which didn't exist and it doesn't tell you to make that folder or add the file there). Once I did, I was able to get the quotes for taking damage, but no others. Not sure why though.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: modric
I did what mathfag said and like you all I get is damage grunts, no other quotes... using der eisendrache primis quotes

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

Zixology
mathfag Aquire this. To change the voices to say the SOE crew just change the aliases or use a different csv table I did everything and the quotes didn't play. However, I saw that you have to modify the zone file to use zm_vox.csv under gamedata/audio/zm (which didn't exist and it doesn't tell you to make that folder or add the file there). Once I did, I was able to get the quotes for taking damage, but no others. Not sure why though.

if you check the link again there is a download in the instructions as well that gives you what you were missing

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1azwdp0yfti7zbp/bo3_zm_vox_updated.zip

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
Zixology mathfag Aquire this. To change the voices to say the SOE crew just change the aliases or use a different csv table I did everything and the quotes didn't play. However, I saw that you have to modify the zone file to use zm_vox.csv under gamedata/audio/zm (which didn't exist and it doesn't tell you to make that folder or add the file there). Once I did, I was able to get the quotes for taking damage, but no others. Not sure why though. if you check the link again there is a download in the instructions as well that gives you what you were missing http://www.mediafire.com/file/1azwdp0yfti7zbp/bo3_zm_vox_updated.zip

I had already downloaded and added it to my route folder. However, reading your post did make me take a bit of a closer look at the file. The instruction doesn't say to do it, but if you move the OTHER file (zm_vox.csv) with the same name into your specific map folder, then everything will work, not just the injury SE.

ModmeBot:

Could u be more specific? The .csv found in gamedata or raw? and where exactly do i move it?

ModmeBot:

modric
Could u be more specific? The .csv found in gamedata or raw? and where exactly do i move it?

Copy the gamedata folder from the download and copy it into your zm_"your map" folder.

ModmeBot:

Zixology
modric Could u be more specific? The .csv found in gamedata or raw? and where exactly do i move it? Copy the gamedata folder from the download and copy it into your zm_"your map" folder.

Maybe I did a little too much, i moved it to usermap/gamedata-and then made these folders to match how they were in share- audio/zm/vox file. i still only have grunts so i must have moved them to the wrong spot in my usermap folder

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

he instruction doesn't say to do it, but if you move the OTHER file (zm_vox.csv) with the same name into your specific map folder, then everything will work, not just the injury SE

moving it to usermap will make no difference

the linker first checks "usermap/path" if not found checks "raw/path" anyway

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
he instruction doesn't say to do it, but if you move the OTHER file (zm_vox.csv) with the same name into your specific map folder, then everything will work, not just the injury SE moving it to usermap will make no difference the linker first checks "usermap/path" if not found checks "raw/path" anyway

OK so what did this guy do then? From what you said it sounds like what he did didnt actually do anything...

ModmeBot:

correct - it changed nothing

unless the file he put in his usermap - was in some way different to the one he had in raw

ModmeBot:

The .vox file is absolutely packed with sounds- no reason it should be damage grunt sounds only... I'm curious to see what exactly Zexology did to get these to work properly

ModmeBot:

from what i see in the download, he made the sound alias

anyone with no working sounds, prob havent added that to their scz file in their mod

the other file is some kind of "definitions"

ModmeBot:

the gamedata folder is in the wrong place in the download

should be in share/raw not just "share"

this is why people "think" its not working when its in root/share, its just in the wrong place

should be here

also if using the "preserved" filepaths from wraith

the sounds are in en\vox not zombie\vox

a mass find and replace in the alias should suffice

ModmeBot:

http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/black_ops_3/basics/setting_up_player_voices_%28_der_eisendrache_%29/

full tutorial on adding the DE player quotes, with the proper alias paths and gamedata path that has elluded so many people

Also included the actual sound files

3 steps and you are done

ModmeBot:

awesome these work perfectly thanks