Modme Forums

WAV Is Not The Correct Format

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Zixology
I haven't had this issue before. I've been using custom .wav files up to this point just fine with no format issues. I use 32-bit at 48000hz and now my new ones result in an error saying that "wav is not format 1 or 0xFFFE". Can anyone help and/or tell me what I did wrong this time that I apparently did right last time?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

Zixology
I haven't had this issue before. I've been using custom .wav files up to this point just fine with no format issues. I use 32-bit at 48000hz and now my new ones result in an error saying that "wav is not format 1 or 0xFFFE". Can anyone help and/or tell me what I did wrong this time that I apparently did right last time?

what program are you using Audacity ??? then try 16bit pcm 48000hz and not 32 ?? when converting any new sound files

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Zixology

D-2-K
Zixology I haven't had this issue before. I've been using custom .wav files up to this point just fine with no format issues. I use 32-bit at 48000hz and now my new ones result in an error saying that "wav is not format 1 or 0xFFFE". Can anyone help and/or tell me what I did wrong this time that I apparently did right last time? what program are you using Audacity ??? then try 16bit pcm 48000hz and not 32 ?? when converting any new sound files

Yeah. I just tried that and still nothing. I don't get the error anymore. But now it just plays the old file I used to have. I don't even know where it's getting the old file since I replaced it. This isn't making any sense.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Zixology
I actually just did another test. Cause I got some of the files working in the past.
I just reverted back and loaded/linked all the old files and it's still using some of the "newer ones" if that makes sense.
Meaning that all these file changes have been being ignored by the mod tools. So I just need to figure out why it's ignoring them.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death
If you encounter *any* errors during snd_convert, regardless of whether it is related to the specific sound you want to edit, *no* sounds will update.