Modme Forums

Changing the mysterybox’ blue beam

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Christians_Gaming
Can somebody please tell me, how to change the blue beam on the mysterybox? I wan't it to be red instead ;)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
I looked inside the _zm_magicbox.gsc and _zm_magicbox.csc and the FX i found were:

#precache( "client_fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_open_glow_zmb" );
#precache( "client_fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_closed_glow_zmb" );

#precache( "fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_marker_zmb" );
#precache( "fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_marker_fl_zmb" );
#precache( "fx", "zombie/fx_barrier_buy_zmb" );

unfortunately, the only FX I could find in the raw files was fx_barrier_buy_zmb, and that is some sort of lightning effect, not the mystery box light you're looking for.

So if you wanted to make a custom mystery box light FX, you'd have to start from scratch and wouldn't be able to just take the old one and recolor it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Christians_Gaming

Abnormal202
I looked inside the _zm_magicbox.gsc and _zm_magicbox.csc and the FX i found were: #precache( "client_fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_open_glow_zmb" ); #precache( "client_fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_closed_glow_zmb" ); #precache( "fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_marker_zmb" ); #precache( "fx", "zombie/fx_weapon_box_marker_fl_zmb" ); #precache( "fx", "zombie/fx_barrier_buy_zmb" ); unfortunately, the only FX I could find in the raw files was fx_barrier_buy_zmb, and that is some sort of lightning effect, not the mystery box light you're looking for. So if you wanted to make a custom mystery box light FX, you'd have to start from scratch and wouldn't be able to just take the old one and recolor it.

Ok that's a shame, but thank you for your help, I appreciate it ;)