Modme Forums

The Cavern [WIP] - My First Attempt at Mapping

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: MoTivE

Hi All,

MoTivE here, just wanted to introduce myself and say that I joined this forum roughly 2 weeks ago now i think ? and I have to say thank you all for the great tutorials and help available here not to mention the free content, it really is incredible.

I started learning Radiant (Black Edition) say a month ago now just in my spare time as i have always had an interest in level design/custom maps etc, I am also learning modelling in Blender.

It has been a few weeks now and i learnt quite a bit so i have made a quick video to see what you guys think, so please see the video below of my first attempt at creating a simple custom map inside Radiant on my Youtube channel implementing what i have learned so far..

Let me know what you think?

Thank you,

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ping998

Definetely looks nice, keep up the good work!

What other features are you planning on adding?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MoTivE

Ping998

Well I have just fixed the sounds for most of the weapons on the map last night and tweaked what is available from the mystery box, so all is good there. I am now currently working on adding better lighting effects with shadows etc. Extra perk machines will be my next task (electric cherry, widows wine etc) and i will most likely add a few of Natesmiths brilliant custom powerups into the map at a later date.

I am not sure in regards to extending the map yet to more areas, I am still thinking about that at the moment.

-MoTivE-

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PentaFrost

MoTivE
Ping998

Well I have just fixed the sounds for most of the weapons on the map last night and tweaked what is available from the mystery box, so all is good there. I am now currently working on adding better lighting effects with shadows etc. Extra perk machines will be my next task (electric cherry, widows wine etc) and i will most likely add a few of Natesmiths brilliant custom powerups into the map at a later date.

I am not sure in regards to extending the map yet to more areas, I am still thinking about that at the moment.

-MoTivE-

I have the Electric Cherry GDT and models if you want :)

ModmeBot:

Hey thanks yeah that would be a great help seeing as its my next task to get my head around

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Pretty good looking for a first map. One problem with it though, is that the space on the bottom is very open and wide. You don't find very open spaces like that on any official zombies maps because it makes it too easy to train zombies and avoid getting hit. You don't need to shorten the whole thing though, if you ever find yourself making wide open spaces you can just add debris and junk in the way so the players have to run around it, and it makes it feel more tight. I currently was dealing with this in my map, so I added some big machinery and drew clips around it, so it would be more challenging for the players. Good luck with mapping!

ModmeBot:

Hi thank you for your comment it is much appreciated, I will definatly take this into consideration and try to fill it out a bit as you mentioned. Once iv done some more work on it I will post an update.

ModmeBot:

Hey everyone just wanted to post a quick screenshot of what stage i am at with the map so far....new youtube video will follow soon once I get the time to do it , there has been alot of changes and additions.

ModmeBot:

Hi all sorry for the delay in the release of this map as i had a hardrive failure but thankfully managed to recover my valuable files! Have just published the map on the workshop so go give it go and let me know what yous think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=926415509