Modme Forums

Farm of the Dead (WIP)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Rewbin

Been working working on this map since mod tools released, though I took a break for a few months and just got back in to it.

The screenshots are from outside the farm area, there are a few more playable areas, I will release a video soon.

I got a little bit of experience from making 2 maps for deathrun on call of duty 4, but this is my first attempt at a zombies map, so the only things new to me is the zombie part, but there are a lot of good tutorials out there which has helped me out a lot.

Im not too good at detailing, but Im trying my best to make it as detailed as possible, which is one of the reasons Im posting it here. (Hope someone has any ideas)

Actually, Ima post a ss of another part as well.

Also, does anyone know how to stop the lights from going through walls? I turned off noshadowmap on the light, but it still shines through the cieling (3rd ss) I had the same problem on the barn, but I fixed it by turning off noshadowmap (does it matter if its a spotlight or a cirlce light?)

Spoiler text.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ItalianMilkMan

Map looks great so far! As for detail, put things in that belong on a far. Such tools, planks of wood, maybe some old engines from tractors or something. If you put debris around, make sure it makes sence. For example, you could put a hole in your barn house, and have bits of wood scattered all around the ground. Or maybe around that metal tower you have (I think its a silo) You could have some stacked pieces of metal nearby that wasnt use while building the silo and never got cleaned up. Or that spot with the chairs and table, maybe the farmer had some friends around and they had a few drinks and played cards, you could put some bottles and other things on the table. Things like that :D