Modme Forums

[WIP] - Sand Banks

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: CASE
<h1 style="text-align:center;">SAND BANKS</h1>
Work in Progress - v.01
----------------------------------------------------------
Sand Banks is my first map I've ever worked on and it is staged in the middle of an Archipelago (a collection of small islands). I really want to focus on one thing, and that is "fun". I've always loved maps where you can just relax and have a good time. This map was originally going to be a remastering of the popular World at War custom zombie map entitled "Red Sand", but the further I worked on it, I felt as if it was turning into something different...
----------------------------------------------------------
OVERALL COMPLETION
20%

<h3 style="text-align:left;">Here are a few preliminary screens of the map so far...</h3>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before we talk about the main things and plans I have for this map, lets look at a couple more screens, but in Radiant...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<h2 style="text-align:left;"> </h2>
<h2 style="text-align:left;">THINGS I PLAN TO ADD:</h2>
-| All custom weapon ports from various COD's (ported from me, not from a weapon pack. I really want to do this all myself)
-| A simple Easter-Egg (a "three teddy bear" type of thing)
-| Kino Teleporter
-| Plenty of secrets/references to keep the map fun
-| Custom Skybox (this one kinda blows, lol)
-| Fix Water Texture (See Below...)

<h2 style="text-align:left;"> </h2>
<h1 style="text-align:center;">WATER TEXTURE PROBLEM</h1>

I cant seem to fade the sand into the water smoothly without the player being able to CLEARLY
see the edge of the brushmodel. Either the water texture is so clear you can see straight through
it, or its a STRAIGHT CUTOFF between the two brushes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<h1 style="text-align:left;">

[B]EXAMPLES[/B]
</h1>
[B][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FoAFGdV.jpg[/IMG] [/B]

<h2>
[B]With this one, You can clearly see the edge of my brushmodels... sure its distorted [/B]
</h2>
<h2>
[B]a little near the edges but its still very obvious and poor looking...[/B]
</h2>
[B] [/B]

[B] [/B]

[B][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rWFLDtB.jpg[/IMG][/B]

<h2>
[B]This one is more "ocean" looking but the texture isn&#39;t transparent in the slightest [/B]
</h2>
<h2>
[B]and it&#39;s a straight cutoff between the two brushmodels...[/B]
</h2>

[B][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dUk5AC6.jpg[/IMG][/B]

<h2>
[B]Even when I tried to extend my brush to force it to blend as it goes "deeper", the water texture doesn&#39;t blend at all and no matter how low I make the brush go, you will always see the edge of it...[/B]
</h2>

[B][I]&lt;span style="color:#ccffff;"&gt;&lt;span style="color:#ffff99;"&gt;&lt;span style="color:#ffff00;"&gt;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;[/I][/B]

<h1> </h1>
<h1>
[B][I]IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO HELP ME SOLVE THIS, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.[/I][/B]
</h1>
[B][I]Besides the water issue though, let me know how the map is shaping up, and maybe some suggestions if you have any. :)[/I][/B]

<h1 style="text-align:right;"> </h1>
<h1 style="text-align:right;"> </h1>
-case

<h3> </h3>
<h3> </h3>
<h3 style="text-align:left;"> </h3>
<h6 class="r"> </h6>