Modme Forums

[WIP] Project Elemental

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ihmiskeho:

Thread By: ihmiskeho

Project Elemental

The sequel to Hanoi that nobody expected or wanted. Anyways, this map will be somewhat similar to Origins (hopefully not that broken). I will try to make enjoyable to everyone so I will be listening to your suggestions.

Story:

Our four heroes used the teleporter in Hanoi and got theirselves in the middle of a jungle. After some aimless searching they find a huge research centre hidden in the middle of nowhere. They soon realize that the events in Hanoi were just the tip of the iceberg. And it seems like Richtofen knew this all along.

Planned Features:
-Origins styled elemental wonder weapons (not the staffs). Each "weapon" works a bit differently. Upgrading them will change their effects so you have even more ridiculous ways to kill zombies. There will probably be other wonder weapons as well.
-Power is turned on using generators. There will be a total of 4 in the map. They are similar to the origins ones but once activated they can't shut down.
-Weapons from various game titles: BO1, BO2, Ghosts, BO3 DLC etc., and a possibly weapons from non-cod games, for example Battlefield series. (Listed games are the ones I can port weapons from. Guns from other games, for example mw2, mw3, aw, would be great if someone is willing to share them)
-Huge Easter Egg for you to solve.
-Multiple Boss Zombies. Some are round based, some spawn when you make progress. There will also be a final boss battle similar to other bo3 maps.
-Customizable game options: Options to choose different gamemodes and game options, such as Classic (no easter eggs, or objectives, all weapons accessable through mystery box) (Not sure if this this is possible/how it would work in BO3)
-Big map layout: The map has five sections. Each section has it's own objectives to complete in order to progress with the easter egg. There will also be multiple ways to move from one place to another so these sections wont just be dead ends.

Planned map layout (and current progress)

That's pretty much it. If you have any ideas or requests, leave them in the comments.

Videos:

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
If you need help with scripting (which it looks like you need a lot of, based on your planned features) I could help. I've already made an Origins-similar generator script that can't get turned off. Some of the other stuff on there will require a lot of work on your part though, such as making custom wonder weapons, as you're gonna need your own models, anims, and FX first.

ihmiskeho:

Reply By: ihmiskeho

Abnormal202
If you need help with scripting (which it looks like you need a lot of, based on your planned features) I could help. I've already made an Origins-similar generator script that can't get turned off. Some of the other stuff on there will require a lot of work on your part though, such as making custom wonder weapons, as you're gonna need your own models, anims, and FX first.

If you could help with the generators that would be great!

As for the other features I'm well aware that they are hard and time consuming to create. Currently I have only few of the wonder weapons scripted so making this map is going to take a while.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Unrankedgaming
nice job man, the map looks good and the features will be great!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

ihmiskeho:

Update Time!

New areas and first ported weapon(normalmap fixed already, no need to comment on that).

Also first boss zombie is almost ready. You can expect to see him soon if I get through all syntax errors...

ihmiskeho:

Been awhile since the last update:

Some script related updates coming soon!

ihmiskeho:

Long time no update. Anyways, here's one of the elemental weapon of the map:

And updated spawn room:

Also if anyone is interested in helping me, I would appreciate if someone could share MOTD afterife hand anims. Anyone helping will be credited properly and will access the beta test of the map.

Map is still fairly early in developement so don't expect a release soon.

ihmiskeho:

Some new areas:

Image quality suck for some reason, idk why

Overall map info:
Map layout is about 80% done, but still needs alot of detail and proper lighting

Scripting:
An afterlife system may be implemented. Currently about 20% done, we'll see how things go.
Other scripted features (some already done, others are WIP) include digsites, elemental weapons and custom traps. Any other requests will be taken into consideration

Weaponry:
Similarly to Origins, wall weapons will fit the time period of the map (so mainly BO1 and WWII weapons)
Box weapons are more modern (many weapons are from Ghosts)

Any feedback is appreciated!

ihmiskeho:

Afterlife

Still need to:
-Set up proper viewhands and body models
-Create proper hud effects and vision
-Figure out why grenade physics don't return back to normal (I use SetPlayerGravity() for the jumping)
-Set up proper anims and models (I don't have them so need help)
-Some other script fixes

ihmiskeho:

Watch your step! You don't want to get muddy...

ihmiskeho:

Something I've been working on for a few days.

Also, I'm thinking of releasing a small map that features some of the scripts of this map. For example afterlife, digsites etc. The main reason is that I have no one to coop test with. So basically it would be like a test map that you could play and report bugs.
Would anyone be interested in this sort of map?

By the way it wouldn't be a box map but rather include some areas of this map.

ihmiskeho:

Finally something new on the scripting side:

ModmeBot:

Reply By: steviewonder87

ihmiskeho:

Map layout is done (yay) so it's time to detail some of the bare looking rooms.
Here's some progress:

ihmiskeho:

New lighting once again (this time I'm pretty happy with how it turned out)

Some remade/new areas:

Also I haven't really mentioned anything about the weaponry, so here's a list of the current weapons in the map (if you have any suggestions, feel free to share them)

===========WEAPON LIST======================

Starting weapons:
-Nambu (Takeo starting weapon)
-Walther P38 (s2, Richtofen starting weapon)
-Makarov (t6, Nikolai starting weapon)
-Colt M1911 (s2, Dempsey starting weapon)

Wall Weapons:
-M14 (t7)
-Olympia (t7)
-M16 (t7)
-Galil (t7)
-Sten (t7)
-MP5 (t6)
-RPK (t7)
-Dragoon
-AK47 (t6)

Assault rifles:
-Honeybadger
-SC2010
-AK12
-ARX
-AN94 (t7)
-Remington R5
-MSBS
-Maverick (ar variant)

SMGs:
-CBJ Ms
-Vector CBR (iw6)
-K7
-Vepr
-MSMC (t7)
-MTAR-X (iw6)

LMGs:
-Ameli (iw6)
-LSAT (iw6)
-PKM

Snipers:
-L115 A3
-VKS
-SVU (iw6)
-XPR-50 (t7)

Shotguns:
-MTS-225
-Spas12 (t6)

Pistols/Handguns:
-.44 magnum (iw6)
-M9A1

Launchers:
-Panzerfaust
-Kastet

Special:
-Elemental wonder weapons (ice/fire/wind/lightning)
-Ray Gun
-Ray Gun Mark2
-Minigun (iw6)
-Crossbow
-Machete

There's also going to be a custom Pack-a-Punch system, which will be replacing the BO3 style AATs, such as Blast Furnace. More on that later.

ihmiskeho:

Arguably everyone's least favorite boss. So why not bring it to Black Ops 3.
By the way I'm open to suggestions on how to improve him (I don't want a 1-1 replica of the Tranzit version) so feel free to give your opinion.

This was the first time I've tried to script a shooting enemy, and I think it turned out alright. Still needs some FX work and sounds.

ihmiskeho:

Been working on buildables:

This is most likely the last scripted feature I'm going to add (other than the easter egg of the map). As for a release date, hopefully it will be done by summer.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K
ihmiskeho
Arguably everyone's least favorite boss. So why not bring it to Black Ops 3. By the way I'm open to suggestions on how to improve him (I don't want a 1-1 replica of the Tranzit version) so feel free to give your opinion.This was the first time I've tried to script a shooting enemy, and I think it turned out alright. Still needs some FX work and sounds.

He looked dam cool to me m8 cant w8 to see how you polish him off with extra fx well done dude, he was never my least fave boss either easy to defeat with galvas :)

ihmiskeho:

Since I now have some time to work on this mod again, I've decided to start posting weekly updates. So here's what has been done in the past week.

Mapping:

Scripting:

-Due to map balancing and a frankly a hellish amount of script issues that I can't fix, I have had to change afterlife to a more soe beast style mode. 
This basically means removing the last stand abilities.

Afterlife now contains the following purposes:
-Shock to power up traps/generators
-Can shock zombies to teleport them away
-Faster movement, low gravity and access to special areas
-Can shock revive other people (custom feature)
-If anyone has any further ideas to compensate the loss of laststand, let me know.I really don't want this to be a completely pointless ability
since it has taken so much time

-Both boss zombies had issues with coop (not attacking player properly) but are now fixed.

-Avogadro fx has been moved over to csc. This should prevent issues from fx not always showing up.

-Finally found a fix for instakill not working. Fixing this also fixed some wonder weapons.

Other:
-Created custom gloss maps for all BO2 and Ghosts weapons, since they didn't have these.

-All snipers now use BO3 style dual-render scopes.

-Started working on custom chalk textures for wall weapons.

-Weaponfile fixes.

ihmiskeho:

Weekly Update #2
No pictures today, there's really nothing to show/I don't want to spoil all areas
This week was the first coop-test of the map (I guess you would call it an alpha build). And of course, there were some good and bad things to notice. A pleasant surprise was that we didn't really experience any game-braking script issues. There were no crashes and all features worked relatively well.

There was a game-breaking bug though. For some reason the map has these invisible walls, that block access to many areas. These are weird because there's literally nothing I have placed in radiant in these spots, yet these "walls appear". There doens't appear to be any errors related to this in the compile log either. I have no idea what this issue is, I have never seen anythinglike this. Hopefully it will get sorted though.

The other concern was the map size. Due to the map being so big, especially earlier rounds seemed to go quite slowly. Will improve on this as well.

Other updates:

Mapping:
-Entire map is now clipped
-Entire map is now zoned
-Added new routes for zombies to get to players

Scripting:
-Re-scripted avogadro and engineer "choose spawn" logic. The older one, which was based on debris/door flags, was inconsistent and had some issues
if the area was opened elsewhere.
-Improved avogadro projectile shooting, projectiles disappearing instantly should not be an issue anymore
-Avogadro now has the ability to teleport to nearby players, if the players are too far away. I'll also script the tranzit style avogadro teleporting soon
-Added shield buildable
-Added traps (thanks to Harry and Symbo)

Next week I will start scripting the boss fight.
I don't want to spoil much, but if you've seen recent updates, you might have already seen mr boss guy

ihmiskeho:

So much for those weekly updates but the modtools have been a pain the last few weeks. First of all the mapfile broke, so pretty much everything mapping wise is the same as it was 2-3 weeks ago.
Then, APE stopped working and refused to open. But anyways, here are some in-game pics (lighting might look different since I have settings pretty low on BO3, looks better in radiant)

More in-depth info on what has been done since the last update:

Mapping:
-DETAIL, lots of detail that pretty much disappeared with the map file. So nothing much on the geometry side
-Made huge areas harder to train at
-New lighting, new LUT (still tweaking it)
-Fixed (majority of) invisible walls

Scripting:
-Now uses original BO1 characters to go with theme of the map. (Thanks to The Indestructable Mike Pence)
-New characters also fixed the playermodel revive issue I had with Chronicles characters
-Added Fire sprinters. These start spawning later on and will sprint to the player and blow up. Killing them from distance is your best choice
which shouldn't be too hard since they have low health
-Added origins mud (thanks to Ardivee)
-Upgraded Olympia lights zombies on fire, just like in BO1/BO2 (this is actually scripted in BO3 if anyone wants to use it, works with any weapon)
-Added blue progress bar for afterlife
-Added shock hints for afterlife
-Fixed afterlife jumping
-Scripted MOTD style afterlife number code, may be used in the Easter Egg
-Scripted a "pre game area" where players spawn upon connecting. Host can change gamemodes and start the game, clients have the option to vote what gamemode they want
-Scripted Gun Game
-Pretty much all wonder weapons are now done with proper fx and functionality (still trying to create a tornado fx for the upgraded wind)
-Origins style digsites (may not be 1-1 functionality, since I have never played Origins)
-Boss fight started
-IMS is now buildable and functions just like any other buildable in the game
-IMS now uses the exact same code as any BO3 placable killstreak from MP, so no more issues with alignment/clipping into walls
-Return back to unedited behaviour for zombies, since coop had issues with zombies ignoring players (needs testing)

Other:
-Added Shangri-La zombies from Zombie Chronicles (thanks to Erthrock)
-All weapons that have been in previous zombies maps are now upgradeable (If anyone has good name suggestions for Ghosts weapons, let me know)
-New weapons: Vepr, IA2, UTS, MSBS, MP443 (single and DW)
-All weapons are now in the box, altough you can't pick them up for some reason
-Tweaked zombies speeds and other gameplay balancing

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Dedrix
"never played Origins", OMEGALUL

ModmeBot:

Reply By: steviewonder87
Nice to see people are still making maps for WAW

ihmiskeho:

steviewonder87
Nice to see people are still making maps for WAW