Modme Forums

( TESTERS NEEDED ) Harry Bo21’s Template

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Harry Bo21
Hi everyone, forgive the lazyness of this post, ill edit it later and make it a bit more fleshed out

Summary
-----------

I have been working quietly on a project for the mod tools rather than doing a ton of induvidual releases

This template will be a sort of "add on" or "dlc" i guess for the mod tools that will add a ton of my asset and features to the tools

It will also add a new option in launcher when creating a map to use my template, if chosen will set up "my" test map with all my features set up in it when you begin, rather than you going through the hassle of setting everything up all the time

It will also include bug fixes and missing sounds for stock stuff

List of Features
-----------------

* My Perks ( Quick Revive, Juggernog, Double Tap 2.0, Speed Cola, Deadshot Daquiri - new model -, PHD Flopper, Staminup, Mule Kick, Tombstone Soda, Who's Who, Electric Cherry, Vulture Aid, Widow's Wine )
* The BO3 wunderfizz set up properly
* The Apothicon Servant set up properly
* Multiple Mystery Boxes ( Origins, SOE, Stock, MOTD )
* Multiple Paps ( Origins, DE, Stock )
* My Weapon Pack ( Currently on V3.0.0 )
* A dedicated weapon table already set up
* My Napalm Zombie
* My Shrieker Zombie
* Zombie Blood
* Bonfire Sale
* Extra Perk Slot powerup
* Origins Dig Sites
* LiL arnie fix
* PPsh sound fix

And more i cant think of right now, but literally like a metric ton more

If you wanna join the test group, post here, pm me or find me on discord. Please note however, ive had multiple people ask to test and promise they know what they are doing - but they dont, and instead wasted a ton of my time for nothing, so i only want dedicated people who at least understand the basics ( eg what to do about duplicate materials... )

THIS IS NOT A OFFER TO GIVE YOU ASSETS FOR WHATEVER PROJECT YOU ARE MESSING AROUND WITH NOW - IF YOU CAN MOVE THEM TO YOUR PROJECT THEN SO BE IT BUT I NEED TESTERS FOR - THIS TEMPLATE - NOT YOUR MAP

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls
I'll admit, I'm not the greatest at mapping or scripting or any of that baloney. Though I will be more then glad to test the template if you'll like. I know how to port models and shit like that (I know how to set up source_data and GDT's and stuff) So I don't know really know how to fix a duplicite material error, but I never get one when porting models and texture. Either ways, I would love to test this out if you wouldn't mind, if not, I'll look out for its initial release.

If you wanna contact me on discord, its TrueGamerCalls#6312

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K
It would be an honour to help test this i would even go as far as to do a complete fresh install of the mod tools and additional assets pack for it (if that's necessary)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Tjmoney030589
I'll join the test pool.... It would be an honor to help out.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: iAr7uRo

Harry Bo21

I would also like to join the group and try the new assets and implimentar them on my map, I think I have the basic knowledge of how to handle the materials.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

Harry Bo21
THIS IS NOT A OFFER TO GIVE YOU ASSETS FOR WHATEVER PROJECT YOU ARE MESSING AROUND WITH NOW - IF YOU CAN MOVE THEM TO YOUR PROJECT THEN SO BE IT BUT I NEED TESTERS FOR - THIS TEMPLATE - NOT YOUR MAP

Thank you for your responses, but can you guys also give some kind of explanation of your current sort of "level" with the mod tools and what variety of downloadable assets youre already using?

As I said in the post, ive had a few testers sign on who actually have no idea what they are doing - which caused a influx of PMs, wasted time i could of spent working on the template itself and me having to fix everything myself via team viewer. Id rather not repeat this experience again

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PlutoBro
I wouldn't mind to test it a bit,
if you can't find too many people I will be happy to.

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
Harry Bo21 THIS IS NOT A OFFER TO GIVE YOU ASSETS FOR WHATEVER PROJECT YOU ARE MESSING AROUND WITH NOW - IF YOU CAN MOVE THEM TO YOUR PROJECT THEN SO BE IT BUT I NEED TESTERS FOR - THIS TEMPLATE - NOT YOUR MAP Thank you for your responses, but can you guys also give some kind of explanation of your current sort of "level" with the mod tools and what variety of downloadable assets youre already using? As I said in the post, ive had a few testers sign on who actually have no idea what they are doing - which caused a influx of PMs, wasted time i could of spent working on the template itself and me having to fix everything myself via team viewer. Id rather not repeat this experience again

Ive learned quite a lot over the last year or so on how to deal with duplicate assets was also able to fix the sound issue with one of your early weapons pack to which i posted in the topic itself on how to fix the issues (alias calling for a name but the name of the file had an extra part to it cant remember off hand what it was though simply just renamed all the files that came up as errors to what was asked for)

i would say to be completely honest Harry my weakest points are scripting still finding that to be a up hill challenge mainly because Ive spent the better part of a year learning how to use the tools inc ape

never struggled following instructions from anyone's assets to install them and get them running this would include all the packs you have given us over the last year for bo3

(only issue i ever had with the perks was the floating widows wine and with your advice was able to fix it within seconds but again it was to do with looking as scripts but still i got there )

as well as various modders guns all of Nate's scripts from his power up's to Brutus (even help test a script for him for Brutus regarding the mk3 raygun didnt pan out though we think its not his script it was a bug in black ops itself invisible zombie thing lol)

Edit i would still however go to the length's of completely uninstalling and reinstalling all of the mod tools and addition assets pack so that we would know 100% for sure if there are any issues with the base programme and your additional dlc pack as you call it lol

hey if not i do look forward to its release be it public or not as it can only improve on the maps we have at the moment

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
The flying widows was fixed

mycode for spawning it in on one of the stock maps that didn’t already have it in was running coz of a mistake

** SPOILER **

So... i hinted there but might as well actually explain

i actually left my code in the last version of the perks - for the stock map mod i made

so if you add them to a mod, and run that mod on a stock map - itll spawn the perk machines in on every stock map - including the ZC ones

It was this that caused the flying widows, one of the map specific machine spawns - had a incorrect "if" statement, so spawned on that map or "any other custom". Hence why i couldnt work out what the f^%& was up for ages lol

Anyway yea, for those interested, and who bother to read my little essays, using my perks in a mod - on stock maps and DLC maps - the additional perks will be spawned in at locations i specified

this also includes spawning the machines for formerly "fizz only" perks ( eg cherry and widows on Der Eisendrache )

They will also be in the wunderfizz machine on any maps that feature it, which ofc is the only way to get them on nacht. Didnt wanna bang a ton of perk machines in that map as its tiny asf already

The "only" map that has a issue - is Shi No Numa - as no matter what i did - my perks get caught in the random spawning perks queue, a feature specific to that map. So I believe i left them "Wunderfizz only" on that map. Until our awesome site owner DTZxPorter is kind enough to do a memory dump of the ZC map files so i can check for KVPs, i cant do much about that. I cant even look at the bo1, waw or bo2 code for that one, like has worked in the past - because they seem to have "completely" changed the way they work for that map. Others all seemed to stay the same ( eg wunderfizz, although a new script, the variable array for what perks it can give - didnt change, and i "think" the "weighting system" used to make some perks "more or less likely" i think may also match its bo2 counter part. But yea Shi No Numa, was clearly coded over from scratch, and i have exactly 0 point of reference to even "start" investigating for that one. The map file may give me the answers, it also may not as may be entirely script determined. Wont know until i can see it

# hint - feel free to beg Porter to dump the maps lol, im half tempted to start a petition lol

In regards to the testers, dont worry im not ignoring any of you, im considering the requests, and also trying to get the latest version of the template in to a solid version to avoid any confusion

And yes - reinstalling your mod tools would be a monumental help, but not completely "neccesary"

If at least "one" tester could do that tho, it would be really helpful

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Tjmoney030589
Hey Harry, I've only been using mod tools since June but... I know how to get rid of duplicate textures, fix voice files, I can fix weapon sounds, etc. etc. The only thing I am not good at (because there are no good tutorials.... that I can find lol) is writing a script. Which i'm still trying to figure out :) So just let me know if you need me too test, and if not I look forward to the release sounds awesome.

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
The flying widows was fixed mycode for spawning it in on one of the stock maps that didn’t already have it in was running coz of a mistake** SPOILER ** So... i hinted there but might as well actually explain i actually left my code in the last version of the perks - for the stock map mod i made so if you add them to a mod, and run that mod on a stock map - itll spawn the perk machines in on every stock map - including the ZC ones It was this that caused the flying widows, one of the map specific machine spawns - had a incorrect "if" statement, so spawned on that map or "any other custom". Hence why i couldnt work out what the f^%& was up for ages lol Anyway yea, for those interested, and who bother to read my little essays, using my perks in a mod - on stock maps and DLC maps - the additional perks will be spawned in at locations i specifiedthis also includes spawning the machines for formerly "fizz only" perks ( eg cherry and widows on Der Eisendrache )They will also be in the wunderfizz machine on any maps that feature it, which ofc is the only way to get them on nacht. Didnt wanna bang a ton of perk machines in that map as its tiny asf already The "only" map that has a issue - is Shi No Numa - as no matter what i did - my perks get caught in the random spawning perks queue, a feature specific to that map. So I believe i left them "Wunderfizz only" on that map. Until our awesome site owner DTZxPorter is kind enough to do a memory dump of the ZC map files so i can check for KVPs, i cant do much about that. I cant even look at the bo1, waw or bo2 code for that one, like has worked in the past - because they seem to have "completely" changed the way they work for that map. Others all seemed to stay the same ( eg wunderfizz, although a new script, the variable array for what perks it can give - didnt change, and i "think" the "weighting system" used to make some perks "more or less likely" i think may also match its bo2 counter part. But yea Shi No Numa, was clearly coded over from scratch, and i have exactly 0 point of reference to even "start" investigating for that one. The map file may give me the answers, it also may not as may be entirely script determined. Wont know until i can see it# hint - feel free to beg Porter to dump the maps lol, im half tempted to start a petition lol In regards to the testers, dont worry im not ignoring any of you, im considering the requests, and also trying to get the latest version of the template in to a solid version to avoid any confusion And yes - reinstalling your mod tools would be a monumental help, but not completely "neccesary" If at least "one" tester could do that tho, it would be really helpful

well i volunteered to do just that as ive got everything backed up on a second hard drive and downloading the tools plus the add on assets doesn't take to long with my internet connection virgin gamers subscription 200Mb down and 20Mb up :) and yes it was for gaming coz i dont download torrents on a vpn cough cough lolz

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

Harry Bo21
And yes - reinstalling your mod tools would be a monumental help, but not completely "neccesary" If at least "one" tester could do that tho, it would be really helpful

Done that atleast 5 times already/

About my "level" of mod tools, not gonna lie, I'm really bad with Radiant mapping and I only understand a little about scripting (Functions, triggers, playing sounds and fx) and I know stuff like adding custom sounds, and porting custom models with wraith (Everyone can do that lol)

I just find you a pretty cool dude, so I thought I might as well sign up, I completley understand if you need to spend your time on more experienced users, I'll just wait for release.

As I said earlier, you can contact me on discord as TrueGamerCalls#6312 but for now, stop reading and get back to work :)

-TrueGamerCalls

ModmeBot:

Reply By: NINJAMAN829
I’d be willing to test. I’ve used the modtools since the release date and have a decent experience in ape and radiant. I have a slightly unpredictable schedule though.

If if you consider me, thanks. :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy
Well Harry, i'm not asking to test, but all this, what you're doing, and judging by the features and fixes, this is impressive. Keep up the hard work :)