Modme Forums

[Maya Tool] T7 to T5 Animation Rig

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: dr. squidbot
Black Ops 3 anims for any previous CoD!

(BETA)

Now you too can have weird, out of place future weapons in your World War 2 game.

This rig will allow you to easily port animations from Black Ops 3 onto any rig from COD4 to Advanced Warfare.

The only thing included is a Maya file, it should be all you need.

NOTICE: There's sometimes an issue with the bolt and clip transforms resetting to zero. A quick fix for this is to leave the weapon's bone named as tag_weapon, import the model and move it under the main hierarchy's tag_weapon, import the animation, and then rename the joint to j_gun & move it to bo2:tag_weapon before export.

All you have to do is set up the rig like you would any other one--drag the j_gun under tag_weapon in the bo2: namespace and zero the transforms (including joint orietnation & rotation). After this, you can just import and export anims at your leisure.

When exporting animations & models from Wraith, make sure you have "Patch model and anim tags to support older games" DISABLED. Then, just manually rename "tag_weapon" in the viewmodel files to be "j_gun", easy as that.

When you're ready to export, select tag_torso and tag_cambone inside of the bo2: namespace, then click Select Hierarchy, and then you can export your xAnim!

Because of a little mistake i made and didn't catch until I finished the project, ADS anims have to be exported a little differently. Instead of selecting our joints within the bo2 namespace, we'll select them inside of the standard "Joints" group. Select "tag_view" and "tag_torso", then export. This should make your ADS anim work fine.

That should be about it! Your T7 anims should now be working on any pair of viewhands. If you are using this rig, you will have to create a new animmodel. Instead of using Select All and Select Hierarchy, just select the bo2: namespace groups & weapon groups and then select hierarchy.

IF YOU EXPORT WITH THE STANDARD JOINTS GROUP SELECTED, ASSET MANAGER WILL REJECT YOUR ANIM MODEL.

If you use this, I'd appreciate at least a mention in the credits as Dr. LilRobot! Hope you enjoy!! If you have any issues, post them below.

KNOWN ISSUES:

In very rare cases, the left hand's fingers will become contorted. This mostly happens on weapons with complicated left-hand poses, i.e. the MX Garand, and is typically not visible to the camera.

FUTURE PLANS:

Backwards Compatibility to support T5 -> T7 rig conversion

DOWNLOAD:

Requires Maya

Download

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hero115
First .

+1. win form me .

ModmeBot:

Reply By: steviewonder87
Excellent work!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies
Nice!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ProRevenge
UPDATE: Ported MR6 with official anims, can confirm this works :D BO1 Viewhands in WaW, using this rig works a treat :)

Awesome work on this! Definitely +1

ModmeBot:

Reply By: jzob
nice work +1

way easier than my method lmao gj

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ElTitoPricus
It's magic :)

Thanks

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Glad to see you worked it out Squid. Great work, this'll make everyone's life this much easier! Have a win!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZeRoY
Noice!!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dr. squidbot
glad everyone's liking the rig! added a small notice to help fix issues where the clip or bolt will occasionally have their transforms reset.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: RealCanadianPro
Porting Peacekeeper MK2, Reloading Anims (Mag is not in place when reloading)

I ported the PPSH fine but for some reason something happened :/

http://prntscr.com/c8r92v

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Fil he Modder
stupid question, but how do i get the weapon into the hands? coz i cant find the j_gun tag

ModmeBot:

Filstupid question, but how do i get the weapon into the hands? coz i cant find the j_gun tag

Weapons will have the parenting joint named as tag_weapon. As stated in the post, renaming to j_gun it fixes issues.

ModmeBot:

what if it's the combat knife which doesnt have any joints

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ray1235

Filwhat if it's the combat knife which doesnt have any joints

it does?

ModmeBot:

Filwhat if it's the combat knife which doesnt have any joints

Please remember to include a screenshot or similar visual representation to make it easier for us to see what you mean.

ModmeBot:

there, idon't know which joint to move or not http://prnt.sc/ca6hc4

http://prnt.sc/ca6hc4

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

Filthere, idon't know which joint to move or not http://prnt.sc/ca6hc4

The knives are essentially the same, lol, just move tag_weapon under tag_weapon in the BO2 joints and rename to j_gun before exporting.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hero115

Filthere, idon't know which joint to move or not http://prnt.sc/ca6hc4

drag tag_weapon to bo2:tag_weapon by holding middle mouse.

And make sure to follow this :

ModmeBot:

nevermind i got it, the knife moves and stuff, but it's quite in the hand, i just need to move it slightly but i cant move anything

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
Select the joint

Hit ctrl a

Adjust the translates