Modme Forums

T7 Animation Rig

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Azsry
[UNOFFICIAL] T7 Animation Rig

Seeing as Treyarch did not provide any animating assets with the mod tools, I decided to make this a while back. It is essentially the same animation rig setup from World at War, but configured to work with BO3 viewhands. While this is not useful for many people at the time of writing/releasing this rig, it will give everyone ample time to get some animation sets ready for the public release of the mod tools. (There are A LOT of extra animations to create in BO3).

USAGE:

Usage is nearly identical to the official animation rig that shipped with World at War/Black Ops 1. This release assumes that you already know how to use the official animation rig provided by Treyarch/IW. If you do not know how to use those, use them first as this one is inherently going to have some issues upon initial release that I will eventually get around to fixing.

<ol>

<li style="width:100%;">Import your bound gun into the rig scene.</li>

<li style="width:100%;">Make the root bone of your gun (e.g. j_gun or tag_weapon) a child bone of tag_weapon_right.</li>

<li style="width:100%;">Move the root bone of your gun to the middle of Gun_CTR.</li>

<li style="width:100%;">Use the round hand controllers to position the hands on the gun and animate as usual.</li>

</ol>

DIFFERENCES TO OFFICIAL RIG:

As the BO3 viewhands configuration is rather different from the legacy layout, some compromises had to be made to keep everything operational.

<ol>

<li style="width:100%;">j_wristtwist_le/ri on the old rig would have the same X rotation as j_wrist_le/ri, but there are now 7 wristtwist joints, so each of them is aligned to j_wrist_le/ri's rotation by a different influence decreasing from 1 to 0.</li>

<li style="width:100%;">Box controllers on the hands do not move with the circle controllers. These are not linked to the Gun_CTR and operate in conjunction with IK Gun Switch so you can control the hands separate from the gun rig for reloads and putaway/pullouts.</li>

<li style="width:100%;">There are now two cameras under tag_camera. They are designed to match 65 and 90 FOV in game with one viewport and with the Channel Box editor on the right.</li>

<li style="width:100%;">Two new sets have been added called FK_LE and FK_RI respectively. These act as a quick access to all the finger controls so users can key all finger rotations quickly.</li>

</ol>

KNOWN ISSUES:

<ol>

<li style="width:100%;">Finger curls are not yet implemented due to issues with blending the driven keyed rotations with user-applied rotations.</li>

<li style="width:100%;">Rotation axes are not locked for the finger joints. They will still work properly if rotated on the Z axis in Object mode, but will act strangely when rotating using World coordinates.</li>

</ol>

CHANGELOG:

- Fixed finger FK joint rotations
- Parented tag_torso to Torso_CTR to fix ADS animations not exporting correctly

- Public Release
- Added FK_LE and FK_RI sets
- Added separate cameras for 65 and 90 FOV

- Implemented IK Gun Switch Blending
- Reconfigured constraints for hands to work with IK Gun Switch

- Reconfigured constraints to fix small finger issues
- Corrected local rotation axes for all controlWrist joints

- Initial iteration

CREDITS:

<ul style="padding-left:40px;margin:0;">
<li style="width:100%;">DTZxPorter: Wraith</li>
<li style="width:100%;">elfenliedtopfan5: Debugging</li>
<li style="width:100%;">DLR: Debugging</li>
<li style="width:100%;">Activision | Treyarch</li>
</ul>

Download

ModmeBot:

Reply By: elfenliedtopfan5
This is incredible rig really is only issue i have is the fingers but acer did show me a way to fix that :) so all is good :)

i dont know if Acer did this or not but you have a link with a description key combinded here it is

//Link removed

if you want people to add the key manually i will remove this link

but this is amazing work and i cant wait to start porting custom models to bo3 and custom animations great work :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Azsry

elfenliedtopfan5This is incredible rig really is only issue i have is the fingers but acer did show me a way to fix that :) so all is good :)

i dont know if Acer did this or not but you have a link with a description key combinded here it is

but this is amazing work and i cant wait to start porting custom models to bo3 and custom animations great work :)

I tend to separate the link from the decryption key so that people can't just get it by leaching from other sites, but I don't know how much extra security that adds, so whatever works.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

Azsry
elfenliedtopfan5This is incredible rig really is only issue i have is the fingers but acer did show me a way to fix that :) so all is good :)

I tend to separate the link from the decryption key so that people can't just get it by leaching from other sites, but I don't know how much extra security that adds, so whatever works.

I agree with this, keep them separate so bots don't parse them. it works every time.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ray1235
Why does everyone parents the IK_Global_Hand_LE_CTR to Hand_Gun_CTR_LE (same thing for RI), it's an incorrect way to make the hands move with the gun and it's unbelievably pissing me off.

EDIT: Nvm, apparently you made their position the same as IK_Global_Hand_* which made it seem like they're parented to each other.

ModmeBot:

Ray1235Why does everyone parents the IK_Global_Hand_LE_CTR to Hand_Gun_CTR_LE (same thing for RI), it's an incorrect way to make the hands move with the gun and it's unbelievably pissing me off.

EDIT: Nvm, apparently you made their position the same as IK_Global_Hand_* which made it seem like they're parented to each other.

Mind games.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: shadowbrony33

Can someone please make a script that will auto merge the gun's namespace to root when loading an anim?? Thanks.

ModmeBot:

shadowbrony33

Can someone please make a script that will auto merge the gun's namespace to root when loading an anim??

Thanks.

If only there was some sort of in-built function to do this

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mw3.

I have a knife from Cod4 that I want to use the Bo3 combat knife anims on in Bo3, how whould I do this? Btw this rig dont allow me to import any Bo3 .seanims, it gives this error: # Error: RuntimeError: file C:/Users/----/Documents/maya/2016/scripts\SEAToolsPlugin.py line 317: setAttr: A child attribute of 'j_indexbase_ri.translate' is locked or connected and cannot be modified.

ModmeBot:

mw3.

I have a knife from Cod4 that I want to use the Bo3 combat knife anims on in Bo3, how whould I do this? Btw this rig dont allow me to import any Bo3 .seanims, it gives this error: # Error: RuntimeError: file C:/Users/----/Documents/maya/2016/scripts\SEAToolsPlugin.py line 317: setAttr: A child attribute of 'j_indexbase_ri.translate' is locked or connected and cannot be modified.

Yeah because this is for making animations not translating them......

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mw3.

DTZxPorter
mw3.

But when I try the other rigs the bo3 anims makes the hands go crazy and the combat knife doesnt even move with the hands.

Btw I have ported multiple guns and they work fine, just trying to find the rig that will work for use with bo3 anims to bo3 anims.

Do you happen to know why my weapons dont seem to do animations on the mag, bolt e.t.c.

ModmeBot:

mw3.
DTZxPorter
mw3.

But when I try the other rigs the bo3 anims makes the hands go crazy and the combat knife doesnt even move with the hands.

Btw I have ported multiple guns and they work fine, just trying to find the rig that will work for use with bo3 anims to bo3 anims.

Do you happen to know why my weapons dont seem to do animations on the mag, bolt e.t.c.

Make a new topic with a help post in animations and I or someone else will help you with the issue. Don't clutter this thread. (It's unrelated to the rigs, it's maya)