Modme Forums

The Improved Conversion Rig for Black Ops 3 (TX-T7)

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Collie:

Thread By: Collie

This version of the improved conversion rig is now obsolete. Please visit this link to view the new rig.

Hi all. I'm excited to present to you the Improved Conversion Rig for porting guns to Black Ops 3! Using Azsry's TX-T7 as reference, I created a new Conversion Rig from the ground up. The animations generated with this conversion rig now mach the original finger/hand positions much better, and the rig has support for wrist twisting animations like the ones from WaW (Thanks to Azsry for that, took that fix from the T7 Rig he made). Let's see some comparison pictures:

More comparison pictures here. Instructions on use are the same as Azsry's Conversion Rig here, but I have created a maya Shelf to streamline the process. It's included with the conversion rig. To set up the shelf, move the contents of "maya shelf" to your maya prefs folder (\Documents\maya\2016\prefs), open "shelf_BO3_Shortcuts.mel" with a text editor and replace every instance of "C:/Users/You/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/icons/movegun.png" (or similar) with a correct path link to the file. (Example being "C:/Users/Collie/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/icons/movegun.png")

• After you've bound your gun and opened the conversion rig, drag the gun onto the scene and click on the first button, "Move Gun" (Icon with "Gun" on it). This will automatically parent the gun to the rig's right hand and zero out the transformations. It also has support for two weapons (If you're animating for duel wield), just drag the right weapon first, then the left and then click the button.

• Now click the next button, "Rename Rig" (Icon with "T7" on it). This will rename everything in t7:Joints with the suffix "_t7"; This is necessary for imported animations to work properly. If it doesn't work the first time, or it gives you an error, simply click the button again. Save the rig to a different file for faster animation exporting, and import your weapon animation into the scene.

• Next, click the button "Rename _T7" (Icon with "T7" crossed out). This will remove the suffix "_t7", which is necessary for the animation to export properly. If it doesn't work properly the first time, just click the button again.

• Finally, click either the "Prepare for Export" (Icon with an arrow) button or the "Prepare for Export (ADS Up & Down)" (Icon with an arrow and the letters "ADS") depending on if you're exporting an ADS up & down animation or not (The button automatically renames j_gun and selects the proper objects needed for export). Then export the animation using the COD maya tools here, and you're done one animation! Reload the rig you saved and continue the process from bullet 3 for every animation you need to port.

• OPTIONAL: Click the "Prepare for Export (Anim Model)" (Icon with an arrow and the word "Anim") button when there is no animation in the scene and no _t7 suffixes present to select the necessary items to export an animation model. Click it once to rename "j_gun" to "tag_weapon", then click on the root of your weapon's mesh, click "Hierarchy" located under "Select", and click "Prepare for Export (Anim Model)" once more. Then export the model using the COD tools. If you need to, use the button "Rename to j_gun" (Last button) to set the name back from "tag_weapon" to "j_gun".

You can also see what the animation would look like in first person. To do so, click the "panels" tab right above the scene, mouse-over "Perspective" and click one of the options. 65 and 90 are referring to approximate FOV. Download the Improved Conversion Rig here (1.01):DownloadCredit to Azsry since I couldn't have made this without his conversion and T7 rig, and to DTZxPorter for Wraith so I could get the viewarms. If you use it, be sure to credit Collie, Aszry, and DTZxPorter! If I'm forgetting anything, or there's a problem with either the rig. the shelf, or even the post itself, don't hesitate to let me know.

***UPDATES***
12/15/2016 2:30 PM Central Zone Time
V. 1.01
-Updated some joint positioning -Adjusted First_person_WaW camera

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
Nice work, and welcome to Modme

Collie:

Reply By: Collie
Thanks Porter! I'm happy to be contributing to the community now instead of just leeching from the shadows.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DorDur215
Dude this rig is nothing short of awesome! Thank you VERY much for making it!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Erthrock

this rig is useful, but please tell me how to unhide the god damn bones, because im honestly pissed that you hid them

ModmeBot:

Reply By: FinalKill9175

Hey, with this and other rigs I seem to get an issue that there are more than 128 bones when I go to export my weapons animations. I am currently trying to port the blundergat from bo2, and I was able to do it for world at war months ago. My only assumption is that the WaW viewhands have less bones.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

the bone limit in bo3 is more than double what it was in waw

youve made a mistake, recheck your work ( most likely the weapon model )

Collie:

Erthrock

this rig is useful, but please tell me how to unhide the god damn bones, because im honestly pissed that you hid them

All you have to do is click the show/hide channel box button located in the top right of the window, and from there click on the first tickbox for T7_RigJoints.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SpSSdy

Any tutorials on how to port a World At War weapon? I'm having some confusion surrounding the matter, such as, I can't find ANY xmodel's with Wraith so I can't port any guns.

Collie:

SpSSdy

Any tutorials on how to port a World At War weapon? I'm having some confusion surrounding the matter, such as, I can't find ANY xmodel's with Wraith so I can't port any guns.

You can't use Wraith. Get Tom's Xmodel exporter, and download the offical WaW modding tools. That's the only way AFAIK.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

Wraith will support them in a future release, follow collies response for now.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZeRoY

Thanks!