Modme Forums

[Drag & Drop] BO2 Style Death Animation

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

FrostIceforge:

Thread By: Frost Iceforge
SPECIAL THANKS TO KINGSLAYER KYLE!
I edited his code for giving each player a new starting weapon and used my own port of the Black Ops II death hands animation to add the death animation to Black Ops III!

Kingslayer Kyle's profile
Code source (which I have edited myself)
Version 1.1:
Download

GDT ONLY for people who downloaded old version first:
Download
There was a typo in APE. The above update fixes it.

Tutorial:

ModmeBot:

Reply By: snprym

Looks really good! Thanks man

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5

very nice job on this, just one thing you might want to fix for people. for the idle hands anim you either forgot a model in the download, or your GDT is just set wrong in the download it was set to a model that does not exist so idle hands did not work. i set it to the model the other anim was using & it works fine just a heads up, it caused a glitchy mess for idle anim without fixing it

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Kingslayer Kyle

Very creative, nice work and glad you made use of it :)

FrostIceforge:

Reply By: Frost Iceforge

tbone-5

very nice job on this, just one thing you might want to fix for people. for the idle hands anim you either forgot a model in the download, or your GDT is just set wrong in the download it was set to a model that does not exist so idle hands did not work. i set it to the model the other anim was using & it works fine just a heads up, it caused a glitchy mess for idle anim without fixing it

Thanks for telling me! I triple checked to make sure the anims and models were linked to the right folders, and I apparently missed one!

What happened was, the idle anim was linked to a file in the model_export/custom/random_models folder, which is my own dump for stuff I haven't finalized yet. I made a new folder called model_export/custom/bo2 deathhands for this, and sent that version of the model, but forgot to update APE before sending this out.

I will update it immediately!

FrostIceforge:

The new GDT is now up as a seperate download and the main download now includes new file.

New GDT:

Download

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

MEI IS BAE

FrostIceforge:

Abnormal202

MEI IS BAE

MEI IS BAE

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZeRoY

Great idea this, BO3 death sucks! Ill use in my next map for sure, good work guys!

FrostIceforge:

ZeRoY

Great idea this, BO3 death sucks! Ill use in my next map for sure, good work guys!

Thank you! I feel the same way.

When Treyarch made a video about zombies easter eggs a little while back, they talked about how originally, the end goal of zombies was to die. They showed scenes of the player dying with this animation in Mob Origins and Die Rise, but didn't show any deaths in BO3 maps.

You could tell Treyarch really liked this animation cinematically, so why did they remove it? I was genuinely pissed when I bought Black Ops III at launch, played a game of Shadows, died, and didn't see this aniamtion.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5

Frost
tbone-5

Thanks for telling me! I triple checked to make sure the anims and models were linked to the right folders, and I apparently missed one!

What happened was, the idle anim was linked to a file in the model_export/custom/random_models folder, which is my own dump for stuff I haven't finalized yet. I made a new folder called model_export/custom/bo2 deathhands for this, and sent that version of the model, but forgot to update APE before sending this out.

no problem, was letting you so you could fix that small issue fast. i always try to report any bugs as fast as i can to help out

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZeRoY

Note that I would stay away from using spaces in the folder names, can lead to problems down the line, I personally always use a _

FrostIceforge:

tbone-5
Frost
tbone-5

no problem, was letting you so you could fix that small issue fast. i always try to report any bugs as fast as i can to help out

Not all heroes wear capes!

:)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: M5_Prodigy
i remember when this was done in the form of a weapon and i wanted to help real bad. wish i had that cruel world weapon as a troll for my map.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: BuIlDaLiBlE
The animation is playing two times faster than it originally did, I saw this in almost all WaW maps where this was implemented. I then did the same thing myself:

Could you maybe slow it down?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: NinjaModder173
I agree

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

BuIlDaLiBlE
The animation is playing two times faster than it originally did, I saw this in almost all WaW maps where this was implemented. I then did the same thing myself: [Spoilers] Show / Hide Could you maybe slow it down?

Easy fix! In APE find "bo2_deathhands" and find these.

Adjust the numbers to your liking.