Modme Forums

Matarra’s Winters Howl

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Matarra
Hey guys here is my first weapon port, the Winter's Howl!

Screenshots

Video:

First release on this website so lmk if i fucked something up.

Download
Credits:
DTZxPorter
NoobForLunch - Help with models and anims, and ripping sounds
Matarra

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZoekMeMaar

Matarra
Hey guys here is my first weapon port, the Winter's Howl! Screenshots [Spoilers] Show / Hide Video: First release on this website so lmk if i fucked something up. Credits: DTZxPorter NoobForLunch - Help with models and anims, and ripping sounds Matarra

Cool bruh thanks for releasing!!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy
um sorry to be picky but think the instructions could actually be better, as in telling people where to copy and past the codes. i did it but i think if you do this it'd be easier for other people to understand

ModmeBot:

Reply By: iBounce
Good work!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scorpiolo
Anyone else got the issue of it appearing untextured in game, and having no sound whilst aiming down sight

ModmeBot:

Reply By: master935
There is a bug with the weapon model/texture, but the sounds and scripts are looking fine. Here is the log:

^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body was not found in gdtDB
material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body
xmodel:vm_freeze_gun
weapon:freeze_gun_zm
weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm
csv:zone_source/zm_test.zone

^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body) but there is no techset for surface 0

^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo was not found in gdtDB
material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo

^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo) but there is no techset for surface 1

^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit was not found in gdtDB
material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit

^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit) but there is no techset for surface 2

^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic was not found in gdtDB
material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic

^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic) but there is no techset for surface 3

^3Found 45 bad bulletmeshes, dumped to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/usermaps\zm_test/zone_source/all/assetinfo/zm_test_bulletreport.csv file.

ModmeBot:

Yeah you forgot to add the materials to the viewmodel

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
Again - should be using

weapon,weaponname

not

weaponfull,weaponname

weapon full is for guns that have base weapons as well as multiple variants ( eg the bo3 guns only pretty much )

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Pacito2
Very good job, thank you !

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Pacito2
For what I don't have texture of the weapon in game ?
Help me please

ModmeBot:

Reply By: FiveSeven
Thanks man ! Looks nice. I love this weapon. Can't wait to try it out

ModmeBot:

Reply By: sheepcraft
hello love the port by you need to add the texture_assets foulder to the download so we can have the textured version not just a white version :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Baatzn
Keeps Crashing My Map

ModmeBot:

Baatzn
Keeps Crashing My Map

If i were you i wouldnt use this, he didnt include the texture_assets folder

ModmeBot:

Reply By: gamesniper99
Can someone please make a more detailed tutorial. His is vague and confusing.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Frost Iceforge
Guys, Just so you know, he DID include textures in the pack, but the materials in APE point to the wrong file name. You have to manually redirect them to model_export\_Matarra_Custom\custom_weapon\wintershowl\images

ModmeBot:

Reply By: modric
awful instructions, didnt provide right textures and doesnt give weapon csv example

ModmeBot:

Reply By: huevosduros

gamesniper99
Can someone please make a more detailed tutorial. His is vague and confusing.

like 80%of tuts but no one does anything for change this. The funnyest is when u make all right and see there are parts of weapons doesnt load.... and get custom textures.

ModmeBot:

which materials are supposed to go where? I went into APE to replace the missing ones but couldnt figure it out.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
the only not great weapon port around here is this one, if you guys think its 80% of the weapons on here that are the issue - youre clearly doing something wrong

some one list exactly what is wrong with this port and i will look at it

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
the only not great weapon port around here is this one, if you guys think its 80% of the weapons on here that are the issue - youre clearly doing something wrong some one list exactly what is wrong with this port and i will look at it

nope i dont mean are wrong 80% of weapons i meaned tutorials are vague and confusing so many times.

ModmeBot:

All the weapons ive gotten off modme are fine. this one works it just doesnt have textures. someone on here said he provided the textures but didnt reference them properly in APE. Here are the missing materials

^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body was not found in gdtDB

material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body
          csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone
^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body) but there is no techset for surface 0
^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo was not found in gdtDB
  material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo
^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo) but there is no techset for surface 1
^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit was not found in gdtDB
  material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit
^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit) but there is no techset for surface 2
^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic was not found in gdtDB
  material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic
^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic) but there is no techset for surface 3

ModmeBot:

modric
All the weapons ive gotten off modme are fine. this one works it just doesnt have textures. someone on here said he provided the textures but didnt reference them properly in APE. Here are the missing materials ^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body was not found in gdtDB material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone ^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body) but there is no techset for surface 0 xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone ^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo was not found in gdtDB material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone ^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo) but there is no techset for surface 1 xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone ^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit was not found in gdtDB material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone ^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_ammo_unlit) but there is no techset for surface 2 xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone ^1ERROR: Material mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic was not found in gdtDB material:mc/mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone ^1The model (vm_freeze_gun) uses material (mc_mtl_zombie_freeze_gun_body_plastic) but there is no techset for surface 3 xmodel:vm_freeze_gun weapon:freeze_gun_zm weaponfull:freeze_gun_zm csv:zone_source/zm_testing2.zone

thats right!