Snail’s Pace Slurpee [Custom Perk]

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Abnormal202:

Thread By: Abnormal202
<h2>ABNORMAL202'S SNAIL'S PACE SLURPEE (v2.2.4) [A BO3 Custom Perk]</h2>

<h3>Pictures</h3>

<h3>Videos</h3>

<h3>What Is Snail's Pace Slurpee?</h3>

Snail's Pace Slurpee will slow down any zombie's movement by 38% (adjusted for v1.1) when it enters within a radius of a player who has it. When the zombie reaches another smaller, inner radius, or if it gets too far away from the player, it is sped back up.

Sounds complicated? Basically it just slows zombies when they get too close, but won't slow them down when they start hitting you. This gives players extra time before zombies can hit them, and can really save the player in some sticky situations, but not all.

Snail's Pace Slurpee comes with a re-textured speed-cola machine model (Though an actual original model is in the works right now!), as well as it's own shader, bottle, FX, Vulture Aid Waypoint, and even perk jingle.

<h3>How Do I Install It In My Map?</h3>

The download includes instructions for installation within the instructions.txt file.

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE HARRYBO21'S PERKS (v2.1 or higher) INSTALLED FIRST!!!

<h3>Shaders</h3>

Lethal Peelz and Erthrock have both made shader sets that include Snail's Pace. If you are interested in trying out some new shaders for Snail's Pace I recommend checking them out.

Lethal Peelz Shaders: http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1838

Erthrock Shaders: http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=2296

In order to change the shader, you'll have to edit the customperkicons.lua (located in Root/usermaps/yourmapname/ui/uieditor/widgets/hud/zm_perks). You must change this line:

snails_pace 						= "i_snails_pace_shader"

so it is set equal to whatever IMAGE (not material anymore) asset you want to be the shader.

<h3>NOTES</h3>

If you happen to make custom perks too, Snail's pace uses the specialty: "specialty_gpsjammer", so I recommend not using that, if you want it to be compatible with Snail's Pace.

A new model for Snail's Pace is currently in the works, so it can have an original model instead of just retextured Speed Cola

You can change many of the settings of Snail's Pace within the _zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee.gsh including a new feature that slows down zombies exceptionally when a player with Snail's Pace goes down.

Maps that I made (you betcha they got Snail's Pace in 'em): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1220856535

THERE IS SUCH A THING AS THE SNAIL'S PACE SLURPEE MOD! It adds Snail's Pace to Treyarch maps and has the capability to add it to other custom maps too! check it out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1242962197

<h3>Credits</h3>

PLEASE CREDIT THESE PEOPLE IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY!

-Abnormal202
-NSZ
-Harrybo21
-Frost Iceforge

<h3>Download</h3>

Read everything? Or just scroll down to get to the download? Well fine, here it is.

V(2.2.4) WITH HARRY'S PERKS (RECOMMENDED)

Download

V(2.2.5) WITHOUT HARRY'S PERKS

Download

If you are really in love with Snail's Pace. Like really.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: WARDOGSK93
Nice perk and release, happy to see people actually using my 'Addon' system for what its meant to be used for :D

But yeah about my 'Addon' System that won't be returning to ModMe, it has been replaced with my new 'Compat' System, pretty exactly the same thing but rescripted and no longer needs edits to MAPNAME::main, now to include it you just add a 2 lines of code to MAPNAME

I would recommend updating to my latest version, if you do update please not that none of my old addons will work with this system as of now, Click here

If you want to know how to set up and use this system, Click here

Also when you release anything that uses my core scripts (or anything for that matter), could you release them without my scripts in your download and tell people to goto my forum post and install from there, I know when you made this my Core Scripts were down but could you do this in the future, thanks :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy
Thank you! Ive been waiting so long for people to make custom perks and release them! +1 win for you good sir! :)

Abnormal202:

Reply By: Abnormal202

WARDOGSK93
Nice perk and release, happy to see people actually using my 'Addon' system for what its meant to be used for :DBut yeah about my 'Addon' System that won't be returning to ModMe, it has been replaced with my new 'Compat' System, pretty exactly the same thing but rescripted and no longer needs edits to MAPNAME::main, now to include it you just add a 2 lines of code to MAPNAME I would recommend updating to my latest version, if you do update please not that none of my old addons will work with this system as of now, Click here If you want to know how to set up and use this system, Click here Also when you release anything that uses my core scripts (or anything for that matter), could you release them without my scripts in your download and tell people to goto my forum post and install from there, I know when you made this my Core Scripts were down but could you do this in the future, thanks :D

Yeah man, I was going to link to your page but it was down and I didn't really know what to do. I didn't include any of your files for the extra perks btw, just the core scripts. I still told everyone to credit you, so hopefully they will listen...

ModmeBot:

Reply By: easyskanka
One thing you left out in the instructions, you need to add this line to your mapname CSC as well as the GSC to get this to work,

#using scripts\zm\_zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee; 

If you dont you will end up getting a client mismatch error and you wont be able to load your map, apart from that it works brilliant in game - good job sir!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: FiveSeven
What a cool perk idea. Thanks for sharing man, this is amazing. Can't wait to see what else you come out with in the future.

Abnormal202:

easyskanka
One thing you left out in the instructions, you need to add this line to your mapname CSC as well as the GSC to get this to work, #using scripts\zm\_zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee; If you dont you will end up getting a client mismatch error and you wont be able to load your map, apart from that it works brilliant in game - good job sir!

Thanks for pointing that out, It's always difficult to find every file you added a line of code in. I don't think that's big enough to re-upload the download, but I will mention that in the post.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Mindmirror
Hey, awesome job man! Gonna use it in my next map and give you credit! ;)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: XxRaPiDK3LLERxX
Nice job, although you should edit the max distance and the volume :P
Hope to see more perks like this for my upcoming Bar map!

Abnormal202:

Snail's Pace Slurpee has been Nerfed! Would recommend you get the 1.1 version if you already have it.

Also I made a Youtube Video of the jingle if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0zLNjNAI1w

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scorpiolo

Abnormal202
Snail's Pace Slurpee has been Nerfed! Would recommend you get the 1.1 version if you already have it. Also I made a Youtube Video of the jingle if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=f0zLNjNAI1w

that is the edit link we could view it

]here's the viewable link:

ModmeBot:

Hey abnormal i dont use wardogs addons anymore i have harrybo21's perks is there anyway you can make it where you don't need wardogs addons for this perk?

Abnormal202:

itznvy
Hey abnormal i dont use wardogs addons anymore i have harrybo21's perks is there anyway you can make it where you don't need wardogs addons for this perk?

I will look into making it compatible with Harry's perks. I've been meaning to for awhile. The only reason Snail's Pace can't stand alone is because of the different way they do shaders.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
itznvy Hey abnormal i dont use wardogs addons anymore i have harrybo21's perks is there anyway you can make it where you don't need wardogs addons for this perk? I will look into making it compatible with Harry's perks. I've been meaning to for awhile. The only reason Snail's Pace can't stand alone is because of the different way they do shaders.

Okay thank you!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Mindmirror
There is a bug w/ your Perk: You can buy it as often as you want, even if you got it already.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: huevosduros
Thnks works perfect, but how put a limit? you can get infinite times if u have money.

ModmeBot:

huevosduros
Thnks works perfect, but how put a limit? you can get infinite times if u have money.

fix?

ModmeBot:

huevosduros
huevosduros Thnks works perfect, but how put a limit? you can get infinite times if u have money. fix?

HELLO?INACTIVE?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Akrime
PLEASE make a tutorial about making a custom perk

ModmeBot:

Akrime
PLEASE make a tutorial about making a custom perk

It's not really as simple as that, you kinda need to really learn to script in gsc

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Akrime

Scorpiolo
Akrime PLEASE make a tutorial about making a custom perk It's not really as simple as that, you kinda need to really learn to script in gsc

I know. I meant it like, how to correctly bind the script with the model etc.

ModmeBot:

<hr>Akrime
Scorpiolo Akrime PLEASE make a tutorial about making a custom perk It's not really as simple as that, you kinda need to really learn to script in gsc I know. I meant it like, how to correctly bind the script with the model etc.

This was the guide he used:
https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,14197.0.html

Abnormal202:

huevosduros
huevosduros huevosduros Thnks works perfect, but how put a limit? you can get infinite times if u have money. fix? HELLO?INACTIVE?

Hey, sorry I was on vacation the last week. I did know about that glitch but I thought I had fixed it... I'll have to look at it again. It's not a particularly game breaking glitch though, cause you'd have to choose to buy another copy of the perk, and the effects don't stack at all so it would only be a waste of money and a perk slot.

As for how to make your own custom perk, I'd love to give a tutorial on it but pretty much all I know came from this tutorial and I don't want to steal what they did. It is kind of a shame to have one on Modme though. If you need any help following that tutorial you can ask me questions here or on Discord.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
huevosduros huevosduros huevosduros Thnks works perfect, but how put a limit? you can get infinite times if u have money. fix? HELLO?INACTIVE? Hey, sorry I was on vacation the last week. I did know about that glitch but I thought I had fixed it... I'll have to look at it again. It's not a particularly game breaking glitch though, cause you'd have to choose to buy another copy of the perk, and the effects don't stack at all so it would only be a waste of money and a perk slot. As for how to make your own custom perk, I'd love to give a tutorial on it but pretty much all I know came from this tutorial and I don't want to steal what they did. It is kind of a shame to have one on Modme though. If you need any help following that tutorial you can ask me questions here or on Discord.

when u buy a 2 of this perk, u are losing 1 perk slot so its trouble yes.

Abnormal202:

UPDATE: I fixed the problem with being able to buy more than one copy of the perk, and updated the link.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
UPDATE: I fixed the problem with being able to buy more than one copy of the perk, and updated the link.

good job

ModmeBot:

Lethal Peelz just made a new pack of shaders, that also features the snail's pace shader:

http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1838&page=1#lastpost

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
If i use this perk, I can't set flags via script

level flag::set("enter_xxx_zone");

the line just doesn't doesn't do anything

Abnormal202:

mathfag
If i use this perk, I can't set flags via script level flag::set("enter_xxx_zone"); the line just doesn't doesn't do anything

that's really weird. Chances are that doesn't have to do with the perk.

Did you initialize the flag first using:
level flag::init("enter_xxx_zone");
?

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
mathfag If i use this perk, I can't set flags via script level flag::set("enter_xxx_zone"); the line just doesn't doesn't do anything that's really weird. Chances are that doesn't have to do with the perk. Did you initialize the flag first using: level flag::init("enter_xxx_zone"); ?

I'm 100% it's your perk (it doesn't make sense to me either) because i tried adding and removing it multiple times and if it was installed then flags didn't work (kept dieing after teleporting).

Abnormal202:

The Perk script contains no flags whatsoever.

Abnormal202:

v1.3 UPDATE:

I have made big changes to the instructions and installation. Snail's Pace now works with HarryBo21's Perks instead of WARDOGS.

I have also made little changes such as:

• different Fx/lighting

• much quieter jingle and sting

Make sure to let me know if the download and installation works correctly, I want to make sure I included everything necessary.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: XxRaPiDK3LLERxX

Abnormal202
v1.3 UPDATE: I have made big changes to the instructions and installation. Snail's Pace now works with HarryBo21's Perks instead of WARDOGS. I have also made little changes such as: different Fx/lighting much quieter jingle and sting Make sure to let me know if the download and installation works correctly, I want to make sure I included everything necessary.

Nice work, as always!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

Abnormal202
v1.3 UPDATE: I have made big changes to the instructions and installation. Snail's Pace now works with HarryBo21's Perks instead of WARDOGS. I have also made little changes such as: different Fx/lighting much quieter jingle and sting Make sure to let me know if the download and installation works correctly, I want to make sure I included everything necessary.

just to clarify for people

its not really "my" system, its treyarchs, i just set the light fx back up to work and cleaned their script mess up a little. When he states that this perk now works with it, he now means its set up the same way as the stock perks - therefore will work with things like perkaholic and stuff as expected - no offset shaders or any of that business

Oh well that of note too i suppose, my copy of the perks - use my utility to show the perk icons - rather than the default one, as its limited to only 11 of the original perks

:)

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
Abnormal202 v1.3 UPDATE: I have made big changes to the instructions and installation. Snail's Pace now works with HarryBo21's Perks instead of WARDOGS. I have also made little changes such as: different Fx/lighting much quieter jingle and sting Make sure to let me know if the download and installation works correctly, I want to make sure I included everything necessary. just to clarify for people its not really "my" system, its treyarchs, i just set the light fx back up to work and cleaned their script mess up a little. When he states that this perk now works with it, he now means its set up the same way as the stock perks - therefore will work with things like perkaholic and stuff as expected - no offset shaders or any of that business Oh well that of note too i suppose, my copy of the perks - use my utility to show the perk icons - rather than the default one, as its limited to only 11 of the original perks :)

yeah really the only thing necessary in the HarryBo21 perks is the zm_perk_utility.gsc, because snail's pace uses that for its shaders. But I didn't want to include anything someone else made in my download.

Abnormal202:

ATTENTION!

I have updated Snail's Pace Slurpee to work with Harry's new perk system that uses LUA.

You'll need to use this new version if you want the snail's pace shader to display with the rest of Harry's new perks.

It also contains a new feature which you can edit in the .gsh that activates when a player with snail's pace goes down.

Let me know if I'm missing anything in the download.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TCM
The prefabs folder is empty..

ModmeBot:

It also doesn't seem to show up in the random perk machine by him.

Abnormal202:

TCM
The prefabs folder is empty..

oops! here I'll fix that...

TCM
It also doesn't seem to show up in the random perk machine by him.

I'm sorry I'm not entirely sure what you mean. When you say "him" do you mean Harrybo21? And when you say random perk machine are you referring to wunderfizz or something different?

ModmeBot:

Yes, Sorry I was not clear lol I am not entirely good at explaining, I am meaning the wunderfizz yes as the perk machine did not work because it was not there I tried that and it never showed up in the wunderfizz machine.

ModmeBot:

Just let me know when its fixed please so I can try it out it seems cool.

Abnormal202:

TCM
Yes, Sorry I was not clear lol I am not entirely good at explaining, I am meaning the wunderfizz yes as the perk machine did not work because it was not there I tried that and it never showed up in the wunderfizz machine.

yeah I started looking into it and it appears Harry has built-in functioning to add custom perks automatically to the Wunderfizz. And yet it doesn't seem to be working... I've tried some stuff and haven't got it to work so far. I'll look into it some more. Normally I'd contact Harry but he's kinda "off the modding community grid" as of right now.

Everything else should work as far as the perk. Please let me know if something else isn't working right or I forgot to include something in the download, but as far as my testing I believe everything's good.

ModmeBot:

its a normal standard old array... that you add perks specialty names to... which i did "not" create, it was already there... which is also identical the way it was in bo2s scripts - which you also have... which is also covered on the wiki

theres nothing special about my function, and one already exists in the fizz script, and as i just said, you merely need to add to the existing array...

function include_perk_in_random_rotation( perk )
{
	if ( !IsDefined( level._random_perk_machine_perk_list ) )
	{
		level._random_perk_machine_perk_list = [];
	}

ARRAY_ADD( level._random_perk_machine_perk_list, perk );
}

^ directly from treyarchs script, which you obviously didnt read

^ From the wiki - which you obviously didnt read

function add_perk_to_wunderfizz( perk )
{
	if ( !isDefined( level._random_perk_machine_perk_list ) )
		level._random_perk_machine_perk_list = [];

if ( isDefined( level._random_perk_machine_perk_list ) &amp;&amp; level._random_perk_machine_perk_list.size &gt; 0 )
	{
		for ( i = 0; i &lt; level._random_perk_machine_perk_list.size; i++ )
		{
			if ( level._random_perk_machine_perk_list[ i ] === perk )
				return;

}
	}

level._random_perk_machine_perk_list[ level._random_perk_machine_perk_list.size ] = perk;
}

^ my function - only difference is mine prevents a perk being added "more than once" which again you obviously didnt read...

if youd actually looked into it you would have worked this out :

level._random_perk_machine_perk_list[ level._random_perk_machine_perk_list.size ] = "specialty_whatever";

Also people i didnt make a perk "system" i just added to treyarchs and cleaned the code on the existing 8 ( 9 for cherry ) perks

I didnt make the lua stuff either, porter patched it to allow more, all i did was make the array for it easier to get to - so this isnt to "make it work with harrys" its to "make it work with the stock perk setup by treyarch which harry also uses"

...and i didnt make the wunderfizz, its in your mod tools. My modification just reenables code treyarch commented out, adds a couple of the missing fx and missing sounds

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
"obviously didnt read","obviously didnt read","obviously didnt read"...

Stop assuming I "obviously didn't read" that stuff. Yes I had just done a bit of a glance through and wanted to respond to his post so I haven't done the most thorough search through but still I literally found everything you talked about in it. I found the
level._random_perk_machine_perk_list

array and I found the
add_perk_to_wunderfizz( perk )

function.

I know you've been conditioned to expect the worst when it comes to me or most modders, but c'mon. Can we please lower the "condescending" levels a bit?

EDIT: I actually found out I had done all the code right, but I got something mixed up in Sublime and was editing a snail's pace .gsc that was different from the one I was testing.

so yeah, I've updated the link and it should work now.

ModmeBot:

i "assumed" nothing, ive explained this entire thing to you on several occasions only to stumble back here to see you still hadnt managed it

and i "know" you hadnt read the treyarch script or you wouldnt have been referencing how it depended on a function "I" made - ( i told you before, i wrote that "before" we were given the proper script in the update, and only kept it as mine prevents duplicates in the queue )

I havent been "conditioned" to anything, i "expect" it from someone who has asked me the same questions over and over

ModmeBot:

I didn't mean to cause all of the fuss, I apologize, did you ever add the prefab to it?

ModmeBot:

Guess that answered it for myself as the prefab still isn't in the download.

ModmeBot:

TCM
Guess that answered it for myself as the prefab still isn't in the download.

hes fucked it up anyway

local array =
	{
		quick_revive 						= "i_t7_specialty_quickrevive",
		doubletap2 							= "i_t7_specialty_doubletap2",
		juggernaut 							= "i_t7_specialty_armorvest",
		sleight_of_hand 					= "i_t7_specialty_fastreload",
		dead_shot 							= "i_t7_specialty_deadshot",
		phdflopper 							= "i_t7_specialty_phdflopper",
		marathon 							= "i_t7_specialty_staminup",
		additional_primary_weapon 			= "i_t7_specialty_additionalprimaryweapon",
		tombstone 							= "i_t7_specialty_tombstone",
		whoswho 							= "i_t7_specialty_whoswho",
		electric_cherry 					= "i_t7_specialty_electriccherry",
        vultureaid 							= "i_t7_specialty_vultureaid",
		widows_wine 						= "i_t7_specialty_widowswine"
		snails_pace 						= "i_snails_pace_shader"
	}

missing ","

also over half the download is duplicate models or textures when you could have just used the original speed cola ones as they are no different, and in the models case - material override

and theres also a complete duplicate of the textures as theres a rar inside a rar

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
TCM Guess that answered it for myself as the prefab still isn't in the download. hes fucked it up anyway local array = { quick_revive = "i_t7_specialty_quickrevive", doubletap2 = "i_t7_specialty_doubletap2", juggernaut = "i_t7_specialty_armorvest", sleight_of_hand = "i_t7_specialty_fastreload", dead_shot = "i_t7_specialty_deadshot", phdflopper = "i_t7_specialty_phdflopper", marathon = "i_t7_specialty_staminup", additional_primary_weapon = "i_t7_specialty_additionalprimaryweapon", tombstone = "i_t7_specialty_tombstone", whoswho = "i_t7_specialty_whoswho", electric_cherry = "i_t7_specialty_electriccherry", vultureaid = "i_t7_specialty_vultureaid", widows_wine = "i_t7_specialty_widowswine" snails_pace = "i_snails_pace_shader" } missing "," also over half the download is duplicate models or textures when you could have just used the original speed cola ones as they are no different, and in the models case - material override and theres also a complete duplicate of the textures as theres a rar inside a rar

I would like to just get it to work inside of the wunderfizz since I don't have perk machines and I just need to get it working on that.

Abnormal202:

oops yeah I had fixed those things in updates but I'd made the mistake of assuming Mega.nz would update it without changing the link since I clicked "replace" in the upload. So I've updated the link so hopefully you have the updated link.

Harry Bo21
also over half the download is duplicate models or textures when you could have just used the original speed cola ones as they are no different, and in the models case - material override and theres also a complete duplicate of the textures as theres a rar inside a rar

also yeah I need to clean that up, I realize I've just been dragging that dumb texture assets folder over & over and it's got a lot of redundancies. And while I was anticipating the new model, I suppose I don't need another copy of the speed cola model since it's not changed at all.

ModmeBot:

should also fix the at least 10 different developer mode errors too

first example - zombie gets slowed - zombie is then killed during the 3 second cooldown

"unable to set entity moverate on undefined"

coz you didnt kill the thread, and when the zombie died, he becomes "undefined" - and you dont kill the thread if they walk to the "inner circle" either meaning your double setting the same moverate

another is your "explode" function on players that straight up "died" like fell off a building and get kicked straight to spectator. Coz your not using the "on last stand callback" - or checking if the player is still alive but downed - your just using "when perk is lost" ( which also means if people use the power that can be turned off, or any other reason a/all perks could be lost ( like astroman on moon ) - they are going to explode )

This entire thing would also conflict with widows wine, and the paralyser - or infact any examples of anything else adjusting asm moverate ( example, zombie walks close, gets slowed by this, zombie hits you, another zombie hits you, your widows explodes, this first zombie gets webbed, but whenever your cooldown finishes - prob like a second later - that "webbed zombie" is just suddenly gonna take off at full speed despite still being "webbed by widows" - nullifying BOTH perks and creating a potential unexpected and lethal event )

any indication this perk has done anything at all would be good too, like a sound, an fx, anything. As people who only play, therefore havent seen this post - will have absolutely no idea what this perk is doing, they will just be wondering why sometimes zombies seem to randomly be going all slow sometimes

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
oops yeah I had fixed those things in updates but I'd made the mistake of assuming Mega.nz would update it without changing the link since I clicked "replace" in the upload. So I've updated the link so hopefully you have the updated link. Harry Bo21 also over half the download is duplicate models or textures when you could have just used the original speed cola ones as they are no different, and in the models case - material override and theres also a complete duplicate of the textures as theres a rar inside a rar also yeah I need to clean that up, I realize I've just been dragging that dumb texture assets folder over & over and it's got a lot of redundancies. And while I was anticipating the new model, I suppose I don't need another copy of the speed cola model since it's not changed at all.

Says power must be turned on when it already has been

ModmeBot:

you havent added it to your mapname gsc / csc

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
you havent added it to your mapname gsc / csc

If you was replying to me I have this added to both

#using scripts\zm\_zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee;

ModmeBot:

does it actually look like the right machine, or just like speed cola ( exactly - like speed cola i mean )

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
does it actually look like the right machine, or just like speed cola ( exactly - like speed cola i mean )

The machine is right, It just keeps saying power needs turned on.. All other perks work fine.

ModmeBot:

i thought you were not using the machine anyway

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
should also fix the at least 10 different developer mode errors too first example - zombie gets slowed - zombie is then killed during the 3 second cooldown "unable to set entity moverate on undefined" coz you didnt kill the thread, and when the zombie died, he becomes "undefined" - and you dont kill the thread if they walk to the "inner circle" either meaning your double setting the same moverate another is your "explode" function on players that straight up "died" like fell off a building and get kicked straight to spectator. Coz your not using the "on last stand callback" - or checking if the player is still alive but downed - your just using "when perk is lost" ( which also means if people use the power that can be turned off, or any other reason a/all perks could be lost ( like astroman on moon ) - they are going to explode ) This entire thing would also conflict with widows wine, and the paralyser - or infact any examples of anything else adjusting asm moverate ( example, zombie walks close, gets slowed by this, zombie hits you, another zombie hits you, your widows explodes, this first zombie gets webbed, but whenever your cooldown finishes - prob like a second later - that "webbed zombie" is just suddenly gonna take off at full speed despite still being "webbed by widows" ) any indication this perk has done anything at all would be good too, like a sound, an fx, anything. As people who only play, therefore havent seen this post - will have absolutely no idea what this perk is doing, they will just be wondering why sometimes zombies seem to randomly be going all slow sometimes

yeah the code is also years old and I was planning on updating it (maybe using zm_spawner::add_custom_zombie_spawn_logic() instead of GetAiSpeciesArray( "axis", "all" ); since that seems to be more reliable). This post really hasn't been a priority of mine for a long time, I just gave it an update cause someone reminded me of it, so I wanted to make sure it was at least compatible with the latest version of the PERKS OF WHICH HARRYBO21 MERELY MODIFIES AND ADDS TO

I have tinkered around with sounds and FX for the perk too for a while but I haven't really made anything great for it yet.

As for developer errors I'll fix all of them once you fix all of yours for your weapons

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
i thought you were not using the machine anyway

I'm not but it is a lot easier to test then trying the wonderfuizz for ten minutes.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
Harry Bo21 should also fix the at least 10 different developer mode errors too first example - zombie gets slowed - zombie is then killed during the 3 second cooldown "unable to set entity moverate on undefined" coz you didnt kill the thread, and when the zombie died, he becomes "undefined" - and you dont kill the thread if they walk to the "inner circle" either meaning your double setting the same moverate another is your "explode" function on players that straight up "died" like fell off a building and get kicked straight to spectator. Coz your not using the "on last stand callback" - or checking if the player is still alive but downed - your just using "when perk is lost" ( which also means if people use the power that can be turned off, or any other reason a/all perks could be lost ( like astroman on moon ) - they are going to explode ) This entire thing would also conflict with widows wine, and the paralyser - or infact any examples of anything else adjusting asm moverate ( example, zombie walks close, gets slowed by this, zombie hits you, another zombie hits you, your widows explodes, this first zombie gets webbed, but whenever your cooldown finishes - prob like a second later - that "webbed zombie" is just suddenly gonna take off at full speed despite still being "webbed by widows" ) any indication this perk has done anything at all would be good too, like a sound, an fx, anything. As people who only play, therefore havent seen this post - will have absolutely no idea what this perk is doing, they will just be wondering why sometimes zombies seem to randomly be going all slow sometimes yeah the code is also years old and I was planning on updating it (maybe using zm_spawner::add_custom_zombie_spawn_logic() instead of GetAiSpeciesArray( "axis", "all" ); since that seems to be more reliable). This post really hasn't been a priority of mine for a long time, I just gave it an update cause someone reminded me of it, so I wanted to make sure it was at least compatible with the latest version of the Harrybo21 perks. I have tinkered around with sounds and FX for the perk too for a while but I haven't really made anything great for it yet. As for developer errors I'll fix all of them once you fix all of yours for your weapons

"The" perks

not "harry perks"

THE perks

the ones treyarch made - that my copy merely "modifys" and "adds to"

* Edit * ok so i see you changed it - and still have worded it dumb...

here ill help you out

THIS PERK IS NOW COMPATIBLE WITH THE REGULAR NORMAL STOCK STANDARD PERKS WITH NO REQUIREMENT TO INSTALL ANYBODY ELSES PERK PACKS - BUT - WILL ALSO WORK FINE WITH HARRYS

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
Abnormal202 Harry Bo21 should also fix the at least 10 different developer mode errors too first example - zombie gets slowed - zombie is then killed during the 3 second cooldown "unable to set entity moverate on undefined" coz you didnt kill the thread, and when the zombie died, he becomes "undefined" - and you dont kill the thread if they walk to the "inner circle" either meaning your double setting the same moverate another is your "explode" function on players that straight up "died" like fell off a building and get kicked straight to spectator. Coz your not using the "on last stand callback" - or checking if the player is still alive but downed - your just using "when perk is lost" ( which also means if people use the power that can be turned off, or any other reason a/all perks could be lost ( like astroman on moon ) - they are going to explode ) This entire thing would also conflict with widows wine, and the paralyser - or infact any examples of anything else adjusting asm moverate ( example, zombie walks close, gets slowed by this, zombie hits you, another zombie hits you, your widows explodes, this first zombie gets webbed, but whenever your cooldown finishes - prob like a second later - that "webbed zombie" is just suddenly gonna take off at full speed despite still being "webbed by widows" ) any indication this perk has done anything at all would be good too, like a sound, an fx, anything. As people who only play, therefore havent seen this post - will have absolutely no idea what this perk is doing, they will just be wondering why sometimes zombies seem to randomly be going all slow sometimes yeah the code is also years old and I was planning on updating it (maybe using zm_spawner::add_custom_zombie_spawn_logic() instead of GetAiSpeciesArray( "axis", "all" ); since that seems to be more reliable). This post really hasn't been a priority of mine for a long time, I just gave it an update cause someone reminded me of it, so I wanted to make sure it was at least compatible with the latest version of the Harrybo21 perks. I have tinkered around with sounds and FX for the perk too for a while but I haven't really made anything great for it yet. As for developer errors I'll fix all of them once you fix all of yours for your weapons "The" perks not "harry perks" THE perks the ones treyarch made - that my copy merely "improves" and "adds to"

lol I knew you were going to say that.

you do see how titling the post "Harry Bo21 BO3 Perks" can be confusing though?

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
Abnormal202 Harry Bo21 should also fix the at least 10 different developer mode errors too first example - zombie gets slowed - zombie is then killed during the 3 second cooldown "unable to set entity moverate on undefined" coz you didnt kill the thread, and when the zombie died, he becomes "undefined" - and you dont kill the thread if they walk to the "inner circle" either meaning your double setting the same moverate another is your "explode" function on players that straight up "died" like fell off a building and get kicked straight to spectator. Coz your not using the "on last stand callback" - or checking if the player is still alive but downed - your just using "when perk is lost" ( which also means if people use the power that can be turned off, or any other reason a/all perks could be lost ( like astroman on moon ) - they are going to explode ) This entire thing would also conflict with widows wine, and the paralyser - or infact any examples of anything else adjusting asm moverate ( example, zombie walks close, gets slowed by this, zombie hits you, another zombie hits you, your widows explodes, this first zombie gets webbed, but whenever your cooldown finishes - prob like a second later - that "webbed zombie" is just suddenly gonna take off at full speed despite still being "webbed by widows" ) any indication this perk has done anything at all would be good too, like a sound, an fx, anything. As people who only play, therefore havent seen this post - will have absolutely no idea what this perk is doing, they will just be wondering why sometimes zombies seem to randomly be going all slow sometimes yeah the code is also years old and I was planning on updating it (maybe using zm_spawner::add_custom_zombie_spawn_logic() instead of GetAiSpeciesArray( "axis", "all" ); since that seems to be more reliable). This post really hasn't been a priority of mine for a long time, I just gave it an update cause someone reminded me of it, so I wanted to make sure it was at least compatible with the latest version of the Harrybo21 perks. I have tinkered around with sounds and FX for the perk too for a while but I haven't really made anything great for it yet. As for developer errors I'll fix all of them once you fix all of yours for your weapons "The" perks not "harry perks" THE perks the ones treyarch made - that my copy merely "modifys" and "adds to"

Yeah I just spent a good amount of time using the wonderfizz set my perks to 50 max etc and never got it.

Abnormal202:

TCM
Yeah I just spent a good amount of time using the wonderfizz set my perks to 50 max etc and never got it.

So to sum it up:
  • the perk machine appears in-game

• perk machine always says "power's off" even when it's on

• Snail's Pace aren't being added to Wunderfizz

Is that right?

btw just to make sure you have downloaded the right version, in the _zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee.gsh, does this appear?:

#define INCLUDE_SNAILS_PACE_IN_WUNDERFIZZ					true

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
Harry Bo21 Abnormal202 Harry Bo21 should also fix the at least 10 different developer mode errors too first example - zombie gets slowed - zombie is then killed during the 3 second cooldown "unable to set entity moverate on undefined" coz you didnt kill the thread, and when the zombie died, he becomes "undefined" - and you dont kill the thread if they walk to the "inner circle" either meaning your double setting the same moverate another is your "explode" function on players that straight up "died" like fell off a building and get kicked straight to spectator. Coz your not using the "on last stand callback" - or checking if the player is still alive but downed - your just using "when perk is lost" ( which also means if people use the power that can be turned off, or any other reason a/all perks could be lost ( like astroman on moon ) - they are going to explode ) This entire thing would also conflict with widows wine, and the paralyser - or infact any examples of anything else adjusting asm moverate ( example, zombie walks close, gets slowed by this, zombie hits you, another zombie hits you, your widows explodes, this first zombie gets webbed, but whenever your cooldown finishes - prob like a second later - that "webbed zombie" is just suddenly gonna take off at full speed despite still being "webbed by widows" ) any indication this perk has done anything at all would be good too, like a sound, an fx, anything. As people who only play, therefore havent seen this post - will have absolutely no idea what this perk is doing, they will just be wondering why sometimes zombies seem to randomly be going all slow sometimes yeah the code is also years old and I was planning on updating it (maybe using zm_spawner::add_custom_zombie_spawn_logic() instead of GetAiSpeciesArray( "axis", "all" ); since that seems to be more reliable). This post really hasn't been a priority of mine for a long time, I just gave it an update cause someone reminded me of it, so I wanted to make sure it was at least compatible with the latest version of the Harrybo21 perks. I have tinkered around with sounds and FX for the perk too for a while but I haven't really made anything great for it yet. As for developer errors I'll fix all of them once you fix all of yours for your weapons "The" perks not "harry perks" THE perks the ones treyarch made - that my copy merely "improves" and "adds to" lol I knew you were going to say that. you do see how titling the post "Harry Bo21 BO3 Perks" can be confusing though?

Nope

because like ive said a thousand times, you could use this WITH THE STOCK PERKS - and not use mine at all....

The point that wont sink in your head, is i DID NOT create a perk SYSTEM

i did not write the perk code in the various gscs / cscs and i did not write _zm_perks.gsc/csc/gsh - but i appreciate that you think i did - eat your heart out treyarch ;)

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Yeah I just spent a good amount of time using the wonderfizz set my perks to 50 max etc and never got it. So to sum it up: the perk machine appears in-game perk machine always says "power's off" even when it's on Snail's Pace aren't being added to Wunderfizz Is that right? btw just to make sure you have downloaded the right version, in the _zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee.gsh, does this appear?: #define INCLUDE_SNAILS_PACE_IN_WUNDERFIZZ true

Yes that is correct
and yes its on line 62

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
i did not write the perk code in the various gscs / cscs and i did not write _zm_perks.gsc/csc/gsh - but i appreciate that you think i did ;)

So what code did you write if you don't mind me asking?

I knew you didn't write all that stuff, but I am curious how much is Harry and how much is Treyarch

ModmeBot:

the other 4 perks, modified the other 9s code to properly support paused perks both player specific and globally, cleaned up the code, changed the fx set up so it actually works and changed where possible anything that can be modified to be seperated into the GSHs

all of which is noted in the change logs

so to answer your question

of RELEVANCE - nothing regarding the original 9 perks - coz they were already in the game!

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Yeah I just spent a good amount of time using the wonderfizz set my perks to 50 max etc and never got it. So to sum it up: the perk machine appears in-game perk machine always says "power's off" even when it's on Snail's Pace aren't being added to Wunderfizz Is that right? btw just to make sure you have downloaded the right version, in the _zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee.gsh, does this appear?: #define INCLUDE_SNAILS_PACE_IN_WUNDERFIZZ true

Now when I get to the end of using the wonderfizz (Get all perks) it still lets me purchase ONE last one but shows a green bottle for speed I already have, Then I cannot aim down my sights,run, or do anything really but move.

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
the other 4 perks, modified the other 9s code to properly support paused perks both player specific and globally, cleaned up the code, changed the fx set up so it actually works and changed where possible anything that can be modified to be seperated into the GSHs all of which is noted in the change logs

what perks are "the other 4 perks"?

ModmeBot:

whos who, vulture aid, tombstone and phd flopper...

you know, the ones that were "not" already in the game

Abnormal202:

TCM
Abnormal202 TCM Yeah I just spent a good amount of time using the wonderfizz set my perks to 50 max etc and never got it. So to sum it up: the perk machine appears in-game perk machine always says "power's off" even when it's on Snail's Pace aren't being added to Wunderfizz Is that right? btw just to make sure you have downloaded the right version, in the _zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee.gsh, does this appear?: #define INCLUDE_SNAILS_PACE_IN_WUNDERFIZZ true Now when I get to the end of using the wonderfizz (Get all perks) it still lets me purchase ONE last one but shows a green bottle for speed I already have, Then I cannot aim down my sights,run, or do anything really but move.

yeah it should show speed cola bottle for now, (though I'm finishing up the Snail's Pace bottle and will upload it in a bit, the last one looked bad)

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
whos who, vulture aid, tombstone and phd flopper... you know, the ones that were "not" already in the game

so all that code is original Harry stuff? or did you use t6 code somehow

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Abnormal202 TCM Yeah I just spent a good amount of time using the wonderfizz set my perks to 50 max etc and never got it. So to sum it up: the perk machine appears in-game perk machine always says "power's off" even when it's on Snail's Pace aren't being added to Wunderfizz Is that right? btw just to make sure you have downloaded the right version, in the _zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee.gsh, does this appear?: #define INCLUDE_SNAILS_PACE_IN_WUNDERFIZZ true Now when I get to the end of using the wonderfizz (Get all perks) it still lets me purchase ONE last one but shows a green bottle for speed I already have, Then I cannot aim down my sights,run, or do anything really but move. yeah it should show speed cola bottle for now, (though I'm finishing up the Snail's Pace bottle and will upload it in a bit, the last one looked bad)

Well it shows, Then gives me nothing.. Then doesn't let me move or do anything.

Abnormal202:

TCM
Well it shows, Then gives me nothing.. Then doesn't let me move or do anything.

Well that ain't what's happening when I test... Are you absolutely positive you installed THE PERKS HARRY HAS ADDED MODIFICATIONS TO and Snail's Pace correctly?

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
Harry Bo21 whos who, vulture aid, tombstone and phd flopper... you know, the ones that were "not" already in the game so all that code is original Harry stuff? or did you use t6 code somehow

ported and changed where required except for vulture aid which is 100% me

and as t6 didnt match t7 at all, whos who and tombstone required a pretty huge amount of edits, but i ported theirs because the callbacks for it "already exist" and were merely disabled - in the main game logic

and ofc PHD is all mine too

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Well it shows, Then gives me nothing.. Then doesn't let me move or do anything. Well that ain't what's happening when I test... Are you absolutely positive you installed THE PERKS HARRY HAS ADDED MODIFICATIONS TO and Snail's Pace correctly?

or

NOT INSTALLED HARRYS AT ALL AND INSTEAD JUST INSTALLED LUA

Abnormal202:

The amount of edited posts in the last 30 minutes is hilarious. This conversation definitely feels like it should be taking place on discord...

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Well it shows, Then gives me nothing.. Then doesn't let me move or do anything. Well that ain't what's happening when I test... Are you absolutely positive you installed THE PERKS HARRY HAS ADDED MODIFICATIONS TO and Snail's Pace correctly?

Yes I am sure all of the ones from his pack work fine for me its when i get to that one I have made a video to show you.

ModmeBot:

TCM
Abnormal202 TCM Well it shows, Then gives me nothing.. Then doesn't let me move or do anything. Well that ain't what's happening when I test... Are you absolutely positive you installed THE PERKS HARRY HAS ADDED MODIFICATIONS TO and Snail's Pace correctly? Yes I am sure all of the ones from his pack work fine for me its when i get to that one I have made a video to show you.

At the end of the video I cannot aim,run or do anything but walk an shoot.

Abnormal202:

I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it

ModmeBot:

in b4 its either "my fault" or "something he already fixed but uploaded the wrong thing"

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it

Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on.

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
in b4 its either "my fault" or "something he already fixed but uploaded the wrong thing"

don't forget "It was fixed but I was testing the broken version by mistake"

Abnormal202:

TCM
Abnormal202 I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on.

Found the problem... uploading now

this is what confused me in Mega.nz by the way... had assumed clicking "Upload and Update" would mean updating the link

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Abnormal202 I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on. Found the problem... uploading now this is what confused me in Mega.nz by the way... had assumed clicking "Upload and Update" would mean updating the link

File size a lot smaller now?

Abnormal202:

TCM
Abnormal202 TCM Abnormal202 I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on. Found the problem... uploading now this is what confused me in Mega.nz by the way... had assumed clicking "Upload and Update" would mean updating the link File size a lot smaller now?

upload is in. I also removed the model from the download and cleaned up texture assets a bit so yeah download should be smaller.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Abnormal202 TCM Abnormal202 I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on. Found the problem... uploading now this is what confused me in Mega.nz by the way... had assumed clicking "Upload and Update" would mean updating the link File size a lot smaller now? upload is in. I also removed the model from the download and cleaned up texture assets a bit so yeah download should be smaller.

Going to try now, Will let you know.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Abnormal202 TCM Abnormal202 I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on. Found the problem... uploading now this is what confused me in Mega.nz by the way... had assumed clicking "Upload and Update" would mean updating the link File size a lot smaller now? upload is in. I also removed the model from the download and cleaned up texture assets a bit so yeah download should be smaller.

Seemed to fix it sorry for all of the hassle I like custom perks I try to find as many as I can so far this one and his.

Abnormal202:

TCM
Abnormal202 TCM Abnormal202 TCM Abnormal202 I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on. Found the problem... uploading now this is what confused me in Mega.nz by the way... had assumed clicking "Upload and Update" would mean updating the link File size a lot smaller now? upload is in. I also removed the model from the download and cleaned up texture assets a bit so yeah download should be smaller. Seemed to fix it sorry for all of the hassle I like custom perks I try to find as many as I can so far this one and his.

it's fine man, was my fault anyway. I might be releasing more custom perks soon by the way

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM Abnormal202 TCM Abnormal202 TCM Abnormal202 I've got an idea, hold on a moment while I test it Thank you, Not entirely sure what is going on. Found the problem... uploading now this is what confused me in Mega.nz by the way... had assumed clicking "Upload and Update" would mean updating the link File size a lot smaller now? upload is in. I also removed the model from the download and cleaned up texture assets a bit so yeah download should be smaller. Seemed to fix it sorry for all of the hassle I like custom perks I try to find as many as I can so far this one and his. it's fine man, was my fault anyway. I might be releasing more custom perks soon by the way

I have been on the search all day for as many as I can find and as I said all I can find is his and yours, I see many but its ether steam stuff or for someones specific map.

ModmeBot:

the only noteable ones are madgaz ones and he doesnt release them

the rest are always frankly - dumb. Like "a double points perk" or "a max ammo perk" or - insert any powerup and append with the word "perk"

Abnormal202:

Okay I made the bottle look nicer, and made it a proper weapon so now Snail's pace will use it's own bottle when you buy it and when it appears in the wunderfizz. You can also place the perk bottle in radiant as a decoration if you want.

With all these alterations since v2.0 I'm just calling it v2.1 now.

Abnormal202:

Also yeah making a good custom perk isn't easy and that's why there aren't as many as you might think. There's a reason Treyarch stopped making them after Widow's Wine, after all. A lot of ideas have already been explored and you don't want to make something redundant.

That being said I've made some in my time and have some ideas for the future. Currently I have 3 working custom perks (though only two have been released in maps so far). I'm thinking of releasing Cryo-Slide Soda from my map Frostbite soon, but I've got some issues to sort with it first.

idk I could probably get a lot more of my custom perk ideas working and released to the public if I focused my time on that. Not that many people seem interested in them though, so I usually find myself scripting an easter egg than making a custom perk.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
Also yeah making a good custom perk isn't easy and that's why there aren't as many as you might think. There's a reason Treyarch stopped making them after Widow's Wine, after all. A lot of ideas have already been explored and you don't want to make something redundant. That being said I've made some in my time and have some ideas for the future. Currently I have 3 working custom perks (though only two have been released in maps so far). I'm thinking of releasing Cryo-Slide Soda from my map Frostbite soon, but I've got some issues to sort with it first. idk I could probably get a lot more of my custom perk ideas working and released to the public if I focused my time on that. Not that many people seem interested in them though, so I usually find myself scripting an easter egg than making a custom perk.

Aye in my eyes I say screw the easter eggs perks are dope if made right.

Abnormal202:

Okay hopefully the last update for this for awhile (who knows anymore though). I cleaned up the code so it should be more reliable and doesn't use any sort of 3 second delay nonsense.

More importantly, I decided to add an eye fx that zombies who are slowed will show. I based this off of Frost Iceforge's custom eyes so that's why I added Frost Iceforge to the credits. I was skeptical at first, but I think changing the zombies' eyes actually works pretty well for it, though I left an option in the .gsh to turn it off if you want.

Abnormal202:

OKAY OKAY OKAY. THIS IS THE LAST UPDATE TODAY I SWEAR. BECAUSE I SERIOUSLY NEED TO GET SOME SLEEP AT THIS POINT.

I realized Snail's Pace didn't have a Vulture Aid waypoint fx, So I made one. Hence --v2.21--

If there's anything else separating this perk from a Treyarch one, let me know.

ModmeBot:

function snails_pace_explode()
{
	zoms = GetAISpeciesArray( "axis", "all" );
    zoms_to_slow = util::get_array_of_closest( self.origin, zoms , undefined , undefined,  SNAILS_PACE_DOWN_SLOW_RADIUS );

foreach(zom in zoms_to_slow)
    {
    	zom.snailed = false;
    	zom thread slow_down_zombie();
    }
    wait(SNAILS_PACE_DOWN_SLOW_TIME);

// ANY OF THESE ZOMBIES HAVE BEEN KILLED BY NOW THEN

foreach(zom in zoms_to_slow) // ERROR ERROR ERROR
    {
    	zom thread return_zombie_to_normal_speed();
    }
}

^ Still not allowing for zombies dying inbetween

also this will still conflict with widows, but worse yet, will conflict with "itself" if more than one person has the perk

if the players next to you dies, and thus explodes, its gonna un"snail" zombies effected by you - and vice versa as your globally checking every 0.05 seconds against players that have the perk.

^ This means

// iteration for player 1

zombie is in range - slow him

// Your not breaking the check here so...

// continue to player 2 - whos on the other side of the map and thus out of range

zombie is NOT in range - unslow him immediatly

Also this will break completely if a zombie gets slowed by this perk, then that player goes down and loses the perk ( or the perk is paused by power being turned off ) - and no one else has it either. The zombie will remain permanently slowed OR if another player with the perk is there and runs away - they will again become instantly unslowed - AND not kill the old thread

Your still not checking if the player still exists before executing your explode code either, so instant death triggers of any kind will cause a random explosion "somewhere" ( prob at 0, 0, 0 ) and the "self.origin" check in the explode code will default on to level.origin so likely effect "every single zombie on the map"

your eye code is also going to forcefully add back eye fx to boss zombies who explicitly have their standard eye fx disabled, which will also cause a issue with the fx appearing on their feet in the case of t6 or t5 bosses

self.snailed == true

^ every instance of this is a developer error ( cannot cast "undefined" to bool )

// Correct way...

IS_TRUE( self.snailed )

!IS_TRUE( self.snailed )

level.players_with_snails_pace[level.players_with_snails_pace.size]	= self;

^ No need to do this at all

function get_players_with_perk( perk )
{
	a_players = getPlayers();

a_returned_players = [];

for ( i = 0; i &lt; a_players.size; i++ )
	{
		if ( a_players[ i ] hasPerk( perk ) )
			a_returned_players[ a_returned_players.size ] = a_players[ i ];

}

return a_returned_players;
}

basically, on co-op - this perk is 100% busted

you could easily test the co-op bugs by either plugging in a controller or spawning test bots

Abnormal202:

that code was VERY broken for co-op. I've changed the code and tested it on co-op and I think it works fine now. Let me know if I missed one of things you were talking about but I think it should:

• handle co-op

• not slow or change eye FX for bosses

• not slow or un-slow zombies trapped in Widow's Wine cocoon

• not attempt to slow or change eye fx for zombies that are dead (in regards to the "explosion" when player is downed)

• not attempt to make an explosion if player cannot be found

Still working on some dev 2 errors, but wanted to get this out

Abnormal202:

okay fixed all the Dev 2 errors with Snail's Pace.

ModmeBot:

good work

now, not needed, but the only thing you could modify, if you really do want this to be "set to work with harrys perks" - is the changes to support perks being paused

first is in the give perk function, need to check if it is "level paused" already to prevent it actually getting turned on ( still gets added to your perks queue so will be given when the perk / perks are "unpaused )

function additional_primary_give_perk()
{
	if ( level zm_perk_utility::is_perk_paused( ADDITIONAL_PRIMARY_WEAPON_PERK ) )
		self zm_perk_utility::player_pause_perk( ADDITIONAL_PRIMARY_WEAPON_PERK );

if ( self zm_perk_utility::is_perk_paused( ADDITIONAL_PRIMARY_WEAPON_PERK ) )
		return;

and with that, need to also set the lua to immediatly pause the icon, if given while paused ( something treyarch didnt consider at all but SHOULD have coz of the gobble gums )

function additional_primary_weapon_set_clientfield( n_state ) 
{
	if ( n_state != 0 &amp;&amp; ( level zm_perk_utility::is_perk_paused( ADDITIONAL_PRIMARY_WEAPON_PERK ) || self zm_perk_utility::is_perk_paused( ADDITIONAL_PRIMARY_WEAPON_PERK ) ) )
		n_state = 2;

Abnormal202:

okay I think I've made it work with perk pausing now.

ModmeBot:

It messes with NSZ Time Warp, When they get close with ur perk they slow for a second then get fast again even though this perk is on.

Abnormal202:

TCM
It messes with NSZ Time Warp, When they get close with ur perk they slow for a second then get fast again even though this perk is on.

hmm. I guess I'll just make a timewarp override, since Timewarp slows them down greater than Snails Pace should. Give me a little bit.

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
TCM It messes with NSZ Time Warp, When they get close with ur perk they slow for a second then get fast again even though this perk is on. hmm. I guess I'll just make a timewarp override, since Timewarp slows them down greater than Snails Pace should. Give me a little bit.

Yeah, Maybe just make it so yours disables for the time its turned on then enable yours again after.

Abnormal202:

TCM
Abnormal202 TCM It messes with NSZ Time Warp, When they get close with ur perk they slow for a second then get fast again even though this perk is on. hmm. I guess I'll just make a timewarp override, since Timewarp slows them down greater than Snails Pace should. Give me a little bit. Yeah, Maybe just make it so yours disables for the time its turned on then enable yours again after.

okay I updated it. should prevent it from attempting to "snail" or "unsnail" zombies during a time warp.

I also changed the instructions a bit in regard to the customperkicons.lua. Now I have it tell you to manually add in the line instead of just replace it with the file. This way people will be able to add more custom perks in the future to that same lua file

ModmeBot:

why dont you be smart and just check if their anim rate isnt "1"

ive been highlighting this repeatadly to see if youd guess that on your own...

void  GetEntityAnimRate()
CATEGORY: 
CLIENT/SERVER: Server
SUMMARY: get the entity animation rate - ZOMBIES ONLY
EXAMPLE: rate = self GetEntityAnimRate()

note - for a "complete" timewarp fix, youd also need to modify nates script, to pass a notify to the zombie that kills your threads, and unset the snailed variable thing or whatevs

his script will already be looping the zombies, just add a notify in that loop

this is prob gonna mess up with a number of gobble gums too

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
why dont you be smart and just check if their anim rate isnt "1"ive been highlighting this repeatadly to see if youd guess that on your own... void GetEntityAnimRate() CATEGORY: CLIENT/SERVER: Server SUMMARY: get the entity animation rate - ZOMBIES ONLY EXAMPLE: rate = self GetEntityAnimRate() note - for a "complete" timewarp fix, youd also need to modify nates script, to pass a notify to the zombie that kills your threads, and unset the snailed variable thing or whatevs his script will already be looping the zombies, just add a notify in that loop this is prob gonna mess up with a number of gobble gums too

Yeah I thought about just checking if their anim rate isn't default but I kinda want Snail's Pace to override their anim rate even if it isn't 1 sometimes. I'm not exactly sure of every instance the zombie's animation rate is set to something different, so I've just been working on a case by case basis where I decide if Snail's Pace overrides or gets overridden, which I know isn't the best.

I'm working on that Cryo-Slide Soda perk of mine right now too, which believe it or not also uses the ASMSetAnimationRate() so I've gotta think about that as well with Snail's Pace.

maybe that's dumb, but if these circumstances are literally all that ASMSetAnimationRate() is used for, then I guess it makes sense just to check if it's 1 before snailing

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
Harry Bo21 why dont you be smart and just check if their anim rate isnt "1"ive been highlighting this repeatadly to see if youd guess that on your own... void GetEntityAnimRate() CATEGORY: CLIENT/SERVER: Server SUMMARY: get the entity animation rate - ZOMBIES ONLY EXAMPLE: rate = self GetEntityAnimRate() note - for a "complete" timewarp fix, youd also need to modify nates script, to pass a notify to the zombie that kills your threads, and unset the snailed variable thing or whatevs his script will already be looping the zombies, just add a notify in that loop this is prob gonna mess up with a number of gobble gums too Yeah I thought about just checking if their anim rate isn't default but I kinda want Snail's Pace to override their anim rate even if it isn't 1 sometimes. I'm not exactly sure of every instance the zombie's animation rate is set to something different, so I've just been working on a case by case basis where I decide if Snail's Pace overrides or gets overridden, which I know isn't the best. I'm working on that Cryo-Slide Soda perk of mine right now too, which believe it or not also uses the ASMSetAnimationRate() so I've gotta think about that as well with Snail's Pace. maybe that's dumb, but if these circumstances are literally all that ASMSetAnimationRate() is used for, then I guess it makes sense just to check if it's 1 before snailing

you cant do "case by case" coz you cant allow for any other random script the user may grab that also changes it

eg - the paralyser

ive seen several trap scripts that also modify the rate

Abnormal202:

Harry Bo21
you cant do "case by case" coz you cant allow for any other random script the user may grab that also changes it eg - the paralyser

maybe this is overcomplicating it, but would it be reasonable to only snail if the animation rate is greater than the 0.62 or whatever Snail's Pace would set it to? That way Snail's Pace only overrides it for things that don't slow zombies as much as Snail's Pace would.

ModmeBot:

the problem is other scripts "unsetting" the rate, not just yours changing theirs

"the proper way" to fix this, would be to write a bridge function for setEntityAnimRate

and have the users find and replace references to it, then handle whatever within your bridge version

function _setEntityAnimRate( n_rate, b_is_higher_priority == false )

^ example, then they can find and replace one with the other

ModmeBot:

Reply By: GCPeinhardt
I am having issues, I had issues with the shader, but I fixed that, I don't having any lighting and when I do the Compile+Light+Link it mentions something about Vulture Aid Waypoint

Abnormal202:

GCPeinhardt
I am having issues, I had issues with the shader, but I fixed that, I don't having any lighting and when I do the Compile+Light+Link it mentions something about Vulture Aid Waypoint

can you show you launcher log here?

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
GCPeinhardt I am having issues, I had issues with the shader, but I fixed that, I don't having any lighting and when I do the Compile+Light+Link it mentions something about Vulture Aid Waypoint can you show you launcher log here?

^1Effect 'fx/snails_pace/fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx' not found

fx:snails_pace/fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx
csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg
csv:zone_source/zm_white_house.zone

ModmeBot:

GCPeinhardt
Abnormal202 GCPeinhardt I am having issues, I had issues with the shader, but I fixed that, I don't having any lighting and when I do the Compile+Light+Link it mentions something about Vulture Aid Waypoint can you show you launcher log here? ^1Effect 'fx/snails_pace/fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx' not found fx:snails_pace/fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_white_house.zone

looks like you just don't have the .efx file installed right. Make sure the file fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx is located in Root/share/raw/fx/snails_pace

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
GCPeinhardt Abnormal202 GCPeinhardt I am having issues, I had issues with the shader, but I fixed that, I don't having any lighting and when I do the Compile+Light+Link it mentions something about Vulture Aid Waypoint can you show you launcher log here? ^1Effect 'fx/snails_pace/fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx' not found fx:snails_pace/fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_white_house.zone looks like you just don't have the .efx file installed right. Make sure the file fx_vulture_aid_waypoint_snails_pace.efx is located in Root/share/raw/fx/snails_pace

Dude its not even included I have downloaded it for the second time and its not there

ModmeBot:

hes correct

Abnormal202:

GCPeinhardt
Dude its not even included I have downloaded it for the second time and its not there

one day I'll have everything included in the download immediately after I update something. One day.

the .efx should be in there now, try downloading again and see if that fixes the problem.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ezzocorbi
Hi, I'm the guy who messaged you on Steam,
thankyou for replying!

Now I have anothe issue: when I run the map the perk machine isn't there and there's just a dark box on the ground.
Also when I buy the perk I can't interact with anything (I can't even run), the shader doesn't appear and the animation doesn't play.

P.S. I have both the latest version of this perk and of the perks made by Harrybo21 and I tried installing it by following the instructions about 5 times on 2 different maps.

https://gyazo.com/6055112fb0390279045a2bc8451a28d8 you can take a look at the issue that I'm having here.

Thanks in advance!

ModmeBot:

Ezzocorbi
Hi, I'm the guy who messaged you on Steam, thankyou for replying! Now I have anothe issue: when I run the map the perk machine isn't there and there's just a dark box on the ground. Also when I buy the perk I can't interact with anything (I can't even run), the shader doesn't appear and the animation doesn't play. P.S. I have both the latest version of this perk and of the perks made by Harrybo21 and I tried installing it by following the instructions about 5 times on 2 different maps. https://gyazo.com/6055112fb0390279045a2bc8451a28d8 you can take a look at the issue that I'm having here. Thanks in advance!

Did you add to the .zone file?

ModmeBot:

mathfag
Ezzocorbi Hi, I'm the guy who messaged you on Steam, thankyou for replying! Now I have anothe issue: when I run the map the perk machine isn't there and there's just a dark box on the ground. Also when I buy the perk I can't interact with anything (I can't even run), the shader doesn't appear and the animation doesn't play. P.S. I have both the latest version of this perk and of the perks made by Harrybo21 and I tried installing it by following the instructions about 5 times on 2 different maps. https://gyazo.com/6055112fb0390279045a2bc8451a28d8 you can take a look at the issue that I'm having here. Thanks in advance! Did you add to the .zone file?

Yes I did, this is how my .zone file looks like

>class,zm_mod_level
>group,modtools
include,hb21_perks
xmodel,skybox_default_day
material,luts_t7_default

// BSP
col_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbsp
gfx_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbsp

// Audio
sound,zm_perktest

scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.gsc
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.csc
include,abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee

Abnormal202:

Ezzocorbi
mathfag Ezzocorbi Hi, I'm the guy who messaged you on Steam, thankyou for replying! Now I have anothe issue: when I run the map the perk machine isn't there and there's just a dark box on the ground. Also when I buy the perk I can't interact with anything (I can't even run), the shader doesn't appear and the animation doesn't play. P.S. I have both the latest version of this perk and of the perks made by Harrybo21 and I tried installing it by following the instructions about 5 times on 2 different maps. https://gyazo.com/6055112fb0390279045a2bc8451a28d8 you can take a look at the issue that I'm having here. Thanks in advance! Did you add to the .zone file? Yes I did, this is how my .zone file looks like >class,zm_mod_level>group,modtoolsinclude,hb21_perks xmodel,skybox_default_daymaterial,luts_t7_default// BSPcol_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbspgfx_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbsp // Audiosound,zm_perktest scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.gscscriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.cscinclude,abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee

hmm that is bizarre. Do you have any errors or warnings in launcher?

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
Ezzocorbi mathfag Ezzocorbi Hi, I'm the guy who messaged you on Steam, thankyou for replying! Now I have anothe issue: when I run the map the perk machine isn't there and there's just a dark box on the ground. Also when I buy the perk I can't interact with anything (I can't even run), the shader doesn't appear and the animation doesn't play. P.S. I have both the latest version of this perk and of the perks made by Harrybo21 and I tried installing it by following the instructions about 5 times on 2 different maps. https://gyazo.com/6055112fb0390279045a2bc8451a28d8 you can take a look at the issue that I'm having here. Thanks in advance! Did you add to the .zone file? Yes I did, this is how my .zone file looks like >class,zm_mod_level>group,modtoolsinclude,hb21_perks xmodel,skybox_default_daymaterial,luts_t7_default// BSPcol_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbspgfx_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbsp // Audiosound,zm_perktest scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.gscscriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.cscinclude,abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee hmm that is bizarre. Do you have any errors or warnings in launcher?

Yes, I get this error

<ol class="text">
  • ^3GetFileAttributesEx(G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\t7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin) failed: Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato. (It says "unable to find specified path", it's in Italian)

• xmodel:p7_zm_vending_snail

• csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg

• csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone

• ERROR: Could not find xmodel file: t7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin

• ^1Could not load mesh 't7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin' for xmodel 'p7_zm_vending_snail'

• xmodel:p7_zm_vending_snail

• ^3GetFileAttributesEx(G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\t6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin) failed: Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato.

• xmodel:t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world

• weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace

• ERROR: Could not find xmodel file: t6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin

• ^1Could not load mesh 't6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin' for xmodel 't6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world'

• xmodel:t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world

• ^3BG_LoadWeaponVariantDefFile: ParseGdtDBQueryToStruct failed for 'zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace'

• ^1ERROR: Unable to load weapon 'zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace'

</ol>
    For the fulls launcher output I made a paste here
    https://pastebin.com/NSr9N22V

Also the prefab looks like this in Radiant https://gyazo.com/8663844df6691b8f4f6dae293c0f3efa and I though that it's a bit unusual, idk if that's part of the problem though.

• Abnormal202:

Ezzocorbi
    Abnormal202 Ezzocorbi mathfag Ezzocorbi Hi, I'm the guy who messaged you on Steam, thankyou for replying! Now I have anothe issue: when I run the map the perk machine isn't there and there's just a dark box on the ground. Also when I buy the perk I can't interact with anything (I can't even run), the shader doesn't appear and the animation doesn't play. P.S. I have both the latest version of this perk and of the perks made by Harrybo21 and I tried installing it by following the instructions about 5 times on 2 different maps. https://gyazo.com/6055112fb0390279045a2bc8451a28d8 you can take a look at the issue that I'm having here. Thanks in advance! Did you add to the .zone file? Yes I did, this is how my .zone file looks like >class,zm_mod_level>group,modtoolsinclude,hb21_perks xmodel,skybox_default_daymaterial,luts_t7_default// BSPcol_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbspgfx_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbsp // Audiosound,zm_perktest scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.gscscriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.cscinclude,abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee hmm that is bizarre. Do you have any errors or warnings in launcher? Yes, I get this error ^3GetFileAttributesEx(G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\t7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin) failed: Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato. (It says "unable to find specified path", it's in Italian) xmodel:p7_zm_vending_snail csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ERROR: Could not find xmodel file: t7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin ^1Could not load mesh 't7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin' for xmodel 'p7_zm_vending_snail' xmodel:p7_zm_vending_snail csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ^3GetFileAttributesEx(G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\t6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin) failed: Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato. xmodel:t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ERROR: Could not find xmodel file: t6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin ^1Could not load mesh 't6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin' for xmodel 't6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world' xmodel:t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ^3BG_LoadWeaponVariantDefFile: ParseGdtDBQueryToStruct failed for 'zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace' weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ^1ERROR: Unable to load weapon 'zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace' weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone For the fulls launcher output I made a paste here https://pastebin.com/NSr9N22V Also the prefab looks like this in Radiant https://gyazo.com/8663844df6691b8f4f6dae293c0f3efa and I though that it's a bit unusual, idk if that's part of the problem though.

yeah it seems launcher cannot find the speed cola model or the snail's pace bottle weapon, which would explain why the model is showing up as a default black square in radiant and in-game, and why it doesn't play the drinking animation when you buy it. Are you missing some files? Because you should have the speed cola model file just by default.

Perhaps those assets are in the additional assets and you haven't downloaded them yet? When you right click on the mod tools in steam and go to properties, does it look like this:

Also just want to verify everything is good in APE. Does your APE look like this:

ModmeBot:

Abnormal202
    Ezzocorbi Abnormal202 Ezzocorbi mathfag Ezzocorbi Hi, I'm the guy who messaged you on Steam, thankyou for replying! Now I have anothe issue: when I run the map the perk machine isn't there and there's just a dark box on the ground. Also when I buy the perk I can't interact with anything (I can't even run), the shader doesn't appear and the animation doesn't play. P.S. I have both the latest version of this perk and of the perks made by Harrybo21 and I tried installing it by following the instructions about 5 times on 2 different maps. https://gyazo.com/6055112fb0390279045a2bc8451a28d8 you can take a look at the issue that I'm having here. Thanks in advance! Did you add to the .zone file? Yes I did, this is how my .zone file looks like >class,zm_mod_level>group,modtoolsinclude,hb21_perks xmodel,skybox_default_daymaterial,luts_t7_default// BSPcol_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbspgfx_map,maps/zm/zm_perktest.d3dbsp // Audiosound,zm_perktest scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.gscscriptparsetree,scripts/zm/zm_perktest.cscinclude,abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee hmm that is bizarre. Do you have any errors or warnings in launcher? Yes, I get this error ^3GetFileAttributesEx(G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\t7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin) failed: Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato. (It says "unable to find specified path", it's in Italian) xmodel:p7_zm_vending_snail csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ERROR: Could not find xmodel file: t7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin ^1Could not load mesh 't7_props_zombie\p7_zm_vending_sleight\p7_zm_vending_sleight_lod0.xmodel_bin' for xmodel 'p7_zm_vending_snail' xmodel:p7_zm_vending_snail csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ^3GetFileAttributesEx(G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\model_export\t6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin) failed: Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato. xmodel:t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ERROR: Could not find xmodel file: t6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin ^1Could not load mesh 't6_weapon\zmb_perk_bottle\t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_lod0.xmodel_bin' for xmodel 't6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world' xmodel:t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_snail_world weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ^3BG_LoadWeaponVariantDefFile: ParseGdtDBQueryToStruct failed for 'zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace' weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone ^1ERROR: Unable to load weapon 'zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace' weapon:zombie_perk_bottle_snailspace csv:abnormal202_snails_pace_slurpee.zpkg csv:zone_source/zm_perktest.zone For the fulls launcher output I made a paste here https://pastebin.com/NSr9N22V Also the prefab looks like this in Radiant https://gyazo.com/8663844df6691b8f4f6dae293c0f3efa and I though that it's a bit unusual, idk if that's part of the problem though. yeah it seems launcher cannot find the speed cola model or the snail's pace bottle weapon, which would explain why the model is showing up as a default black square in radiant and in-game, and why it doesn't play the drinking animation when you buy it. Are you missing some files? Because you should have the speed cola model file just by default. Perhaps those assets are in the additional assets and you haven't downloaded them yet? When you right click on the mod tools in steam and go to properties, does it look like this: Also just want to verify everything is good in APE. Does your APE look like this:

I still haven't downloaded the additional assets but I'm going to do it tonight, I'll let you know if this fixes the problem.
    This is how my APE looks like: https://gyazo.com/fb92f5181d8af621fc800540bc3c2256

EDIT: downloading the additional assets worked! Thank you very much!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: kaizokuroof
    Hey, I've used your perk in other custom maps! Very cool and unique idea. I'd like to use this perk in my map, however, it says in the instructions that you need Harry BO21 perks, which are sadly not available in his thread. Is there another location to get these files, or is there anyone willing to reupload them, as without them it seems I won't be able to include it in my map :(

Abnormal202:

kaizokuroof
    Hey, I've used your perk in other custom maps! Very cool and unique idea. I'd like to use this perk in my map, however, it says in the instructions that you need Harry BO21 perks, which are sadly not available in his thread. Is there another location to get these files, or is there anyone willing to reupload them, as without them it seems I won't be able to include it in my map :(

It took a little while, but I've just added a link to a download that works without Harry's Perks. The main downside is the shader for Snail's Pace has to be displayed separately from the normal perks, but other than that it's pretty much the same.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Riptide1106
    Hi Abnormal,
    First off, thanks for providing this great perk to the community! I have a question (problem) about this perk, I'm hoping you can help with. Whatever perks i get before snails, remain on the hud after going down and getting revived (i don't still have the perks just the shaders remain). The perks gotten after snails i lose as expected, just the perks gotten prior are affected. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

ps. im using the (no harrys perks 2.2.5 version)

Thanks for your help =)

BIGCountry77x:

Thread By: Abnormal202
    <h2>ABNORMAL202'S SNAIL'S PACE SLURPEE (v2.2.4) [A BO3 Custom Perk]</h2>

<h3>Pictures</h3>

<h3>Videos</h3>

<h3>What Is Snail's Pace Slurpee?</h3>

Snail's Pace Slurpee will slow down any zombie's movement by 38% (adjusted for v1.1) when it enters within a radius of a player who has it. When the zombie reaches another smaller, inner radius, or if it gets too far away from the player, it is sped back up.

Sounds complicated? Basically it just slows zombies when they get too close, but won't slow them down when they start hitting you. This gives players extra time before zombies can hit them, and can really save the player in some sticky situations, but not all.

Snail's Pace Slurpee comes with a re-textured speed-cola machine model (Though an actual original model is in the works right now!), as well as it's own shader, bottle, FX, Vulture Aid Waypoint, and even perk jingle.

<h3>How Do I Install It In My Map?</h3>

The download includes instructions for installation within the instructions.txt file.

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE HARRYBO21'S PERKS (v2.1 or higher) INSTALLED FIRST!!!

<h3>Shaders</h3>

Lethal Peelz and Erthrock have both made shader sets that include Snail's Pace. If you are interested in trying out some new shaders for Snail's Pace I recommend checking them out.

Lethal Peelz Shaders: http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=1838

Erthrock Shaders: http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=2296

In order to change the shader, you'll have to edit the customperkicons.lua (located in Root/usermaps/yourmapname/ui/uieditor/widgets/hud/zm_perks). You must change this line:

snails_pace                         = "i_snails_pace_shader"

so it is set equal to whatever IMAGE (not material anymore) asset you want to be the shader.

<h3>NOTES</h3>

If you happen to make custom perks too, Snail's pace uses the specialty: "specialty_gpsjammer", so I recommend not using that, if you want it to be compatible with Snail's Pace.

A new model for Snail's Pace is currently in the works, so it can have an original model instead of just retextured Speed Cola

You can change many of the settings of Snail's Pace within the _zm_perk_snails_pace_slurpee.gsh including a new feature that slows down zombies exceptionally when a player with Snail's Pace goes down.

Maps that I made (you betcha they got Snail's Pace in 'em): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1220856535

THERE IS SUCH A THING AS THE SNAIL'S PACE SLURPEE MOD! It adds Snail's Pace to Treyarch maps and has the capability to add it to other custom maps too! check it out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1242962197

<h3>Credits</h3>

PLEASE CREDIT THESE PEOPLE IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY!

-Abnormal202
    -NSZ
    -Harrybo21
    -Frost Iceforge

<h3>Download</h3>

Read everything? Or just scroll down to get to the download? Well fine, here it is.

V(2.2.4) WITH HARRY'S PERKS (RECOMMENDED)

Download

V(2.2.5) WITHOUT HARRY'S PERKS

Download

If you are really in love with Snail's Pace. Like really.

model_export folder isnt in the download???

Cyrus:

I certainly like the custom perk in various custom maps. But I usually find the illustration quite lacking in terms of being refined like the Treyarch's perk and etc. So I thought I'd redraw it just for fun~ ^^