Modme Forums

The Improved Conversion Rig Reborn (BO3)

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Collie:

Thread By: Collie
Hi all, I'm pleased to finally release the definitive version of my Conversion Rig for Black Ops 3. Since the first version of the Improved Conversion Rig came out mid-december of last year, I have been working nearly every day on getting the conversion closer and closer to perfect. Now, with the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, I feel I have finally achieved that goal.

For comparison pictures between the version of the Improved Conversion Rig released on Modme vs. the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, click here.

Instructions on use are basically the same as the other rig, with a couple changes. To see a full breakdown of the new shelf, as well as basic instructions on use, click here. If you want a refresher on how to install the shelf, please refer to my old post here.

Included with the download is an extra shelf titled, "WeaponFixes". This is for World At War guns (And the MP5K for some reason) that aren't normally centered properly in first-person view. Each weapon has it's own button. Click it after you've imported the animation to put it in the right place to be viewed in first-person.

DownloadI'd like to give a huge thank you to DTZxPorter for the support he has shown this rig. Without him, this rig wouldn't have been possible.

I'd also like to give credit and thanks to Tom Crowley for his various tools, Azsry for giving me a baseline to create my own conversion rig way back when I had no idea what I was doing, Hitmanvere for getting me Lilith's viewhands, and Ardivee for also getting me Lilith's viewhands (but the lime version).

As always, if there are any errors in the post, the rig, or the shelf please feel free to let me know.

***UPDATES***

6/13/2017
-Fixed a couple of missing joints which were causing some errors when importing animations
-Completely redid the formula for wrist-twist. Should now be identical to the formula treyarch uses

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78
Dude this rig is absolutely amazing. It started out with chunky WaW hands and skinny BO3 hands barely aligned properly, and then using orientConstraint rather than parentConstraint making all the fingers fucked up, and now the fingers are nearly 1:1 aligned. You also did what I've been trying to tell people to do recently, which is using similar viewhands. I recently decided to remake the t7-t5 rig for myself and a couple friends due to a couple finger imperfections in the original one. So I did what I thought is common sense, which is using BO3 dempsey hands and BO2 dempsey hands. Since they are modeled similarly and to the same scaling, it is easiest to align them. You did a good job finding nearly exact same hands that match the BO3 ones. I can tell it is from an Infinity Ward game, as the arms contain tag_weapon_right/left, tag_player under tag_camera, and lack of finger tips, sleeve joints, and thumb webbing joints when the hands don't require them ( Infinity Ward wierd like that ), and you probably had to make a tag_weapon1 yourself, but thats cool. It's probably impossible to get the sleeve joints working on the BO3 arms from the original rig, finger tip joints were never binded and aren't on BO3 hands, and there are no thumb webbings on BO3 hands either. So besides those irrelevant problems, the hands you chose were nearly the perfect option. So once again, good job. Me and my friends really appreciate this.

I found one bug though. The tag_torso in the BO3 hands are at 0,0,0. The ads animations move tag_torso down to where it's supposed to be, but when the animations are relevant to 0,0,0, it will make the gun look pushed back and downwards in game. The way to fix it is by moving the BO3 tag_torso to where the original rig's tag_torso is. You should also probably constrain it so that you can export ads animations on the BO3 hands rather than having to do it on the above ones.

Collie:

Reply By: Collie
Wow, you're completely right - I forgot to constrain tag_ads and tag_torso! Thanks for spotting that Sanchez! I have updated the download on Google drive with a fixed version. And thank you for the praise! The viewhands I am currently using actually belong to Sledgehammer games, Lilith is one of their characters from Exo-Zombies. You should find that rotating the wrist solves the issue of the missing webbing joint in most cases, especially with pistols.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78
Interesting, I'm sure Advanced Warfare took the rig from Infinity Ward tho. And like I said, the missing webbing isn't an issue, since the BO3 hands don't have webbing joints themselves.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Nelonn
Oh god, thank you very much for updating your rig. Just tried to re-do anims for usp, and it felt so much better with this rig then the previous one. + WIN

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hamwunk

Collie
Hi all, I'm pleased to finally release the definitive version of my Conversion Rig for Black Ops 3. Since the first version of the Improved Conversion Rig came out mid-december of last year, I have been working nearly every day on getting the conversion closer and closer to perfect. Now, with the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, I feel I have finally achieved that goal. For comparison pictures between the version of the Improved Conversion Rig released on Modme vs. the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, click here. Instructions on use are basically the same as the other rig, with a couple changes. To see a full breakdown of the new shelf, as well as basic instructions on use, click here. If you want a refresher on how to install the shelf, please refer to my old post here. Included with the download is an extra shelf titled, "WeaponFixes". This is for World At War guns (And the MP5K for some reason) that aren't normally centered properly in first-person view. Each weapon has it's own button. Click it after you've imported the animation to put it in the right place to be viewed in first-person. I'd like to give a huge thank you to DTZxPorter for the support he has shown this rig. Without him, this rig wouldn't have been possible. I'd also like to give credit and thanks to Tom Crowley for his various tools, Azsry for giving me a baseline to create my own conversion rig way back when I had no idea what I was doing, Hitmanvere for getting me Lilith's viewhands, and Ardivee for also getting me Lilith's viewhands (but the lime version). As always, if there are any errors in the post, the rig, or the shelf please feel free to let me know.

For some reason, in this rig now upon importing an anim, i get // Error: line 0: Error reading file. This is only for any anim other than aw. Also, any aw anim that contains va_(weapon)_(anim) does not work, but vm_(weapon)_(anim) works.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

Hamwunk
Collie Hi all, I'm pleased to finally release the definitive version of my Conversion Rig for Black Ops 3. Since the first version of the Improved Conversion Rig came out mid-december of last year, I have been working nearly every day on getting the conversion closer and closer to perfect. Now, with the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, I feel I have finally achieved that goal. For comparison pictures between the version of the Improved Conversion Rig released on Modme vs. the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, click here. Instructions on use are basically the same as the other rig, with a couple changes. To see a full breakdown of the new shelf, as well as basic instructions on use, click here. If you want a refresher on how to install the shelf, please refer to my old post here. Included with the download is an extra shelf titled, "WeaponFixes". This is for World At War guns (And the MP5K for some reason) that aren't normally centered properly in first-person view. Each weapon has it's own button. Click it after you've imported the animation to put it in the right place to be viewed in first-person. I'd like to give a huge thank you to DTZxPorter for the support he has shown this rig. Without him, this rig wouldn't have been possible. I'd also like to give credit and thanks to Tom Crowley for his various tools, Azsry for giving me a baseline to create my own conversion rig way back when I had no idea what I was doing, Hitmanvere for getting me Lilith's viewhands, and Ardivee for also getting me Lilith's viewhands (but the lime version). As always, if there are any errors in the post, the rig, or the shelf please feel free to let me know. For some reason, in this rig now upon importing an anim, i get // Error: line 0: Error reading file. This is only for any anim other than aw. Also, any aw anim that contains va_(weapon)_(anim) does not work, but vm_(weapon)_(anim) works.

You didn't follow the instructions stating to press the t7 button to add _t7, it's because SETools is attempting to to animate one of the constrained t7: joints, so you need to rename them (which is what that button does).

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
Hamwunk Collie Hi all, I'm pleased to finally release the definitive version of my Conversion Rig for Black Ops 3. Since the first version of the Improved Conversion Rig came out mid-december of last year, I have been working nearly every day on getting the conversion closer and closer to perfect. Now, with the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, I feel I have finally achieved that goal. For comparison pictures between the version of the Improved Conversion Rig released on Modme vs. the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, click here. Instructions on use are basically the same as the other rig, with a couple changes. To see a full breakdown of the new shelf, as well as basic instructions on use, click here. If you want a refresher on how to install the shelf, please refer to my old post here. Included with the download is an extra shelf titled, "WeaponFixes". This is for World At War guns (And the MP5K for some reason) that aren't normally centered properly in first-person view. Each weapon has it's own button. Click it after you've imported the animation to put it in the right place to be viewed in first-person. I'd like to give a huge thank you to DTZxPorter for the support he has shown this rig. Without him, this rig wouldn't have been possible. I'd also like to give credit and thanks to Tom Crowley for his various tools, Azsry for giving me a baseline to create my own conversion rig way back when I had no idea what I was doing, Hitmanvere for getting me Lilith's viewhands, and Ardivee for also getting me Lilith's viewhands (but the lime version). As always, if there are any errors in the post, the rig, or the shelf please feel free to let me know. For some reason, in this rig now upon importing an anim, i get // Error: line 0: Error reading file. This is only for any anim other than aw. Also, any aw anim that contains va_(weapon)_(anim) does not work, but vm_(weapon)_(anim) works. You didn't follow the instructions stating to press the t7 button to add _t7, it's because SETools is attempting to to animate one of the constrained t7: joints, so you need to rename them (which is what that button does).

Did not realize. Thanks, I will try later

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
Hamwunk Collie Hi all, I'm pleased to finally release the definitive version of my Conversion Rig for Black Ops 3. Since the first version of the Improved Conversion Rig came out mid-december of last year, I have been working nearly every day on getting the conversion closer and closer to perfect. Now, with the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, I feel I have finally achieved that goal. For comparison pictures between the version of the Improved Conversion Rig released on Modme vs. the Improved Conversion Rig Reborn, click here. Instructions on use are basically the same as the other rig, with a couple changes. To see a full breakdown of the new shelf, as well as basic instructions on use, click here. If you want a refresher on how to install the shelf, please refer to my old post here. Included with the download is an extra shelf titled, "WeaponFixes". This is for World At War guns (And the MP5K for some reason) that aren't normally centered properly in first-person view. Each weapon has it's own button. Click it after you've imported the animation to put it in the right place to be viewed in first-person. I'd like to give a huge thank you to DTZxPorter for the support he has shown this rig. Without him, this rig wouldn't have been possible. I'd also like to give credit and thanks to Tom Crowley for his various tools, Azsry for giving me a baseline to create my own conversion rig way back when I had no idea what I was doing, Hitmanvere for getting me Lilith's viewhands, and Ardivee for also getting me Lilith's viewhands (but the lime version). As always, if there are any errors in the post, the rig, or the shelf please feel free to let me know. For some reason, in this rig now upon importing an anim, i get // Error: line 0: Error reading file. This is only for any anim other than aw. Also, any aw anim that contains va_(weapon)_(anim) does not work, but vm_(weapon)_(anim) works. You didn't follow the instructions stating to press the t7 button to add _t7, it's because SETools is attempting to to animate one of the constrained t7: joints, so you need to rename them (which is what that button does).

Everything works except the anims from aw that start with a va_. I am not sure why they end up like this. Any help?
https://gyazo.com/24b9baf0149f3e19c8b2542e958b89bd

Collie:

Well, I can't say for sure since I don't have AW and can't view those anims myself. I've never seen the arms appear in those positions though, so it might be safe to say that it uses a different rig than usual. If you want to send me this specific anim on my twitter or something, I can look into it and see if that's the case.

ModmeBot:

Collie
Well, I can't say for sure since I don't have AW and can't view those anims myself. I've never seen the arms appear in those positions though, so it might be safe to say that it uses a different rig than usual. If you want to send me this specific anim on my twitter or something, I can look into it and see if that's the case.

Sent on twitter

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

having this issue with the new rig only, its causing the notetracks not to port over from seanims using the latest seanim plugin and W4 anims

joint -n "j_index_le_3"; joint -n "j_index_ri_3";

scob gave me this to get around it

Collie:

Thank you for making me aware of this Harry, I have updated the download to fix the issue.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Taven
First thing I look up upon my return to bo3 tools is to see if the rig got updated. It did. I am very impressed. Great job!

sleahyz:

This is amazing - thank you