Modme Forums

John Burnette’s weapon ports

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: itznvy
Hi, i've decided to release some of John Burnette's ports, for now, just to see how this goes. I love helping the community so here you go.
Black ops 3 der eisendrache camo supported! (haven't tested the other camos). Note: These ports are for Call of Duty Black ops 3

M240b:
Download

M1 Garand (v1.1): -1.1 fixed a file path issue. GDT now fixed!
Download

MG42: Fixed the GDT!
Download

Enjoy! Please let me know of any issues
All Credits go to John Burnette!

John's Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWcH5NaRiLbJNWERk5TRQEQ

John's Twitter- https://twitter.com/jurnettebohn39

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

D-2-K
have a look at m240_pap_fire.wav theres a line of code for user aliases but no such file exists in the sound folder

my bad forgot a file will update it asap

ModmeBot:

fixed

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
ok ill check your port out the morn thanks man

No problem!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt
I've never heard of the M240b. Is it a MW2 gun?

Edit: Saw it when i opened the instructions.... xD

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PaulMcWafflez
Lovely Port, thank you for it - If you continue to support John's ports, Im sure he would be proud that you're behind its continuation. Thanks again, itzenvy

ModmeBot:

PaulMcWafflez
Lovely Port, thank you for it - If you continue to support John's ports, Im sure he would be proud that you're behind its continuation. Thanks again, itzenvy

Your welcome i try to help the community the best i can. I actually have another weapon coming soon

ModmeBot:

Just letting everyone know that i will more than likely be releasing 2 more weapon ports to this post this weekend.

ModmeBot:

UPDATE: Added M1 Garand from Call of Duty World at War

ModmeBot:

UPDATE: Added MG42 from Call of Duty World at War

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild
I'm not trying to be a dick but can you just explain this post to me? I don't get why you're passing these off as your weapons but then saying all credit goes to John Burnette. Why release things that aren't yours. Also your post was made on June 6th. But on May 11th John actually released around 100 of his weapons, including the ones you added to this post. So again, I am not trying to be a dick but why did you make this post?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: M5_Prodigy

AGC
I'm not trying to be a dick but can you just explain this post to me? I don't get why you're passing these off as your weapons but then saying all credit goes to John Burnette. Why release things that aren't yours. Also your post was made on June 6th. But on May 11th John actually released around 100 of his weapons, including the ones you added to this post. So again, I am not trying to be a dick but why did you make this post?

I kinda find this post useful i knew john and he wasn't the most organized person his release was no different. This post helps with that crap by organizing the GDT. and its other files but i won't lie i wish his credit was bigger then just his name being typed normally with a red font. Just a friendly note for everyone reading this from some other time period, Remember we don't actually own any of the guns that get ported Activision does.

ModmeBot:

M5_Prodigy
AGC I'm not trying to be a dick but can you just explain this post to me? I don't get why you're passing these off as your weapons but then saying all credit goes to John Burnette. Why release things that aren't yours. Also your post was made on June 6th. But on May 11th John actually released around 100 of his weapons, including the ones you added to this post. So again, I am not trying to be a dick but why did you make this post? I kinda find this post useful i knew john and he wasn't the most organized person his release was no different. This post helps with that crap by organizing the GDT. and its other files but i won't lie i wish his credit was bigger then just his name being typed normally with a red font. Just a friendly note for everyone reading this from some other time period, Remember we don't actually own any of the guns that get ported Activision does.

Obviously it's Activision's property but still John did all the work to port them. And it's not the credit to him that's the problem to me. The problem is that itznvy is passing it off as his. The title of the post is "itznvy's weapons" and if you download the MG42 for example it's called "itznvy's MG42". That's the problem, that hes passing them off as his when all he did was organize each weapon which I understand is a very helpful thing, but at the same time anyone with more than 10 minutes used on a computer should be able to organize them. If you download John's pack of the 100 weapons it takes 2 extra minutes to organize it so you have just 1 weapon. Does that make sense? I am so bad at wording lol. But that's my concern with this post is that he is reuploading someone else's work, passing it off mostly as his own when all he is doing is 2 minutes worth or organization and I just don't get the point of it.

ModmeBot:

AGC
M5_Prodigy AGC I'm not trying to be a dick but can you just explain this post to me? I don't get why you're passing these off as your weapons but then saying all credit goes to John Burnette. Why release things that aren't yours. Also your post was made on June 6th. But on May 11th John actually released around 100 of his weapons, including the ones you added to this post. So again, I am not trying to be a dick but why did you make this post? I kinda find this post useful i knew john and he wasn't the most organized person his release was no different. This post helps with that crap by organizing the GDT. and its other files but i won't lie i wish his credit was bigger then just his name being typed normally with a red font. Just a friendly note for everyone reading this from some other time period, Remember we don't actually own any of the guns that get ported Activision does. Obviously it's Activision's property but still John did all the work to port them. And it's not the credit to him that's the problem to me. The problem is that itznvy is passing it off as his. The title of the post is "itznvy's weapons" and if you download the MG42 for example it's called "itznvy's MG42". That's the problem, that hes passing them off as his when all he did was organize each weapon which I understand is a very helpful thing, but at the same time anyone with more than 10 minutes used on a computer should be able to organize them. If you download John's pack of the 100 weapons it takes 2 extra minutes to organize it so you have just 1 weapon. Does that make sense? I am so bad at wording lol. But that's my concern with this post is that he is reuploading someone else's work, passing it off mostly as his own when all he is doing is 2 minutes worth or organization and I just don't get the point of it.

No need to hate but i will change it. I just sent a sound fix for john. He said he didn't know the fix. If you want i can remove all post and make it where the community can't have it. Im giving John all the credit. I can't change the title that's for a mod. And if you don't want me to post them, honestly just don't download them. I will discuss this with John

ModmeBot:

Actually Nevermind John Burnette did give me permission to post these weapons, he said it's fine as long as they are not the broken waw weapons. He thinks im supporting his work and that's what im doing. Give me other ways to credit him and i will do so.

ModmeBot:

itznvy
AGC M5_Prodigy AGC I'm not trying to be a dick but can you just explain this post to me? I don't get why you're passing these off as your weapons but then saying all credit goes to John Burnette. Why release things that aren't yours. Also your post was made on June 6th. But on May 11th John actually released around 100 of his weapons, including the ones you added to this post. So again, I am not trying to be a dick but why did you make this post? I kinda find this post useful i knew john and he wasn't the most organized person his release was no different. This post helps with that crap by organizing the GDT. and its other files but i won't lie i wish his credit was bigger then just his name being typed normally with a red font. Just a friendly note for everyone reading this from some other time period, Remember we don't actually own any of the guns that get ported Activision does. Obviously it's Activision's property but still John did all the work to port them. And it's not the credit to him that's the problem to me. The problem is that itznvy is passing it off as his. The title of the post is "itznvy's weapons" and if you download the MG42 for example it's called "itznvy's MG42". That's the problem, that hes passing them off as his when all he did was organize each weapon which I understand is a very helpful thing, but at the same time anyone with more than 10 minutes used on a computer should be able to organize them. If you download John's pack of the 100 weapons it takes 2 extra minutes to organize it so you have just 1 weapon. Does that make sense? I am so bad at wording lol. But that's my concern with this post is that he is reuploading someone else's work, passing it off mostly as his own when all he is doing is 2 minutes worth or organization and I just don't get the point of it. No need to hate but i will change it. I just sent a sound fix for john. He said he didn't know the fix. If you want i can remove all post and make it where the community can't have it. Im giving John all the credit. I can't change the title that's for a mod. And if you don't want me to post them, honestly just don't download them. I will discuss this with John

I'm not trying to hate I just don't understand why you are taking a weapon pack that is meant to be installed all together, and then reuploading them individually for organization. It just doesn't make sense because the reason the weapons aren't organized in the first place is because again, the pack is meant to be installed all together. I'm not saying to remove your post but I just don't get all of what I mentioned and then why you are saying it's your weapons. I get you say all credit goes to john but still. "Organization" isn't something that changes someone's work to your own release. If I had a suggestion what I would do is fix the things that you are fixing, talk to John, help him fix and organize his pack and then you two create a new post together with a download to an updated, fixed weapon pack with credit given to you both and then obviously all the companies that created the weapons. Again I am not trying to hate or anything I'm just confused and want to make this more logical if that makes sense.

ModmeBot:

AGC
itznvy AGC M5_Prodigy AGC I'm not trying to be a dick but can you just explain this post to me? I don't get why you're passing these off as your weapons but then saying all credit goes to John Burnette. Why release things that aren't yours. Also your post was made on June 6th. But on May 11th John actually released around 100 of his weapons, including the ones you added to this post. So again, I am not trying to be a dick but why did you make this post? I kinda find this post useful i knew john and he wasn't the most organized person his release was no different. This post helps with that crap by organizing the GDT. and its other files but i won't lie i wish his credit was bigger then just his name being typed normally with a red font. Just a friendly note for everyone reading this from some other time period, Remember we don't actually own any of the guns that get ported Activision does. Obviously it's Activision's property but still John did all the work to port them. And it's not the credit to him that's the problem to me. The problem is that itznvy is passing it off as his. The title of the post is "itznvy's weapons" and if you download the MG42 for example it's called "itznvy's MG42". That's the problem, that hes passing them off as his when all he did was organize each weapon which I understand is a very helpful thing, but at the same time anyone with more than 10 minutes used on a computer should be able to organize them. If you download John's pack of the 100 weapons it takes 2 extra minutes to organize it so you have just 1 weapon. Does that make sense? I am so bad at wording lol. But that's my concern with this post is that he is reuploading someone else's work, passing it off mostly as his own when all he is doing is 2 minutes worth or organization and I just don't get the point of it. No need to hate but i will change it. I just sent a sound fix for john. He said he didn't know the fix. If you want i can remove all post and make it where the community can't have it. Im giving John all the credit. I can't change the title that's for a mod. And if you don't want me to post them, honestly just don't download them. I will discuss this with John I'm not trying to hate I just don't understand why you are taking a weapon pack that is meant to be installed all together, and then reuploading them individually for organization. It just doesn't make sense because the reason the weapons aren't organized in the first place is because again, the pack is meant to be installed all together. I'm not saying to remove your post but I just don't get all of what I mentioned and then why you are saying it's your weapons. I get you say all credit goes to john but still. "Organization" isn't something that changes someone's work to your own release. If I had a suggestion what I would do is fix the things that you are fixing, talk to John, help him fix and organize his pack and then you two create a new post together with a download to an updated, fixed weapon pack with credit given to you both and then obviously all the companies that created the weapons. Again I am not trying to hate or anything I'm just confused and want to make this more logical if that makes sense.

He said that alot of the weapons are broken. I will fix it. I will make it a pack later on.
Can a mod please change the title of this topic to John Burnette's weapon ports please

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Mindmirror
Yes, they are broken. There is no M1Garand and no MG42 in the WaW_ports.gdt.

ModmeBot:

Mindmirror
Yes, they are broken. There is no M1Garand and no MG42 in the WaW_ports.gdt.

Whoops! My bad, i will fix it around 1:00 est. (when i get home from work). I accidentally put the wrong GDT.

ModmeBot:

Okay I Fixed the GDT's for the MG42 and the M1 Garand, if you have downloaded them before please download these and delete the WaW_ports.gdt that was in these files before. Then just reinstall them with the new files.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K
dam i was hyped to finally see the mg42 but alas it was not to be :( needs a little tweaking animation from sprint to walk does this strange thing where the gun starts to straighten up from sprint then repeats a little b4 actually straightening up

also needs tweaked a little in fire power its week as hell :(

nice try though hey i cant port weaps so im not judging just letting you know of the issues i found

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
dam i was hyped to finally see the mg42 but alas it was not to be :( needs a little tweaking animation from sprint to walk does this strange thing where the gun starts to straighten up from sprint then repeats a little b4 actually straightening up also needs tweaked a little in fire power its week as hell :( nice try though hey i cant port weaps so im not judging just letting you know of the issues i found

Yeah i know about the animation, it happens with all of the waw guns, haven't figured out a way to fix it, sorry. As of the damage if you want you can just go in ape from the launcher and search mg42 in the gdt search bar and find the file "mg42", click on that then search damage in the top right, then you'll see damage range 1 (max) then just change that to your liking. I may re-upload it with a damage buff, i've done it myself but i might just upload it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

itznvy
D-2-K dam i was hyped to finally see the mg42 but alas it was not to be :( needs a little tweaking animation from sprint to walk does this strange thing where the gun starts to straighten up from sprint then repeats a little b4 actually straightening up also needs tweaked a little in fire power its week as hell :( nice try though hey i cant port weaps so im not judging just letting you know of the issues i found Yeah i know about the animation, it happens with all of the waw guns, haven't figured out a way to fix it, sorry. As of the damage if you want you can just go in ape from the launcher and search mg42 in the gdt search bar and find the file "mg42", click on that then search damage in the top right, then you'll see damage range 1 (max) then just change that to your liking. I may re-upload it with a damage buff, i've done it myself but i might just upload it.

meh i might do its kinda good to see it again however getting this issue also
^1Effect 'fx/hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit.efx' not found

fx:hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit
weapon:mg42
csv:zone_source/zm_deathpark.zone

ill remove it for the time being but also keep an eye out for future updates

was also thinking Zeroy had it in his map as an alternative to the minigun power drop he may be able to give you a solution to the animation issue

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
itznvy D-2-K dam i was hyped to finally see the mg42 but alas it was not to be :( needs a little tweaking animation from sprint to walk does this strange thing where the gun starts to straighten up from sprint then repeats a little b4 actually straightening up also needs tweaked a little in fire power its week as hell :( nice try though hey i cant port weaps so im not judging just letting you know of the issues i found Yeah i know about the animation, it happens with all of the waw guns, haven't figured out a way to fix it, sorry. As of the damage if you want you can just go in ape from the launcher and search mg42 in the gdt search bar and find the file "mg42", click on that then search damage in the top right, then you'll see damage range 1 (max) then just change that to your liking. I may re-upload it with a damage buff, i've done it myself but i might just upload it. meh i might do its kinda good to see it again however getting this issue also ^1Effect 'fx/hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit.efx' not found fx:hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit weapon:mg42 csv:zone_source/zm_deathpark.zone ill remove it for the time being but also keep an eye out for future updates was also thinking Zeroy had it in his map as an alternative to the minigun power drop he may be able to give you a solution to the animation issue

Actually i think i may have found it. I looked in ape turns out it doesn't have a sprint loop set or a sprint in, and sprint out. Maybe because it didn't have one. I can try to see if zeroy knows anything. As of now i can't fix the sprint. I plan to update them maybe Later today. I might release another one of John's ports. John told me that alot of the waw weapons had issues, i released the 2 i noticed didn't have many.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

itznvy
D-2-K itznvy D-2-K dam i was hyped to finally see the mg42 but alas it was not to be :( needs a little tweaking animation from sprint to walk does this strange thing where the gun starts to straighten up from sprint then repeats a little b4 actually straightening up also needs tweaked a little in fire power its week as hell :( nice try though hey i cant port weaps so im not judging just letting you know of the issues i found Yeah i know about the animation, it happens with all of the waw guns, haven't figured out a way to fix it, sorry. As of the damage if you want you can just go in ape from the launcher and search mg42 in the gdt search bar and find the file "mg42", click on that then search damage in the top right, then you'll see damage range 1 (max) then just change that to your liking. I may re-upload it with a damage buff, i've done it myself but i might just upload it. meh i might do its kinda good to see it again however getting this issue also ^1Effect 'fx/hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit.efx' not found fx:hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit weapon:mg42 csv:zone_source/zm_deathpark.zone ill remove it for the time being but also keep an eye out for future updates was also thinking Zeroy had it in his map as an alternative to the minigun power drop he may be able to give you a solution to the animation issue Actually i think i may have found it. I looked in ape turns out it doesn't have a sprint loop set or a sprint in, and sprint out. Maybe because it didn't have one. I can try to see if zeroy knows anything. As of now i can't fix the sprint. I plan to update them maybe Later today. I might release another one of John's ports. John told me that alot of the waw weapons had issues, i released the 2 i noticed didn't have many.

It's because WaW didn't use sprint_animations, it used settings in weaponfile to rotate, bob, etc.

What I did is used Infinite Warfare's sprints, as they only animate tag_ads, I could do them quick and send them to you.

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
itznvy D-2-K itznvy D-2-K dam i was hyped to finally see the mg42 but alas it was not to be :( needs a little tweaking animation from sprint to walk does this strange thing where the gun starts to straighten up from sprint then repeats a little b4 actually straightening up also needs tweaked a little in fire power its week as hell :( nice try though hey i cant port weaps so im not judging just letting you know of the issues i found Yeah i know about the animation, it happens with all of the waw guns, haven't figured out a way to fix it, sorry. As of the damage if you want you can just go in ape from the launcher and search mg42 in the gdt search bar and find the file "mg42", click on that then search damage in the top right, then you'll see damage range 1 (max) then just change that to your liking. I may re-upload it with a damage buff, i've done it myself but i might just upload it. meh i might do its kinda good to see it again however getting this issue also ^1Effect 'fx/hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit.efx' not found fx:hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit weapon:mg42 csv:zone_source/zm_deathpark.zone ill remove it for the time being but also keep an eye out for future updates was also thinking Zeroy had it in his map as an alternative to the minigun power drop he may be able to give you a solution to the animation issue Actually i think i may have found it. I looked in ape turns out it doesn't have a sprint loop set or a sprint in, and sprint out. Maybe because it didn't have one. I can try to see if zeroy knows anything. As of now i can't fix the sprint. I plan to update them maybe Later today. I might release another one of John's ports. John told me that alot of the waw weapons had issues, i released the 2 i noticed didn't have many. It's because WaW didn't use sprint_animations, it used settings in weaponfile to rotate, bob, etc. What I did is used Infinite Warfare's sprints, as they only animate tag_ads, I could do them quick and send them to you.

That would be appreciated I can work on it later when I get home

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
itznvy D-2-K itznvy D-2-K dam i was hyped to finally see the mg42 but alas it was not to be :( needs a little tweaking animation from sprint to walk does this strange thing where the gun starts to straighten up from sprint then repeats a little b4 actually straightening up also needs tweaked a little in fire power its week as hell :( nice try though hey i cant port weaps so im not judging just letting you know of the issues i found Yeah i know about the animation, it happens with all of the waw guns, haven't figured out a way to fix it, sorry. As of the damage if you want you can just go in ape from the launcher and search mg42 in the gdt search bar and find the file "mg42", click on that then search damage in the top right, then you'll see damage range 1 (max) then just change that to your liking. I may re-upload it with a damage buff, i've done it myself but i might just upload it. meh i might do its kinda good to see it again however getting this issue also ^1Effect 'fx/hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit.efx' not found fx:hit_fx/fx_shellejects_rifle_hit weapon:mg42 csv:zone_source/zm_deathpark.zone ill remove it for the time being but also keep an eye out for future updates was also thinking Zeroy had it in his map as an alternative to the minigun power drop he may be able to give you a solution to the animation issue Actually i think i may have found it. I looked in ape turns out it doesn't have a sprint loop set or a sprint in, and sprint out. Maybe because it didn't have one. I can try to see if zeroy knows anything. As of now i can't fix the sprint. I plan to update them maybe Later today. I might release another one of John's ports. John told me that alot of the waw weapons had issues, i released the 2 i noticed didn't have many. It's because WaW didn't use sprint_animations, it used settings in weaponfile to rotate, bob, etc. What I did is used Infinite Warfare's sprints, as they only animate tag_ads, I could do them quick and send them to you.

That would be appreciated I can work on it later when I get home

ModmeBot:

Reply By: M5_Prodigy
Nice itznvy's weapon ports is the title again and now there's a link to the original creator,Great Crediting. I bet you spent hours Porting them,getting the sounds,finding correct textures,rigging,jointing, and who could forget the endless drag and dropping.

ModmeBot:

M5_Prodigy
Nice itznvy's weapon ports is the title again and now there's a link to the original creator,Great Crediting. I bet you spent hours Porting them,getting the sounds,finding correct textures,rigging,jointing, and who could forget the endless drag and dropping.

Im taking no credit for this. All i did was fix sounds or anims. I can't change the title btw

ModmeBot:

Reply By: cjgfrosty
Do these have slide anims?

ModmeBot:

cjgfrosty
Do these have slide anims?

No not yet ;)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: 1CrazyGamer
do the aks74u if you do thanks