Modme Forums

Kino box locator

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: mathfag
Box locator like in kino. Shows where the box is by playing effects on models which you need to arrange yourself. Instructions are in the download package.

Download

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Tmo516
is this for world at war?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

Tmo516
is this for world at war?

no, black ops 3

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Crazydude55
nice job!

ModmeBot:

tygo246
Trigger is up and running and tells that the song is playing however there is no sound

Wrong post man

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tygo246

mathfag
tygo246 Trigger is up and running and tells that the song is playing however there is no sound Wrong post man

Sorry my bad qq commented on the jukebox

ModmeBot:

Reply By: gorodkroviguy
thanks!, putting this on my map

ModmeBot:

Reply By: hubigygjjik
Sorry for bothering but can you make a tutorial for this?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

hubigygjjik
Sorry for bothering but can you make a tutorial for this?

"Instructions are in the download package."

ModmeBot:

Reply By: hubigygjjik

Abnormal202
hubigygjjik Sorry for bothering but can you make a tutorial for this? "Instructions are in the download package."

Yeah man sorry, im a little new and i don't understand the instructions :/

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase
How do you make/customize the efx light files like what was used for the lights on this? Was looking it up and everything but I can't find it anywhere. Sorry if it is obvious.

ModmeBot:

ltschase
How do you make/customize the efx light files like what was used for the lights on this? Was looking it up and everything but I can't find it anywhere. Sorry if it is obvious.

In the instructions is says this
#define BOX_LIGHT "custom/Light/lightbulb_green_box"

change
custom/Light/lightbulb_green_box
to your effect and add it to the zone file

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase

mathfag
ltschase How do you make/customize the efx light files like what was used for the lights on this? Was looking it up and everything but I can't find it anywhere. Sorry if it is obvious. In the instructions is says this #define BOX_LIGHT "custom/Light/lightbulb_green_box" change custom/Light/lightbulb_green_box to your effect and add it to the zone file

I think that I understand how to get that to work, can basically just copy that same formula. My question was more about how to make or edit those fx files because it's not done in APE as far as I can tell. So this fx is a green light, but how would I make an fx file that is a different color light for example.

ModmeBot:

ltschase
mathfag ltschase How do you make/customize the efx light files like what was used for the lights on this? Was looking it up and everything but I can't find it anywhere. Sorry if it is obvious. In the instructions is says this #define BOX_LIGHT "custom/Light/lightbulb_green_box" change custom/Light/lightbulb_green_box to your effect and add it to the zone file I think that I understand how to get that to work, can basically just copy that same formula. My question was more about how to make or edit those fx files because it's not done in APE as far as I can tell. So this fx is a green light, but how would I make an fx file that is a different color light for example.

These 3 tabs in radiant will be your friends

Click on your effect, then in FX Outline choose which part of the effect you want to manipulate. In this case you only have 1 (Light (Name of the part)).

Then go into FX Properties/Visuals and make sure it's set to Dynamic Light. If you're starting from scratch make sure the spawn and death times are set up in Generation

Finally go into FX Graph. Select Color and change it. Pull the black dots to change the color from the beginning of its lifespan to the end. You can middleclick in between to add points (and select+backspace to delete them). You can also click on the bar at the bottom to choose from the palette.