Modme Forums

Wild’s Advanced ZM Template

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Wild
<h5 style="text-align:center;">Wild's Advanced ZM Template! </h5>
<h3 style="text-align:center;">Please feel free to request features that you'd like to see in this template!</h3>

About:

- My advanced ZM template is a modified version of the default ZM template given to us with the mod tools. This template fixes things such as the mystery box, perk machine lights and sounds, and it also sets up files for you such as the zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv file for you to be able to add custom weapons to your map. Over time I hope to update this template and add as many things as I feel fit that will allow you to simply create a new level and get straight to mapping without having to worry about fixing all the bugs that are in the default ZM template.

NOTE:

- Instructions are included in the download.

- You shouldn't have to overwrite anything while installing this. If it asks you to overwrite something, do it. It would only ask you if you have one of the things provided in this template installed already, meaning that if it asks you to overwrite something, you should.

- This template will be receiving updates overtime. When you update you can not use a map that you've already made, unless you know what you're doing and can copy updated code into your map if it's needed. Other than that, when you update the template just create a new map like the instructions say.

- All prefabs used in this template (other than the perk machines and all the default stuff from Treyarch) can be found in the Prefab Browser under _prefabs/_Wild/Advanced ZM Template Prefabs

Extra Info (May not have every feature listed):

- I've created a new template map that generates when you make a new map. This map contains 5 mystery box locations, all perk machines and the gobblegum machine, every wall buy provided with the mod tools, the zombie actor with a find_flesh struct, a zombie barrier with a corresponding struct, a dog actor with a dog_spawn struct, and more to come!

- Dog rounds are set up automatically. There is no longer a need to copy the dog actor from another map.

- The mystery box is now fully functional.

- Perk machine lights are now working correctly.

- Perk machine sounds are all working correctly.

- Gamedata folder containing your map's zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv is automatically generated when you create a new map so you can add custom weapons to your map without dealing with getting the file into your map's folder first.

Credits:

- Wild (Creating the template, editing the template map and providing some assesets, setting up the gamedata folder and files so you can use custom weapons)

- DTZxPorter (Fixing the mystery box, fixing perk machine sounds)

- HarryBo21 (Fixing the mystery box, fixing perk machine sounds)

- RudySPG (Fixing perk machine lights)

- Wardog (Fixing perk machine lights)

- Treyarch (Mod Tools and original templates)

-{---Download---}-

Download

Updates:

- 1/15/18 - V1.0 - Initial Release

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
- HarryBo21 (Fixing the mystery box, fixing perk machine sounds, fixing perk machine lights)

- Wardog (Fixing perk machine lights)

you wot

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

Harry Bo21
- HarryBo21 (Fixing the mystery box, fixing perk machine sounds, fixing perk machine lights) - Wardog (Fixing perk machine lights) you wot

dont forget RudySPG (Fixing perk machine lights) also :)

and don't forget he added more assesets lol

im just having fun not trying to annoy you Wild ;)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild
So you're complaining that I gave people credit? The point of this template is so people can create a new map and start mapping without spending all their time fixing everything themselves. And the assets I put under my name aren't in the template yet. I'm working on fixing some textures and sounds and also creating things like wallbuys for every weapon, not just what Treyarch gave us. That's what I was referring to but they aren't added yet obviously. But since you guys completely missed the point of this template and are upset that I gave you credit, sorry I guess?

ModmeBot:

Wild
So you're complaining that I gave people credit? The point of this template is so people can create a new map and start mapping without spending all their time fixing everything themselves. And the assets I put under my name aren't in the template yet. I'm working on fixing some textures and sounds and also creating things like wallbuys for every weapon, not just what Treyarch gave us. That's what I was referring to but they aren't added yet obviously. But since you guys completely missed the point of this template and are upset that I gave you credit, sorry I guess?

no, im saying "one of us" fixed the lights not all 3....

ModmeBot:

I was just going off of the credit list on Rudy's post so that's my bad. So just to confirm, it was only you?

ModmeBot:

Wild
I was just going off of the credit list on Rudy's post so that's my bad. So just to confirm, it was only you?

depends which "fix" your using

him and wardog made the exploders work

i instead made the "fx" lights work

if you are not using my perks, odds are you have the exploders

ModmeBot:

Yeah, I'm not using your perks. So I'll change that on the post and in the download as soon as I'm home

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Skelemberg
Thanks you :D

Chroma:

The ppsh is still silent for me.

Wild:

The ppsh is still silent for me.

Hey I just upgraded my PC so I finally have enough room for Mod Tools after not using them for a year or so. Going through my old projects, this one included, and I'll be updating them all soon. So thanks for letting me know I'll take a look at it :)

Chroma:

Hey I just upgraded my PC so I finally have enough room for Mod Tools after not using them for a year or so. Going through my old projects, this one included, and I'll be updating them all soon. So thanks for letting me know I'll take a look at it :)

I feel that. I've had to order a new ssd to fit it, it's like 400gb on mine 😅

Wild:

I feel that. I've had to order a new ssd to fit it, it's like 400gb on mine 😅

Haha yeah we need so much space! I got a new PC last year but it only had a 500gb m.2 and Modern Warfare and Half-Life: Alyx basically took all that up. Finally got a 4tb drive so I'll be good until I get enough to upgrade my rig fully, I hope by the end of the year!

Chroma:

Haha yeah we need so much space! I got a new PC last year but it only had a 500gb m.2 and Modern Warfare and Half-Life: Alyx basically took all that up. Finally got a 4tb drive so I'll be good until I get enough to upgrade my rig fully, I hope by the end of the year!

I just bought a 4tb toshiba drive, and need to return it. Don't buy toshiba drives, unless your computer is soundproof.

Wild:

I just bought a 4tb toshiba drive, and need to return it. Don't buy toshiba drives, unless your computer is soundproof.

Hey I'm working on the template today, have you noticed any other missing sounds or just for the ppsh? I only noticed the ppsh but didnt get through every gun

Chroma:

That's the only one I noticed straight away, and it's usually the only missing one in other "fixes".

KINGSLAYER:

Hey I'm working on the template today, have you noticed any other missing sounds or just for the ppsh? I only noticed the ppsh but didnt get through every gun

Why don't you just copy every line from the dump with the string "ppsh", "perk" and so on

If you've been copying sound aliases one by one I do feel sorry for you

Wild:

Why don't you just copy every line from the dump with the string "ppsh", "perk" and so on

If you've been copying sound aliases one by one I do feel sorry for you

Are you talking about dumps like THIS? I copied them all and ripped the sounds yeah but if you're talking about something else I'll take a look if you give me a link. My big issue wasn't the aliases. Those worked fine with random sounds, it's just the actual ppsh .wav sound files wouldn't play so that's what I was going to take a look at fixing in audacity or something

Harry Bo21:

dont use that... extract the "actual" aliases with hydra

KINGSLAYER:

Are you talking about dumps like THIS? I copied them all and ripped the sounds yeah but if you're talking about something else I'll take a look if you give me a link. My big issue wasn't the aliases. Those worked fine with random sounds, it's just the actual ppsh .wav sound files wouldn't play so that's what I was going to take a look at fixing in audacity or something

No, that's old af..

As Harry said, HydraX.. Then go to your dump and you'll have several CSV files with all aliases from the map you dumped.. then find a handy program that can select all lines that include a string such as "perk"

Notepad++ can do this. Then you can copy them to your alias file.

Oh & the reason the PPSH sounds probably don't work is because one alias sometimes has multiple entrys and you need to copy them all.

That's why using stuff like the link you posted isn't a good idea since it's way outdated and may be missing stuff

Wild:

No, that's old af..

As Harry said, HydraX.. Then go to your dump and you'll have several CSV files with all aliases from the map you dumped.. then find a handy program that can select all lines that include a string such as "perk"

Notepad++ can do this. Then you can copy them to your alias file.

Oh & the reason the PPSH sounds probably don't work is because one alias sometimes has multiple entrys and you need to copy them all.

That's why using stuff like the link you posted isn't a good idea since it's way outdated and may be missing stuff

Makes sense, like I mentioned above I'm just getting back into this after a good year haha so thanks for the help. Yeah I have Sublime so I'm set on that but I'll use Hydra to get those. Pretty much remaking or looking over to update what was already in the template. If you guys have any suggestions of things to add, or know any updated methods to what's already done like the perk lights let me know, thanks guys