Modme Forums

HarryBo21 and Symbo’s traps for bo3

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Symbo
Hey guys! Hope you have a good time modding!

I want to be sure everyone knows there is many traps available (4 new incridible ones today) for your creations in the wiki:
http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/black_ops_3/basics/setup_traps/

second link until, hopefully, the wiki is back:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fEcJeC_qipm4KGW3SgLBmT2UV5XadTLP/view?usp=sharing

<ol>

• Electric Trap

• Fire Trap

• Turret Trap

• Flogger Trap

• Centrifuge Trap

• Flinger Trap

• Chain Trap

• Acid Trap

• Fan Trap

• Gate Trap

</ol>
    And i made a tutorial about how to install them and suggest some features:

• ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K
    great work guys i jumped onto the wiki after seeing Harry's video on the template update,

i did get an error in radiant after installing them the acid trap shares animations with the blundergat gdt but was easy to fix in APE

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

D-2-K
    great work guys i jumped onto the wiki after seeing Harry's video on the template update, i did get an error in radiant after installing them the acid trap shares animations with the blundergat gdt but was easy to fix in APE

yea i moved them from the blundergat, delete them from your blundergat GDT

fantastic video by symbo!

ModmeBot:

Yeah it was his patter is awesome always chuckle at the way he talks you through what to do lol "if you don't know your alphabet what are you doing modding" lmao

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
    Yeah it was his patter is awesome always chuckle at the way he talks you through what to do lol "if you don't know your alphabet what are you doing modding" lmao

lol yea hes hilarious

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TCM
    Nice work to the both of you putting it into a test map, Inside the folder you named the

share\raw\sound\aliases

In the folder you gave its

share\raw\sounds\aliases

Other then what looks to be a simple typo, This is really cool and good looking +1 :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls
    Symbo you've been crazy recently!

I've recently took a break from modding a prob won't be back until this June when school ends for me, but when I do come back, I plan to help the community out like you are

well first I'm gonna have to work on Group 115 Manor with -Reaper- but I plan to help on my spare time :)

ModmeBot:

TCM
    Nice work to the both of you putting it into a test map, Inside the folder you named the share\raw\sound\aliases In the folder you gave its share\raw\sounds\aliases Other then what looks to be a simple typo, This is really cool and good looking +1 :)

fixed download

ModmeBot:

Idk if its just me the second I stamp the prefab it says its unavailable.

ModmeBot:

DON'T stamp the prefab you can enter the kvp on the prefab its self WATCH the Tutorial

ModmeBot:

D-2-K
    DON'T stamp the prefab you can enter the kvp on the prefab its self WATCH the Tutorial

Well I kinda needed to move the stuff around to where I liked/wanted it at, I figured it out on my own though, How would I go about doing a custom HintString on them? Through the prefab as well?

ModmeBot:

TCM
    D-2-K DON'T stamp the prefab you can enter the kvp on the prefab its self WATCH the Tutorial Well I kinda needed to move the stuff around to where I liked/wanted it at, I figured it out on my own though, How would I go about doing a custom HintString on them? Through the prefab as well?

then click "enter prefab show all" so you can still see the map... ( or press F9... )

stamping the prefab messes up the target / targetname kvps. Youll have to put them back manually if you stamp

ModmeBot:

I entered the prefab and set a hint string but it doesn't use the custom one I set. I am trying to set one so they know the traps name that's being activated

ModmeBot:

because the hintstrings are scripted

3arcs script sets it to whatever it says

then when used sets it to the "in use" string

then sets it to the "cooling down" string

then sets it back to the "hold F to use cost" string

youd need to edit their script

I thought you "knew your shit" about GSC scripting?

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
    because the hintstrings are scripted 3arcs script sets it to whatever it saysthen when used sets it to the "in use" stringthen sets it to the "cooling down" string then sets it back to the "hold F to use cost" string youd need to edit their script I thought you "knew your shit" about GSC scripting?

I aplogize that Bo2 MP didn't really use hintstrings, That and I am able to mess with other hint strings figured I could, Thanks for your time though.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MyNameIsNobody
    is there a way to keep the traps from harming bosses (Brutus, Napalm, Shreaker)?

ModmeBot:

MyNameIsNobody
    is there a way to keep the traps from harming bosses (Brutus, Napalm, Shreaker)?

we added optional overrides in each trap

eg :

check the scripts for the variables, set them as true on your ai and ill be ignored by the trap code

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MyNameIsNobody
    Thanks!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AdamuzSystems
    Broken link :(

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Symbo
    new link

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AdamuzSystems

Symbo
    new link

Thankss!

Brodie3750:

am i the only one who this doesnt work for at all?
    have followed the tuts step by step and not only does radiant not pickup the sound aliases, the traps dont even show up in game after compiling

Vitzeee:

am i the only one who this doesnt work for at all?
    have followed the tuts step by step and not only does radiant not pickup the sound aliases, the traps dont even show up in game after compiling

were you able to fix the sounds? my trap shows up in game but i have the same problem with sounds as you

Brodie3750:

were you able to fix the sounds? my trap shows up in game but i have the same problem with sounds as you

hey yeah it did end up working butdidn’t do anything special to fix it.
    I started a new map and it worked so not sure

Vitzeee:

hey yeah it did end up working butdidn’t do anything special to fix it.
    I started a new map and it worked so not sure

guess im just not installing it right then.

Brodie3750:

guess im just not installing it right then.

My memory might be failing me though cause I spent a solid while trying to get it working but it was a little while back

if I can retrace my steps and figure out if I was missing something, I’ll shoot you a message or something

Vitzeee:

My memory might be failing me though cause I spent a solid while trying to get it working but it was a little while back

if I can retrace my steps and figure out if I was missing something, I’ll shoot you a message or something

alright thank you