Modme Forums

The Giant Voice Pack

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Scobalula:

Thread By: Scobalula

This will allow you to add the The Giant's voices into your Call of Duty: Black Ops III Map.

Download (make sure to download BOTH):

Audio Files (Updated 13/May/2018):

Download
String Tables, Power Script, and Aliases (Updated 13/May/2018):

Download
Credits:

• DTZxPorter - Wraith Archon

• RDV - Alias settings + vox csv loading

<h3>Step 1</h3>
<hr>
Begin by dragging all the files in the download into your Black Ops III root directory from both downloads.

<h3>Step 2</h3>
<hr>
Open your map's SZC file usually located in "Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_map_name\sound\zoneconfig".

Once open, add the following below the last entry, ensuring to adhere to the syntax of the file:

{
    "Type" : "ALIAS",
    "Name" : "zm_factory_vox",
    "Filename" : "zm_factory_vox.csv",
    "Specs" : [ ] 
},

You can use RDV's "Acoustix" app to assist with this, which includes SZC editing:

Download<h3>Step 3</h3>
<hr>
Open your map's Zone File (right click on it in Launcher and click "Edit Zone File") and add the following line:

stringtable,gamedata/audio/zm/zm_factory_vox.csv

Then add this line as well:

scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/_zm_power.gsc

<h3>Step 4</h3>
<hr>
Open your map's GSC file usually located in "Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_map_name\scripts\zm".

Once open find the line:

level thread zm_zonemgr::manage_zones( init_zones );

Add this below it:

level thread add_zm_vox();

Then add the following at the very bottom of the file, below the last function:

function add_zm_vox()
{
	zm_audio::loadPlayerVoiceCategories("gamedata/audio/zm/zm_factory_vox.csv");
}

<h3>Step 5</h3>
<hr>
Locate the following file:

Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\scripts\zm\_zm_power.gsc

Copy it to your map's scripts folder, usually located in:

Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_map_name\scripts\zm

Open it and locate the following line:

#using scripts\shared\util_shared;

Add this below it:

#using scripts\zm\_zm_audio;

Then locate the following lines:

// Power On
//---------
self SetHintString( &amp;"ZOMBIE_ELECTRIC_SWITCH" );

self SetVisibleToAll();
self waittill( "trigger", user );
self SetInvisibleToAll();

Add this below them:

user util::delay(3, undefined, &amp;zm_audio::create_and_play_dialog, "general", "power_on" );

A pre-edited version of _zm_power.gsc is included if you want to view it for reference/to replace yours.

<h3>Step 6</h3>
<hr>
Go to the following folder and open "zm_patch.csv":

Call of Duty Black Ops III\zone_source\all\assetlist

Locate the following line:

scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/_zm_power.gsc

Comment it by adding 2 forwards slashes at the start of the line so it looks like this:

// scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/_zm_power.gsc

A pre-edited version of zm_patch.csv is included if you want to view it for reference/to replace yours.

Then you can link your map, if you run into any fake sound errors like source checksum, keep an eye on your SAB files, once you notice the SABS size drastically increase, you should be good to go.

If you notice any errors/issues with anything in the pack, feel free to report it to me.

If there's a particular map's vox (aliases, sounds, and vox stringtable) let me know and I can attempt it for you. Do note if you request it and I complete it, it will be released for everyone to use.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death
guns guns guns

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Psh
how do i instal

// Psh Edit: not working with windows XP :(

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

Psh
how do i instal // Psh Edit: not working with windows XP :(

Have you tried turning it off and on again thx?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: GalaxyKitten
Step 5 provides an error with the line I need to add (an unrecoverable error)

Sorry if this ain't helpful, but maybe the instructions may of been wrong or a mistype? So I remove it, great, it compiles with some errors, and worse yet, no audio from the giant is added wasting a bunch of time.

ModmeBot:

GalaxyKitten
Step 5 provides an error with the line I need to add (an unrecoverable error) Sorry if this ain't helpful, but maybe the instructions may of been wrong or a mistype? So I remove it, great, it compiles with some errors, and worse yet, no audio from the giant is added wasting a bunch of time.

Can't do anything without the error you got, this has been used my multiple people with success, just like the SOE voices. Sorry for wasting your time by providing content for you to use in your projects.

There very well may be a mistype in the post but I imagine most people are competent enough to fix it themselves hence why no reports, but without a specific error from linker, I cannot help you.

It might be best to provide your edited power script too so I can see where you or I went wrong.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: GalaxyKitten

Scobalula
GalaxyKitten Step 5 provides an error with the line I need to add (an unrecoverable error) Sorry if this ain't helpful, but maybe the instructions may of been wrong or a mistype? So I remove it, great, it compiles with some errors, and worse yet, no audio from the giant is added wasting a bunch of time. Can't do anything without the error you got, this has been used my multiple people with success, just like the SOE voices. Sorry for wasting your time by providing content for you to use in your projects. There very well may be a mistype in the post but I imagine most people are competent enough to fix it themselves hence why no reports, but without a specific error from linker, I cannot help you. It might be best to provide your edited power script too so I can see where you or I went wrong.

I don't really want to go through the process of doing this all again to get the error.

The error occured on the code I inputted from step 5.

You can view my edited power script here >> https://pastebin.com/raw/mRsupjsR

NOTE > I apologize for sounding rude above, I was in a bit of a heated mood at the time from some other things. You created a highly detailed, professional tutorial on implementing the voices from the giant, you put a lot of time and effort to share this, and it probably did work for others. Thank you for this and for helping the community, please see about what may be the error, I just know something on this particular line caused it and everything worked fine when I removed it other then the vox not working.

There may be some files that aren't working because I am using harrybo21s perks & shrieker zombie. Thank you for your fast reply.

ModmeBot:

This has now been rectified in the original post, the script to include was not audio_shared but _zm_audio;, I imagine most people jumped to the included pre-edited script so it never caused an issue for most people. Thank you for the report.

sharpgamers4you:

do you also have the origins edition of this?

sharpgamers4you:

it says i need some sort of a sound converter

gamer rage:

How do you get the spawn quotes to work, like the field reports? None of them work for me

Swiftblade:

The String Tables, Power Script, and Aliases says this when I go to download it:

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
This could be due to the following reasons:
The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.

I am very excited to incorporate this voice pack into my map, but this is a roadblock that I have run into, that I don't know how to move. I thought about re-scripting the whole pack but I honestly have no idea how to do that. I did check out the sound files and they are awesome, great work! I was wondering if anyone could help me out, thank you.