Modme Forums

Harry Bo21 / Scobalula / DTZxPorter FX Library

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Harry Bo21
Harry Bo21 / Scobalula / DTZxPorter's Black Ops 3 FX Library!
<hr>
DOWNLOAD LINK
<hr>1.0.2
DownloadSCREENSHOTS
<hr>

INFO
<hr>

############################################################
# #
# HarryBo21's Black Ops 3 FX Library v1.0.1 #
# #
############################################################
============================================================
CREDITS
DTZxPorter - For Wraith which dumps the FX files and the materials / models used in them ( modme.co )
Scobalula - Made an app to patch the fx, to re-enable the secondary graphs and correct a bug, also another app to restore the original file structure ( https://github.com/Scobalula )
Raptroes - Monetary & emotional support, also heavily assists in the testing and locating of assets
Harry Bo21 - assisted in locating and reporting issues with the FX dumps, ported all the models and materials used in the FX and dumped / patched FX from all maps and gamemodes ( https://www.youtube.com/user/22HarryBo )

# How do I install this pack?

* Literally just drag the files from the download in to your Black Ops 3 directory ( model_export, share, source_data, texture_assets )

# What is this pack?

* This pack contains all the materials and models, that are used in Black Ops 3 fx dumped with wraith

# How do i use the FX?
* For just looking at them, or for map fx like fog, just place the fx in radiant using the fx browser
* For weapons etc in APE, like muzzleflashes and things you simply click the ( ... ) next to the fx field and navigate to the fx you want to use, and select it
* For scripts, you must include the fx in your zone ( fx,fxpath/fxname.efx ) and precache in GSC or CSC depending on which you are using ->

GSC
#precache( "fx", "fxpath/fxname" );
CSC
#precache( "client_fx", "fxpath/fxname" );

* To play the fx in script use the API included in the mod tools ( docs_modtools/bo3_scriptapifunctions - open in a internet browser ), two examples below ->

GSC
PlayFX( "fxpath/fxname", ( 0, 0, 0 ) );
CSC
PlayFX( local_client_num, "fxpath/fxname", ( 0, 0, 0 ) );

* More functions are available

# Is this "all" of the Black Ops 3 FX?
* Probably not, below is a list of what i dumped ->

o Every ZM map including all ZM DLC maps
o Dead Ops Arcade 2
o MP - Nuketown
o CP / Nightmares - level 1

o This means the other MP maps and the other CP / Nightmares maps may have some more fx to dump

# How do I dump FX?
* Use Wraith, developed by DTZxPorter ( <a href=""http://www.modme.co"">www.modme.co</a> )
* Then use Scobalula's FX patcher to correct the disabled graphs ( https://github.com/Scobalula/FXPatcher )
* Lastly make sure you port every material and model used in the FX ( Scobalula's FX patcher will also dump a .txt file listing these )

# Will FX work without this?
* A very VERY small number will, as about 100 materials were included in the tools. However the other 600+ were not

# Is this pack complete?
* Absolutely not, some materials / models use some insanely intricate settings that i dont fully know
* Some models use even more intricate settings, such as the origins vortex and portal fxs
* We currently do not know much about porting the lensflares, although these being missing will not break the FX
* Little is known about BeamFX assets ( created in APE ) however some users such as Zeroy have had some success in making them

o At the very least i at least "set up" every material and model, some are using the "default missing" material to signify its not complete, but to stop a radiant crash
o Scobalula may update his program "HydraX" in the future to port things such as lensflares and beamfx assets, keep checking his github
o I will update the pack as i correct things

# How do I make or edit the FX?
* In radiant, use the FX Graph / FX Properties / FX outliner windows

##########################################################
# TROUBLESHOOTING #
##########################################################

Q : Some FX crash radiant?
A : That would imply that either a material / model is completely missing, or improperly set up. You can get a list of the items used in the FX using Scobalulas FX Patcher

<hr>

Download

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
Hawt

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Symbo
Incredible work!!!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Lokii
Noice

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
Download

updated

if you had the old version delete this fx

fx/explosions/fx_exp_rocket_default_sm.efx

ModmeBot:

Reply By: WECoyote99

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

WECoyote99

meaningful as usual coyote

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MrTombone8
The Files are no longer downloadable

ModmeBot:

Reply By: WECoyote99

Harry Bo21
updated if you had the old version delete this fx fx/explosions/fx_exp_rocket_default_sm.efx

?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: eDeK
All links are down :( Thanks for share Harry anyways.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: rainbowzz

eDeK
All links are down :( Thanks for share Harry anyways.

He took them all down