Modme Forums

Blak’s T8-T7 Conversion Rig

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: The Black Death
With the release of the anticipated Black Ops IIII game, it seems only suitable that there be a rig for converting viewmodel animations to T7 form.

Credits:
- DTZxPorter
- Scobalula
- Azsry
- Collie
- ID-Daemon
- Blak

Exporting an XAnim
General: select t7:tag_torso + t7:tag_cambone, THEN select -> hierarchy
ADS: select t7:tag_view + t7:tag_torso, DO NOT select -> hierarchy

Disclaimers
- Although it may not be widespread known, you do not have to add the _t7 suffix to import animations any more. In one of SE Tools' updates, Porter gave the priority for non-namespaced joints to be animated over namespaced ones.
- A shelf is not provided in the download.
- If you want to have a TX shelf move the gun to its skeletal position, this can still be done, but beware that the gun will be renamed to j_gun, and to prevent error you need to rename it back to tag_weapon.
- If animations appear stretched and the gun is not in the hands, and you *know* it's a viewmodel animation, you have not patched the animation with Scobalula's SEAnimPatcher. It can be found on Modme or on his repo; https://github.com/Scobalula/SEAnimPatcher
- And finally, this is a pretty early rig, and I can't guarantee that there won't be problems. The rig is simple as 3arc appears to have kept t7 in mind when making the t8 rig, so results should be 1:1, but if you encounter an issue please let me know.

Download
Download

ModmeBot:

Reply By: steviewonder87

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MadxXx
Thanks, for creating this Rig
But i can't open your scene in my Maya2012
Is there a chance for a workaround?
Maybe save the Rig as .ma file?

I still hope, that someone would make a T8-T5 Rig
Makes it a lot easier for me

But doesn't matter, T8-T7 should work too ...
If i could open it

Thanks in advance for help!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: rainbowzz

MadxXx
Thanks, for creating this Rig But i can't open your scene in my Maya2012 Is there a chance for a workaround? Maybe save the Rig as .ma file? I still hope, that someone would make a T8-T5 Rig Makes it a lot easier for me But doesn't matter, T8-T7 should work too ... If i could open it Thanks in advance for help!

install maya 2016 it should work on that

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

MadxXx
Thanks, for creating this Rig But i can't open your scene in my Maya2012 Is there a chance for a workaround? Maybe save the Rig as .ma file? I still hope, that someone would make a T8-T5 Rig Makes it a lot easier for me But doesn't matter, T8-T7 should work too ... If i could open it Thanks in advance for help!

often you cannot open newer maya saved files in older versions

features used may be missing or structures changed

you should really update anyway in case of future plugins / requirements, but in the mean time you might be able to open it - if someone re-exports it as a FBX and you enable the FBX importer plugins

ModmeBot:

Reply By: rainbowzz

Harry Bo21
MadxXx Thanks, for creating this Rig But i can't open your scene in my Maya2012 Is there a chance for a workaround? Maybe save the Rig as .ma file? I still hope, that someone would make a T8-T5 Rig Makes it a lot easier for me But doesn't matter, T8-T7 should work too ... If i could open it Thanks in advance for help! often you cannot open newer maya saved files in older versions features used may be missing or structures changed you should really update anyway in case of future plugins / requirements, but in the mean time you might be able to open it - if someone re-exports it as a FBX and you enable the FBX importer plugins

What's good harry?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MadxXx
Thanks for all the answers

I guess the following is maybe a solution for my problem:

Someone who could open the file (Maya2016 or newer?)

Open the Maya Binary (.mb) file from the download (Open Maya --> File --> Open Scene --> Select "Blak T8-T7 Rig.mb" --> Hit Open)
After Maya loaded the scene, all should be saved as a Maya ASCII (.ma) File (Go to --> File --> Export All --> Choose Save Location --> Enter New Name --> Select "Files of type": Maya ASCII --> Hit Export All)

This new saved file should be working with Maya2012, Maya2013 and so on ...

I am to stupid for the FBX format ^^

Hope someone could do that

Greetings and thanks in advance!