Modme Forums

texture issue when ripping bo4 models

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ordinarynoob
im using greyhound to rip black ops 4 models and basically some of them extract fine and some not. what i mean is the ones that dont extract properly are ones with a white texture colour issue to them, part of the model will have its original texture colours but then other parts just pure white, thats not right. i wanna know what im doing wrong and why it extracts white textures. ive just come back to ripping from the game again and even with updates to greyhound im still getting this issue when trying to rip the character zero.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula
Because like Black Ops 3 they use a skinning system which means you need to manually find the texture/s, they are not apart of the model assets.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ordinarynoob

Scobalula
Because like Black Ops 3 they use a skinning system which means you need to manually find the texture/s, they are not apart of the model assets.

kinda stupid, i had no issues with the latest dlc zombie characters but with zero i did, got her face texture fine and hair but just her hood, like it just baffles me lmao but okay

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

ordinarynoob
Scobalula Because like Black Ops 3 they use a skinning system which means you need to manually find the texture/s, they are not apart of the model assets. kinda stupid, i had no issues with the latest dlc zombie characters but with zero i did, got her face texture fine and hair but just her hood, like it just baffles me lmao but okay

The characters in zombies do not utilize the skinning system, the MP characters (including zombies characters that are in Blackout) do, you just need to work around it by finding the textures in the XPAK.

The system uses assets separate from the XModel assets that are used with the in-game customization features, the tool works by loading the XModel, then parsing the materials that the LODs point to, since the skinning system applies the correct textures at runtime and is separate from the XModel, without spending large amounts of time reversing the skinning system I cannot add this functionality, it's beyond the scope of an asset extractor.

If you want more information or a visual on how the skinning system works, you can download the Black Ops 3 Mod Tools and look at them in APE as we were given examples.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ordinarynoob

Scobalula
ordinarynoob Scobalula Because like Black Ops 3 they use a skinning system which means you need to manually find the texture/s, they are not apart of the model assets. kinda stupid, i had no issues with the latest dlc zombie characters but with zero i did, got her face texture fine and hair but just her hood, like it just baffles me lmao but okay The characters in zombies do not utilize the skinning system, the MP characters (including zombies characters that are in Blackout) do, you just need to work around it by finding the textures in the XPAK. The system uses assets separate from the XModel assets that are used with the in-game customization features, the tool works by loading the XModel, then parsing the materials that the LODs point to, since the skinning system applies the correct textures at runtime and is separate from the XModel, without spending large amounts of time reversing the skinning system I cannot add this functionality, it's beyond the scope of an asset extractor. If you want more information or a visual on how the skinning system works, you can download the Black Ops 3 Mod Tools and look at them in APE as we were given examples.

any chance of you ripping the character zero? the only last one im interested in tbh