Modme Forums

Wraith - Game extraction tools

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: DTZxPorter
Wraith - Game extraction tools (Developed by me)
<hr><h2>Wraith game tools now have their own home here: Wraith</h2>

(When submitting error reports): http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/wraith/errorreporting/.

// Moved to new home!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mrpeanut188
first

ModmeBot:

Reply By: elfenliedtopfan5
WIN PROGRAM :p :p

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Yahoo! Great work as always Porter, you'll always be my go-to man for Cake By The Ocean

ModmeBot:

Reply By: jzob
Amazing Cant wait to try it out :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CabConModding
Awesome tool! Great work!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Azsry
Great work! Gives me a reason to open BO3 again :P

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SpiderManMan
lovely tool, thank you

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
Notice to all: Please make sure your version (at the top of a running Wraith window) is >= 1.11, if not please download the latest linked in the first post. It contains my automatic updater so you'll always be able to use Wraith and get the latest changes. Some noticeable improvements are completely fixed animations with NO jitter at all, a fix for AI animations falling through the floor and some stability tweaks.

ModmeBot:

Yay for no more jitter

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ElTitoPricus
Batch Tool working, Smooth anims

Awesome Job Porter

ModmeBot:

Hey Porter, I'm loving the tool so far great work. One problem I'm having is when I try to use the feature "Patch model and anim tags to support older games" it breaks the animations (some finger joints way out of place). Also the bind script while using the older tags don't bind everything in maya.

ModmeBot:

SpiderManManHey Porter, I'm loving the tool so far great work. One problem I'm having is when I try to use the feature "Patch model and anim tags to support older games" it breaks the animations (some finger joints way out of place). Also the bind script while using the older tags don't bind everything in maya.

The feature is very experimental, it isn't actually finished yet and it's more for experienced people right now. There is a member working on a maya scene which will actually convert my animations into a working older rig. Hopefully it will be finished soon! Sorry for the inconvenience, the rigs have changed a lot since the older games.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: partTimeGamer
Thanks a lot! Can someone please share the steps that they are following to extract models? Say for example if I wan the mesh and textures for 'Sheiva' assault rifele, how should I go about it? Which xpack contains weapons models?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

partTimeGamerThanks a lot! Can someone please share the steps that they are following to extract models? Say for example if I wan the mesh and textures for 'Sheiva' assault rifele, how should I go about it? Which xpack contains weapons models?

It is best to just load up the game to get the models in a file type compatible with most programs and to get the textures, etc.

ModmeBot:

partTimeGamerThanks a lot! Can someone please share the steps that they are following to extract models? Say for example if I wan the mesh and textures for 'Sheiva' assault rifele, how should I go about it? Which xpack contains weapons models?

Read the wiki posts http://aviacreations.com/modme/wiki/Apps/Wraith/Wraith

ModmeBot:

Scobalula

It is best to just load up the game to get the models in a file type compatible with most programs and to get the textures, etc.

Thanks mate!

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter

Read the wiki posts http://aviacreations.com/modme/wiki/Apps/Wraith/Wraith

Thanks Porter. Sorry first time using this site and tools so was getting a bit lost. Will read up the wiki :-)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hero115
Congrats on the release Porter.

Q : any tuts out there on doing the bo3 weapons using wraith ? would be lovely to start working on it .

ModmeBot:

Hero115Congrats on the release Porter.

Q : any tuts out there on doing the bo3 weapons using wraith ? would be lovely to start working on it .

Check the wiki, there is a tutorial there.

ModmeBot:

Wraith was just updated to v1.84, changes include:

• Right click on images from XPAKs to preview them

• Wraith can now export loaded images (Now just about every texture for every model should export, report if still broken)

• Fixed an issue with some models refusing to export

• Fixed sign out from not working

Enjoy guys!

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorterWraith was just updated to v1.84, changes include:

• Wraith can now export loaded images (Now just about every texture for every model should export, report if still broken)

Enjoy guys!

You're my baby.

ModmeBot:

Enjoy guys!

Nice one! Can confirm that some of the DLC weapons that I couldn't extract with the previous version can be extracted now :-)

However I cant seen to export the following mesh (not a big deal)

wpn_t7_special_crossbow

ModmeBot:

partTimeGamer

Enjoy guys!

Nice one! Can confirm that some of the DLC weapons that I couldn't extract with the previous version can be extracted now :-)

However I cant seen to export the following mesh (not a big deal)

wpn_t7_special_crossbow

I've had multiple people export it without problems including myself, try from the main menu.

ModmeBot:

Wraith was just updated to 1.89, changes:

• Wraith can now display and export loaded images

• Fixed an error with some loaded images being the wrong size

• Started working on normalizing rotation angles

Whoop sexy hud icons here we come!

ModmeBot:

Wraith Archon is now available! Check about for a changelog!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: KintamaNko
I can't speak english.

but I was able to use this tool !

this tool is very very amazing. Thank you so much !!

I'll study 3dcg model :D

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorterWraith Archon is now available! Check about for a changelog!

Lovely to hear .

ModmeBot:

Reply By: kommunitykod
Hi I can't seem to get it working with the textures in maya...

Here's my folders and maya.

and the _images folder:

Here's maya:

I seem to get the white model but how do I correctly apply the textures to the model?

ModmeBot:

kommunitykodHi I can't seem to get it working with the textures in maya...

and the _images folder:

Here's maya:

I seem to get the white model but how do I correctly apply the textures to the model?

Why do you want textures in maya ? Some UV ?

Please Hit the number 6 on Your Keyboard Coz from the looks of your maya image... You didn't.

i'm ready to help anytime. Just post if you need Help .

ModmeBot:

Could also be due to the fact that you don't even have texture view enabled in maya... (The Checkerboard sphere...)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dr. squidbot

and the _images folder:

Here's maya:

you're using a newer Maya version, so it won't natively work with textures exported from Wraith.

click the Renderer drop-down directly above the viewport, and swap the render type to Legacy Viewport.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Slayerbeast12
Im having trouble compiling the Hg-40 Model for Cod Waw. I don't understand why i am getting this error.

EDIT: Nvm, i fixed it by going to polygon>Edit Mesh>Merge and i was able to compile the model

ModmeBot:

Reply By: BFH_hardcore
ok so i went ahead and exported the arak (KN44) it exports fine all is good untill i get into maya when i open the file in maya it get this:

https://gyazo.com/e890af3ce092e1ccc17fd30c2fa119d7

i proceed to click on ok it loads the model and joints all is fine i click on window-----outliner and expand the joints and i get all these https://gyazo.com/039e090d2499223292a268625797c864 what am i doing wrong?

my settings in wraith are as follows:

General:

https://gyazo.com/6108609ddc49411a6b969a19347d6a89

Models:

https://gyazo.com/a9bf02e07a9302c76a21437f99d00351

Animations:

https://gyazo.com/14016eb4af97bf3acddcde4c18f5ba52

Sound:

https://gyazo.com/65d961cd25de9bf780abcc62d0b577dd

ModmeBot:

Looks like a pirated version of the game, which I don't provide support for, the only versions that will be supported are the latest steam ones. Anything else is just if it works it works.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorterLooks like a pirated version of the game, which I don't provide support for, the only versions that will be supported are the latest steam ones. Anything else is just if it works it works.

ok, thanks for the reply +1 for this awesome tool

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorterLooks like a pirated version of the game, which I don't provide support for, the only versions that will be supported are the latest steam ones. Anything else is just if it works it works.

will it work with the multiplayer starter pack on steam?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Vladnes
Hi, what package are textures for special effects? Such as gunshots, explosions, fire, blood ..

ModmeBot:

BFH_hardcore

will it work with the multiplayer starter pack on steam?

Not sure, no one has confirmed that yet!

ModmeBot:

VladnesHi, what package are textures for special effects? Such as gunshots, explosions, fire, blood ..

Not sure, if you need help please ask in a different thread, this topic is just for error reports / appreciated, just trying to keep things organized!

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
VladnesHi, what package are textures for special effects? Such as gunshots, explosions, fire, blood ..

Not sure, if you need help please ask in a different thread, this topic is just for error reports / appreciated, just trying to keep things organized!

dont really need help and i can confirm it works with mp pack, altho mp pack has just receved a update as of 20 mins ago but exporter seems to be working still

ModmeBot:

BFH_hardcore
DTZxPorter

dont really need help and i can confirm it works with mp pack, altho mp pack has just receved a update as of 20 mins ago but exporter seems to be working still

Glad it works! (Help msg was for another user :P)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: OrangeC88
When we will see Sound name definitions for the 2GB sabs File for Black Ops 3?

ModmeBot:

OrangeC88When we will see Sound name definitions for the 2GB sabs File for Black Ops 3?

All of the important sound files have names, I'll eventually get to the less important ones later.

ModmeBot:

Are there plans for work to be done on player model animations?

ModmeBot:

SpiderManManAre there plans for work to be done on player model animations?

Every animation you see is whats in the game...

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SakuZon

dr.

and the _images folder:

Here's maya:

you're using a newer Maya version, so it won't natively work with textures exported from Wraith.

click the Renderer drop-down directly above the viewport, and swap the render type to Legacy Viewport.

Hey i'm also using newer maya version and when taking xanims into binded playermodels the upper body is twisted like seen in this picture is it a bug or is there a fix to it? (He is supposed to be prone and holding dual wield guns)

Also sometimes the limbs spin and rotate randomly in some xanims.

ModmeBot:

SakuZon
dr.

and the _images folder:

Here's maya:

Hey i'm also using newer maya version and when taking xanims into binded playermodels the upper body is twisted like seen in this picture is it a bug or is there a fix to it? (He is supposed to be prone and holding dual wield guns)

You need to post the animation name

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SakuZon

DTZxPorter
SakuZon
dr.

and the _images folder:

Here's maya:

pb_dw_prone_idle_ANIM.mel

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter

I'm aware the animations are in the game, I was referring to the fact that they are extremely broken. Some frames having spinning torso and legs spinning around etc.

ModmeBot:

SpiderManMan
DTZxPorter

I'm aware the animations are in the game, I was referring to the fact that they are extremely broken. Some frames having spinning torso and legs spinning around etc.

This is why in the OP it says "How to report proper feedback" You need to include names, I'm not going to dump every anim and try them, We're looking into some, but they are easy to fix and only take a few moments to change the bones back.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
SpiderManMan
DTZxPorter

This is why in the OP it says "How to report proper feedback" You need to include names, I'm not going to dump every anim and try them, We're looking into some, but they are easy to fix and only take a few moments to change the bones back.

...and hopefully the details I gave Porter will fix the issues once and for all. Otherwise, fixes coming soonTM.

ModmeBot:

SakuZon
DTZxPorter
SakuZon
dr.

and the _images folder:

Here's maya:

pb_dw_prone_idle_ANIM.mel

This happens in all CoD games when you import a MP animation to a SP body, or vice versa. Simply build your model as mpbody in assman/APE and it will add all the stablizer bones for you, which will fix this issue.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PINNAZ

DTZxPorter
OrangeC88When we will see Sound name definitions for the 2GB sabs File for Black Ops 3?

All of the important sound files have names, I'll eventually get to the less important ones later.

I have been exporting the ZM sound files & all (DLC's) seem to have file names except ~ Call of Duty Black Ops III\zone\snd\en\zm_common.en.sabs

• When Imported into Wraith they are listed as ~ zm_common.en_unk* (* meaning ascending file number)

• When Exported, the file name will simply be called ~ .flac (sound files do play/work)

• Because all files are called .flac, they all get overwritten so you only end up with 1 sound file from that .sabs (2570 files)

Would love these to be fixed, but mainly just giving some feedback. Hope this is descriptive enough.

DTZxPorter, you have made an awesome all-in-one tool. Congrats & props to all involved.

Custom Zombies will be the best thing about BO3

ModmeBot:

PINNAZ
DTZxPorter

I have been exporting the ZM sound files & all (DLC's) seem to have file names except ~ Call of Duty Black Ops III\zone\snd\en\zm_common.en.sabs

• When Imported into Wraith they are listed as ~ zm_common.en_unk* (* meaning ascending file number)

• When Exported, the file name will simply be called ~ .flac (sound files do play/work)

• Because all files are called .flac, they all get overwritten so you only end up with 1 sound file from that .sabs (2570 files)

Would love these to be fixed, but mainly just giving some feedback. Hope this is descriptive enough.

DTZxPorter, you have made an awesome all-in-one tool. Congrats & props to all involved.

Custom Zombies will be the best thing about BO3

Thanks for reporting this, I was unaware this was happening! It will be fixed soon, and hopefully I'll have time to get the names soon.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
Most anims have been fine in my experience

A few of the panzers had some random movements but I just fixed the tags myself ( his idle does a funky spin for example lol. Also his arrive anims he suddenly pops into place, but it's nothing major )

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Tosyk
Hi, all

Porter, appreciate for your work. Really great progress on the cod formats.

I'm working on converting of AW multiplayer outfits atm and have a question: will you able to add support for the AW formats? Tom's tools doesn't works well — many textures are missing. Also since the AW multiplayer is almost dead it's hard to get something onscreen to rip. So I'm looking for at least a texture exporter.

thanks in advanced!

ModmeBot:

TosykHi, all

I'm working on converting of AW multiplayer outfits atm and have a question: will you able to add support for the AW formats? Tom's tools doesn't works well — many textures are missing. Also since the AW multiplayer is almost dead it's hard to get something onscreen to rip. So I'm looking for at least a texture exporter.

thanks in advanced!

Wraith will support AW, all the older games are coming in waves, right now we're finishing up BO2 support.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
TosykHi, all

thanks in advanced!

Wraith will support AW, all the older games are coming in waves, right now we're finishing up BO2 support.

That's great! I'll wait for support then. Thank you for your work!

ModmeBot:

In the recent update it seems some guns don't want to export, I only tried the BRM and ICR, here's where it crashed for the ICR:

Here's the logfile JUST before it crashes:

http://pastebin.com/vp1Uu4D9

Screenshot:

Here's more info if you need it which I grabbed:

During a bulk export:

ModmeBot:

If you're using patch normals its a known issue that it crashes, will be fixed soon.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorterIf you're using patch normals its a known issue that it crashes, will be fixed soon.

Ah no rush on fixing it, I disabled it an indeed exported fine. Thanks.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: KurokamiPhantom
I am having trouble exporting models. I am currently trying to get 'c_zom_der_richtofen_mpc_fb', however, whenever I try to export it by itself, I get a message stating, 'Please select more than one item to export'. So then I select 'c_zom_dlc3_nikolai_mpc_fb_nohat', along with the previous 'c_zom_der_richtofen_mpc_fb', however when I go to export them, the export bar won't increase at all and I get a message in the logger stating: 'Waiting for mega cache to finish loading, please wait...' What am I possibly doing wrong?

ModmeBot:

KurokamiPhantomI am having trouble exporting models. I am currently trying to get 'c_zom_der_richtofen_mpc_fb', however, whenever I try to export it by itself, I get a message stating, 'Please select more than one item to export'. So then I select 'c_zom_dlc3_nikolai_mpc_fb_nohat', along with the previous 'c_zom_der_richtofen_mpc_fb', however when I go to export them, the export bar won't increase at all and I get a message in the logger stating: 'Waiting for mega cache to finish loading, please wait...' What am I possibly doing wrong?

Well youdouble click to export a single model. Second, if you have the latest version of wraith there is not progress bar (besides bulk export), third, "Waiting..." is present tense, meaning that it is loading the cache and then will export. Your computer is probably lower end so it is taking a while to load all 300k files caches into memory. You simply need to wait for it to finish.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: KurokamiPhantom

DTZxPorter
KurokamiPhantomI am having trouble exporting models. I am currently trying to get 'c_zom_der_richtofen_mpc_fb', however, whenever I try to export it by itself, I get a message stating, 'Please select more than one item to export'. So then I select 'c_zom_dlc3_nikolai_mpc_fb_nohat', along with the previous 'c_zom_der_richtofen_mpc_fb', however when I go to export them, the export bar won't increase at all and I get a message in the logger stating: 'Waiting for mega cache to finish loading, please wait...' What am I possibly doing wrong?

Well youdouble click to export a single model. Second, if you have the latest version of wraith there is not progress bar (besides bulk export), third, "Waiting..." is present tense, meaning that it is loading the cache and then will export. Your computer is probably lower end so it is taking a while to load all 300k files caches into memory. You simply need to wait for it to finish.

Thanks for the help. My computer is high end, but I didn't give it enough time to properly load all the cache. Letting it load the cache while I'm at work should do the trick.

EDIT: After coming back a few days later, I have still been unsuccessful in exporting any models from the game. My computer should not be the problem, but here are the specs for my pc just in case it is something with my computer:

Processor: Intel Boxed Core I5-6600K 3.50 GHz, 6 M Processor Cache 6 for LGA 1151

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Mobo: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170X-UD3

Ram: Crucial 8GBx4 Desktop Memory Kit DDR4-2133, PC4-17000, UDIMM, 288-Pin

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Here's a copy of the logger when I try to export, is there anything out of the ordinary?

9:07 PM: --- Wraith Initialized ---

9:07 PM: Searching for Black Ops 3 process

9:07 PM:- Black Ops 3 process found PID [8024]

9:07 PM:Begin searching for XAsset pools

9:07 PM:- Black Ops 3 SHA1: "699737D411BD240CBBB1259D7C24F706953D8668"

9:07 PM: - Found matching definitions

9:07 PM: - Search completed, found required info

9:07 PM: Loading XAssets from the pool

9:07 PM: - Search complete, found 7390 loaded XAssets

9:07 PM: Pre-parsing XPAKs for faster extraction

9:07 PM: Exporting asset "c_zom_der_richtofen_mpc_fb"

9:07 PM: -Waiting for mega cache to finish loading, please wait...

Again, I appreciate all the help I can get.

EDIT #2: After switching over to my weaker laptop, I was able to extract the models successfully. I have followed the exact steps I went through on my Desktop and for some reason it is acting up. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Black Ops 3 off of my desktop and see if that fixes it.

EDIT #3: It seems as though uninstalling and reinstalling Black Ops 3 on my desktop did the trick. It took less than a second for Dempsey's model to be exported. I'll leave this post up here just in case someone else runs into the same problem.

ModmeBot:

1. Wraith can't export masks and camos textures from in-memory only simple textures. Is it possible to export them along with the model they are related to?

2. I also can't find some mask and camo files in game archives — many of them are just unopenable. Is it possible that Wraith cannot see some textures?

3. Whenever I export textures from archives I'm getting unnecessary mip maps. Is it possible to export only highest mip map without the size label in the filename?

thanks for your work!

ModmeBot:

Tosyk1. Wraith can't export masks and camos textures from in-memory only simple textures. Is it possible to export them along with the model they are related to?

2. I also can't find some mask and camo files in game archives — many of them are just unopenable. Is it possible that Wraith cannot see some textures?

3. Whenever I export textures from archives I'm getting unnecessary mip maps. Is it possible to export only highest mip map without the size label in the filename?

thanks for your work!

Every single bo3 image works, you're probably using DDS format which as stated in the initial topic, includes NEW dds formats which most people can't open, change the format to TGA or TIFF and you can open them.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TheOneMan
If I export with TIFF, it will crash a few seconds in. I am trying to export any BO3 maps and it doesn't work.

If possible, please include a XMODEL_BIN for Black Ops 3, so we could easily import the models to BO3 radiant?

ModmeBot:

TheOneManIf I export with TIFF, it will crash a few seconds in. I am trying to export any BO3 maps and it doesn't work.

If possible, please include a XMODEL_BIN for Black Ops 3, so we could easily import the models to BO3 radiant?

Are you using the patch normals setting or no?

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
TheOneManIf I export with TIFF, it will crash a few seconds in. I am trying to export any BO3 maps and it doesn't work.

Nope, patch normals only works on the DDS, as TIFF and TGA crashes the program.

ModmeBot:

TheOneMan
DTZxPorter

So you do not crash when using TIFF and TGA WITHOUT patch normals enabled?

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
Tosyk1. Wraith can't export masks and camos textures from in-memory only simple textures. Is it possible to export them along with the model they are related to?

thanks for your work!

Every single bo3 image works, you're probably using DDS format which as stated in the initial topic, includes NEW dds formats which most people can't open, change the format to TGA or TIFF and you can open them.

I'm using TGA. When I load ruin Brute Force body on screen I open Wraith and Load Game. Then if I export only "c_t7_mp_warrior_mpc_body1_skin1" (which is should be the exact first body and skin - Brute Force) - I'm getting only one mask for its body - "i_c_t7_warrior_body1_pants_mask.tga" however according to the ripped scene (with ninja ripper, very low textures) and common sense there should be a lot of masks - around 17! I seek around the archives and made some texture mask library for ruin still not full though.

So why Wraith can't see and export the masks and camo textures? Also can you answer the 3-rd question?

Thank you.

ModmeBot:

Tosyk
DTZxPorter

thanks for your work!

I'm using TGA. When I load ruin Brute Force body on screen I open Wraith and Load Game. Then if I export only "c_t7_mp_warrior_mpc_body1_skin1" (which is should be the exact first body and skin - Brute Force) - I'm getting only one mask for its body - "i_c_t7_warrior_body1_pants_mask.tga" however according to the ripped scene (with ninja ripper, very low textures) and common sense there should be a lot of masks - around 17! I seek around the archives and made some texture mask library for ruin still not full though.

So why Wraith can't see and export the masks and camo textures? Also can you answer the 3-rd question?

Thank you.

Because thats not how it works ninjaripper can only see the final product, the combined model that the game renders. Wraith exports whats required for each model.

If you want to rip skins, just take them from the XPAKs using wraith. Otherwise, it uses some of the old masks from the BASE model.

ModmeBot:

So if I see mask texture ingame it's not guarantee that I can export it with Wraith? because this is exactly what happening.

p.s.: no, seriously, why can Wraith skip all the mipmaps on extracting except the highest?

ModmeBot:

TosykSo if I see mask texture ingame it's not guarantee that I can export it with Wraith? because this is exactly what happening.

p.s.: no, seriously, why can Wraith skip all the mipmaps on extracting except the highest?

Ugh, listen, wraith rips what's attached to the model, skins OVERWRITE the base model. So you need to rip the base model and the skin to see everything properly. just rip do a format other than DDS to skip mipmaps. You can't open most of the DDS's anyways.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
TosykSo if I see mask texture ingame it's not guarantee that I can export it with Wraith? because this is exactly what happening.

Ugh, listen, wraith rips what's attached to the model, skins OVERWRITE the base model. So you need to rip the base model and the skin to see everything properly. just rip do a format other than DDS to skip mipmaps. You can't open most of the DDS's anyways.

I'm sorry, didn't want to make you upset or angry.

I'm talking about multiplayer, "Ruin's" the very first body called Brute Force. You talking about base model of it but what is it? In wraith list I see only model with suffix "_skinX" where X it's a number of the skin. Also there's a lot of models presented just body parts of the ruin character but still with suffix "_skinX".

I never use dds! My problem is if I search for word "warrior" in archive and then export all textures I gets all the mipmaps in a separate tga. So I have to manually delete all the redundant tgas and keep only highest ones.

ModmeBot:

Tosyk
DTZxPorter

I'm sorry, didn't want to make you upset or angry.

I'm talking about multiplayer, "Ruin's" the very first body called Brute Force. You talking about base model of it but what is it? In wraith list I see only model with suffix "_skinX" where X it's a number of the skin. Also there's a lot of models presented just body parts of the ruin character but still with suffix "_skinX".

I never use dds! My problem is if I search for word "warrior" in archive and then export all textures I gets all the mipmaps in a separate tga. So I have to manually delete all the redundant tgas and keep only highest ones.

Ahh you're using the wrong terminology, those aren't mipmaps, they are downscale textures. Mipmaps are levels in a DDS with different resolutions.

You need to export each part of the ruin character. I don't know the names.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
TheOneMan
DTZxPorter

Tiff crashes just in general, can't export any TIFF for BO3

TGA crashes when Normal patching is enabled

DDS works on either but unable to open it in any program to convert to tiff.

ModmeBot:

TheOneMan
DTZxPorter
TheOneMan
DTZxPorter

Tiff crashes just in general, can't export any TIFF for BO3

TGA crashes when Normal patching is enabled

DDS works on either but unable to open it in any program to convert to tiff.

Alright, yeah this is know, being fixed in 3.0. Works on some PC's and doesn't on others.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Haubna
How can I dump the .ff files to a .wraithdump? If I drag and drop them into the window nothing happens :/

ModmeBot:

HaubnaHow can I dump the .ff files to a .wraithdump? If I drag and drop them into the window nothing happens :/

You don't, since there is nothing useful in them

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Haubna
Hmm I was hoping to get an asset list of the map .ff files :/

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mikey
New update came out today but it says that the models will be exported to XMODEL_BIN?

Where are these files, the files are still in Xmodel_Export? Can an option be added to just either do XMODEL_EXPORT or XMODEL_BIN?

ModmeBot:

mikeyNew update came out today but it says that the models will be exported to XMODEL_BIN?

Where are these files, the files are still in Xmodel_Export? Can an option be added to just either do XMODEL_EXPORT or XMODEL_BIN?

No it doesn't, there is a setting for MA, XMODEL_EXPORT, XNALara I don't write xmodel_bins, I only add that to the GDTs you can make.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
mikeyNew update came out today but it says that the models will be exported to XMODEL_BIN?

No it doesn't, there is a setting for MA, XMODEL_EXPORT, XNALara I don't write xmodel_bins, I only add that to the GDTs you can make.

Would you be able to add an option to extract to BO3 format. I know there are programs that are able to convert from EXPORT TO BIN but the problem is, I have thousands of models with their own folder, no program has the ability to go into each folder and convert the EXPORT to BIN while maintaining the original directory.

Unless the programs out there are just simply using the EXPORT2BIN.exe in the BIN folder of BO3 and nobody truly knows the BIN format yet?

Or at least, able to set the directory to extract all the models AND textures separately in two different locations? (Disable having each model writing their own folder)

Currently the Wraith BO3 GDT is like so:

XMODEL: black_ops_3\xmodels\p6_anim_zm_barricade_board_01_upgrade\

IMAGES: black_ops_3\xmodels\_images\p6_anim_zm_barricade_board_01_upgrade\

Please have it so the GDT can also write:

XMODEL: black_ops_3\xmodels\

So we can batch convert all xmodels in one folder, while having the tiff images in another folder.

ModmeBot:

mikey
DTZxPorter

Would you be able to add an option to extract to BO3 format. I know there are programs that are able to convert from EXPORT TO BIN but the problem is, I have thousands of models with their own folder, no program has the ability to go into each folder and convert the EXPORT to BIN while maintaining the original directory.

Unless the programs out there are just simply using the EXPORT2BIN.exe in the BIN folder of BO3 and nobody truly knows the BIN format yet?

Or at least, able to set the directory to extract all the models AND textures separately in two different locations? (Disable having each model writing their own folder)

So we can batch convert all xmodels in one folder, while having the tiff images in another folder.

Thats what kronos is for, the GDT format is the way it should be. Kronos is a drag and drop converter for xmodel_exports. http://aviacreations.com/modme/forum/topic.php?tid=179

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
mikey
DTZxPorter

Thats what kronos is for, the GDT format is the way it should be. Kronos is a drag and drop converter for xmodel_exports. http://aviacreations.com/modme/forum/topic.php?tid=179<br>
<br>

It doesnt maintain directory location. I have to search for all XMODEL_EXPORTS IN the list of folders in the WRAITH extracted folder, I have to cut and paste this in another folder, from there drag it unto the program so I can converted it.

Then I have to go through the thousands of models and replace the location for each one because there is no XMODEL_BIN where the location is set.

Thats why it would be nice to add a few lines so we can make it so we can extract without writing a new folder for each model.

TOM-BMX has it where his (now outdated) program, you can pick to have the program write a new folder for each model OR have the models extracted to one folder with a image folder within it.

EX: WRAITH/BLACK_OPS_3/XMODELS/

Within this folder, all the xmodels (without its folders) will be here WITH 1 image folder with all the images for all the models.

This would translate in the GDT as well.

TOM-BMX has this in his program.

ModmeBot:

TheOneMan
DTZxPorter
mikey
DTZxPorter

Thats what kronos is for, the GDT format is the way it should be. Kronos is a drag and drop converter for xmodel_exports. http://aviacreations.com/modme/forum/topic.php?tid=179<br>
<br>

It doesnt maintain directory location. I have to search for all XMODEL_EXPORTS IN the list of folders in the WRAITH extracted folder, I have to cut and paste this in another folder, from there drag it unto the program so I can converted it.

Then I have to go through the thousands of models and replace the location for each one because there is no XMODEL_BIN where the location is set.

Thats why it would be nice to add a few lines so we can make it so we can extract without writing a new folder for each model.

TOM-BMX has it where his (now outdated) program, you can pick to have the program write a new folder for each model OR have the models extracted to one folder with a image folder within it.

Within this folder, all the xmodels (without its folders) will be here WITH 1 image folder with all the images for all the models.

The latest update will add the bin extension, I will not be adding support for different layouts. With the new extension you'll be able to open the GDT in wraith and simply copy the export dir to bo3's tools location.

ModmeBot:

TheOneMan
DTZxPorter
mikey
DTZxPorter

<br>

The latest update will add the bin extension, I will not be adding support for different layouts (Too much time / not worth effort because of the design). With the new extension you'll be able to open the GDT in wraith and simply copy the export dir to bo3's tools location, Also you'll be able to run them through export2bin automatically.

ModmeBot:

You are confusing me here, currently in 3.0, I still get gdt's like this:

"p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01" ( "xmodel.gdf" )

{

"filename" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD0.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"highLodDist" "0.5867486"

"mediumLod" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD1.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"mediumLodDist" "1.166416"

"lowLod" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD2.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"lowLodDist" "2.113771"

"lowestLod" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD2.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"lowestLodDist" "2.113771"

"type" "rigid"

}

Are you saying that it should read .XMODEL_BIN in the GDT?

Why? there is no XMODEL_BIN in those folders, the program exports to XMODEL_EXPORT, not BIN.

It will give every user an error once they try and open up the models in Asset manager.

The way it is now, is EXTRACT FROM GAME > Do a search for all files with .XMODEL_EXPORT, copy and paste in a another folder so they are in the same place > Convert to XMODEL_BIN > then we have to go to each file location

in asset manager to change it so it will work now.

Basically, there is no way to use these models in BO3 unless you want to only use a tiny few.

ModmeBot:

mikeyYou are confusing me here, currently in 3.0, I still get gdt's like this:

{

"filename" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD0.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"mediumLod" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD1.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"lowLod" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD2.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"lowLodDist" "2.113771"

"lowestLod" "black_ops_3\xmodels\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01\p7_ris_rock_pile_small_01_LOD2.XMODEL_EXPORT"

"type" "rigid"

}

Why? there is no XMODEL_BIN in those folders, the program exports to XMODEL_EXPORT, not BIN.

It will give every user an error once they try and open up the models in Asset manager.

The way it is now, is EXTRACT FROM GAME > Do a search for all files with .XMODEL_EXPORT, copy and paste in a another folder so they are in the same place > Convert to XMODEL_BIN > then we have to go to each file location

Basically, there is no way to use these models in BO3 unless you want to only use a tiny few.

I'm aware, in the GDT itself it's not even supposed to say _EXPORT, it was a bug and hasn't been fixed yet.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
mikeyYou are confusing me here, currently in 3.0, I still get gdt's like this:

{

"lowLodDist" "2.113771"

"type" "rigid"

}

I'm aware, in the GDT itself it's not even supposed to say _EXPORT, it was a bug and hasn't been fixed yet

A simple search and replace will fix it if needs to be.

But is there a way to automatically take the export files and run them through EXPORT2BIN during the extraction process?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AvidPenguin
Has an update broken exporting images? I'm not getting any images from Black Ops 3 models, I'm trying to export a wunderfizz model but the _images folder is blank. Also, the model loads into APE as a white cuboid? I've done all this before, but in BO2, is the process different for BO3 models?

ModmeBot:

AvidPenguinHas an update broken exporting images? I'm not getting any images from Black Ops 3 models, I'm trying to export a wunderfizz model but the _images folder is blank. Also, the model loads into APE as a white cuboid? I've done all this before, but in BO2, is the process different for BO3 models?

No it works fine, you gotta export the FX fizz ones

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AvidPenguin

DTZxPorter
AvidPenguinHas an update broken exporting images? I'm not getting any images from Black Ops 3 models, I'm trying to export a wunderfizz model but the _images folder is blank. Also, the model loads into APE as a white cuboid? I've done all this before, but in BO2, is the process different for BO3 models?

I've just gone through loads of other models and stuff from in BO3 and no matter which image format I choose, I'm not getting any images out of it. I'm getting the models fine, just no textures :(

ModmeBot:

AvidPenguin
DTZxPorter

I've just gone through loads of other models and stuff from in BO3 and no matter which image format I choose, I'm not getting any images out of it. I'm getting the models fine, just no textures :(

Verify cache, just had several people confirm it works.

ModmeBot:

BUG/GLITCH: I think it might have to do with it extracting models that has already been extracted from previous maps (overwriting?)

But after I extract a few maps, I start getting this error every few models.

Error message below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ElementAt[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Int32 index)
   at azX\&amp;oz~LOG;\*Sb$Q#2ld&lt;"`8".‎‎‪‭‌‌‎‍‎‭‬‎‭‬‬‌‍‮‎‍‏‎‫‌‮(Object , RetrieveVirtualItemEventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnRetrieveVirtualItem(RetrieveVirtualItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message&amp; m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Wraith
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/BO3Zombies/WraithBeta006/Wraith.exe
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 9.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 9.0.1.19813
    CodeBase: file:///D:/BO3Zombies/WraithBeta006/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Security
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
LZ4
    Assembly Version: 1.0.10.93
    Win32 Version: 1.0.10.93
    CodeBase: file:///D:/BO3Zombies/WraithBeta006/LZ4.DLL
LZ4mm
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/msmit/AppData/Local/Temp/27ff072810d7c03d8a5191fc24704f08/fd4a4d543b05c177a842c6ad031c1cd8.dll
LZ4cc
    CodeBase: file:///D:/BO3Zombies/WraithBeta006/LZ4.dll
LZ4pn
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/msmit/AppData/Local/Temp/27ff072810d7c03d8a5191fc24704f08/cb1d0f29af711523ba2be18ec91d0f3d.dll
MonoGame.Framework
    Assembly Version: 3.5.1.1679
    Win32 Version: 3.5.1.1679
    CodeBase: file:///D:/BO3Zombies/WraithBeta006/MonoGame.Framework.DLL
ExhaleImageLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/BO3Zombies/WraithBeta006/ExhaleImageLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

&lt;configuration&gt;
    &lt;system.windows.forms jitdebugging="true"&gt;&lt;/system.windows.forms&gt;
&lt;/configuration&gt;

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

//MOD EDIT: When you post error messages or long tags please use [ code ] tags

ModmeBot:

Anyone who gets the error message in the above post, here is a work around.

I believe it is a issue with Wraith's "temp" gdt's (aka the list of extracted items in the "manage gdt" portion of the program) and the way it works on overwriting existing material/gdt info as many maps share the same models.

If you extract multiple maps from BO3 back to back, you will receive the error above.

Only fix is after each map, is to go and save the gdt (if you are porting to BO3 or W@W), then after saving the gdt, restart Wraith and go to your next map so the list of extracted items in the gdt will clear.

ModmeBot:

mikeyAnyone who gets the error message in the above post, here is a work around.

I believe it is a issue with Wraith's "temp" gdt's (aka the list of extracted items in the "manage gdt" portion of the program) and the way it works on overwriting existing material/gdt info as many maps share the same models.

If you extract multiple maps from BO3 back to back, you will receive the error above.

Only fix is after each map, is to go and save the gdt (if you are porting to BO3 or W@W), then after saving the gdt, restart Wraith and go to your next map so the list of extracted items in the gdt will clear.

Actually there are two minor parts to this error, I've managed to reproduce it and it will be fixed in the next update.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Rico_Rod
Hey I noticed your working on support for AW. when its supported, I was wondering if your able to make it rip the weapon variant textures too?

what im trying to do is port Bal-27 into BO3 and have the Obsidian Steed variant as its packapunch for zombies.

ModmeBot:

Rico_RodHey I noticed your working on support for AW. when its supported, I was wondering if your able to make it rip the weapon variant textures too?

what im trying to do is port Bal-27 into BO3 and have the Obsidian Steed variant as its packapunch for zombies.

You'd need to open a pak and find it, provided you have the name for it.

ModmeBot:

DTZxPorter
mikeyAnyone who gets the error message in the above post, here is a work around.

Actually there are two minor parts to this error, I've managed to reproduce it and it will be fixed in the next update.

Had the error had anything to do with the gdt?

And can you add Cod4/WAW support as models like Mp_Chinatown etc were never released.

ModmeBot:

This topic is now locked

You'll soon be able to access our new Phabricator platform to suggest new features and make bug reports.

Bug reporting / feature requests (Tag wraith project): Phabricator

Wraith project page: Wraith project

Frequently asked questions: FAQ

Thanks and have fun modding!

DTZxPorter and staff.

mx110146:

你给出一些关于幽灵堡的提示吗?