Originally by Aidan

Now with new features!

Logo by HitmanVere

<hr>

<h1>Download</h1>
Latest Version:

Download

What new stuff can it do?

• It can export an animation with better quality! (works best with anims made with an animation rig or using any kind of constraint)

• It supports Export2Bin from Black Ops 3 Mod Tools!

• It supports reading notetracks from the old CoD Exporter for Maya 8.5 and from Wraith exports!

• It also can rename notetracks!

• It also has a button to one click generate camera animations

• It supports exporting XCams!

<h1>Installation</h1>

Installation instructions available here.

Wait, but how do I...
...get the notetracks from tanims/M16 rig/Wraith exports?
It's really simple! All you have to do is open the Export XAnim window and press Grab Notes!

...generate camera anims?
First, select tag_camera and then mark it as camera

Then, select tag_weapon (or tag_weapon_right, or whatever you want to use) and mark it as weapon

And now you can press "Generate camera animation"!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Azsry
Yay All my favourite Maya export plugins merged into one! Great work all of you.

EDIT: It seems Ray's toolkit still has this issue with Maya 2016 where it breaks because the time values it grabs are floats, but it expects integers. It's fixed quite easily by casting animStart and animEnd to integers, however:

Line 2295:

for i in range(animStart,animEnd+1):

to:

for i in range(int(animStart),int(animEnd+1)):

I have yet to see any side effects from this cast, but there may be if your animations start on non-integer frames.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ray1235

AzsryYay All my favourite Maya export plugins merged into one! Great work all of you.

EDIT: It seems Ray's toolkit still has this issue with Maya 2016 where it breaks because the time values it grabs are floats, but it expects integers. It's fixed quite easily by casting animStart and animEnd to integers, however:

Line 2295:

for i in range(animStart,animEnd+1):

to:

for i in range(int(animStart),int(animEnd+1)):

I have yet to see any side effects from this cast, but there may be if your animations start on non-integer frames.

Thanks, will keep that in mind :)

ModmeBot:

Uploaded a hotfix

Fixes:

- No longer asks for root directory everytime when opening a save file dialog

- [RCAT] Frame numbers are converted to int to avoid errors

ModmeBot:

Another hotfix:

Tool no longer asks for a root directory when importing models

ModmeBot:

Uploaded a hotfix. Export2Bin is now 100% confirmed working.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hero115
Just FYI Ray, This never worked for me. The "grab notes" Part. it grabs them but In-Game the Notes play as one.

I would like to use this. Very Helpful +1 .

ModmeBot:

Hero115Just FYI Ray, This never worked for me. The "grab notes" Part. it grabs them but In-Game the Notes play as one.

I would like to use this. Very Helpful +1 .

[USER=3]@Scobalula[/USER] did that part and I think you should blame waw for that

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CrossFire
guys im a noob how do i make a new usersetup.mel file ??

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xSanchez78

CrossFireguys im a noob how do i make a new usersetup.mel file ??

Right click in the directory, click New->Text File, and rename the name part to usersetup and the .txt to .mel, and it should work.

Also the grab notes thing doesn't work for me, it can't find notes for tanims atleast. And how do I export the notes from seanims?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Blink-420
Ive tried so many times to install this but it wont show up in maya, and not getting a start up window in maya.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

Blink-420Ive tried so many times to install this but it wont show up in maya, and not getting a start up window in maya.

Me too :/ Any help? I have maya 2016 does it need to specifically be the 2012 x64 version? I'm trying to learn how to port over weapons and the set up for everything is just giving me so much trouble xD

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

AGC
Blink-420Ive tried so many times to install this but it wont show up in maya, and not getting a start up window in maya.

Me too :/ Any help? I have maya 2016 does it need to specifically be the 2012 x64 version? I'm trying to learn how to port over weapons and the set up for everything is just giving me so much trouble xD

Nvm I fixed it. I had both python("import CoDMayaTools"); and python("import SEAToolsPlugin"); in my usersetup.mel, however I had a ' at the end of python("import SEAToolsPlugin"); so it looked like this: python("import SEAToolsPlugin");' and that caused them not to show up in maya :/ ahhh I am such a noob xD But it's part of the learning process lol

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula
A new update has been released to this which includes some fixes and new features:

• *Moved all settings to a sub menu and make them check boxes, before it required a refresh of the menu which crashed 2017 on occasions. (which seems to happen on any script I've tried that deletes and recreates UI)

• *Optimized the ReadNotes functions with a list and loop so they are now easier to read and modify., instead of a mess of if and elifs.

• +Add a Button to grab frames from scene so you no longer need to manually enter start and end frame.

Of course any issues do let Ray or I know.

ModmeBot:

A test version has been released that some might wanna give a go, after Porter showed me PyCod for AutoGDT I decided to give a go at implementing it into CoDMayaTools.

Essentially this ads direct *_BIN support from the tool, no Export2Bin.exe junk. To use this update download the latest from pycod branch here:

Download
And simply put the CoDMayaTools.py and pycod folder into your scripts folder. I have done several test with different models including weighted, multiple materials, over 65k, etc. and all seem to work. Of course none of that would be possible without work of those on PyCod (which of course make sure to checkout the dev. version of Blender-CoD which has support for _BINS also).

https://github.com/SE2Dev/PyCoD

Please note this is a TEST version, and while tests worked, both PyCoD and this implementation are not finished, so it's not unlikely you might run into issues, please do report any you find.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Dcchill
For some reason some of the buttons, like the export xmodel button, dont work for me

ModmeBot:

Dcchill
For some reason some of the buttons, like the export xmodel button, dont work for me

This could be many things, we need more information than this such as Maya Version, Other 3rd Party Plugins, Script Editor Output, etc.

I have used it on 2012, 2016, 2017 and 2018, all features work on them.

ModmeBot:

A semi-major update has been released (Version 2.7.0):

• Full implementation of PyCod including support for more xmodel versions (version is defined by game you select in Games Settings), direct to xanim/xmodel_bin with support for cosmetics* and other features that may come to PyCod as it is developed.

• Added support for Call of Duty 1 and 2 Folders/Mode.

• Removed the need for Grab Notes to select the notetracks to obtain the information which would deselect your current selection.

• Fixed Notetracks on Reversed xAnims.

* In order to export directly to bin, when setting your file path, select "Export Type Binary File (.Export Type_bin)" when exporting or change the path entry, if you have Black Ops 3 set as your current game, xbin will be automatically selected by default, and for the other games, _export will be the default when the file dialog is opened.

OP has been updated with new links/info.

Other features such as siege anim support, better xcam support, etc. to come.

Please report any issues.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: jiggy22
Posted this on UGX, got no response there.

When installing, I get this error:

# Error: file: C:/Users/XXX/Documents/maya/2014-x64/scripts/usersetup.mel line 1: ImportError: file C:/Users/XXX/Documents/maya/2014-x64/scripts\CoDMayaTools.py line 56: No module named pycod.xmodel #

Any fix?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Kompst
It's not working for me either. It's acting like nothing is installed. I installed it correctly.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
Please note CodMayaTools is officially not supported anymore. Please see: http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/cod_tools/