Modme Forums

Idioma - Font generation tool for COD4/WAW

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: DTZxPorter

Font conversion tool for COD4/WAW

>>> Download <<<

Step 1 > Open Idioma.exe, select a font, and click the button (leave the settings as they are for now). You will be asked where to save the files. 7 font files will be generated in a folder called "font_files". A TGA (1024x2048) image will also be generated - save this as gamefonts2pc.tga, to gameroot/texture_assets/customfonts/ (or wherever you usually save textures).

Step 2 > If the font size is too big in generated TGA, some entries will fall off the bottom of the image. If this happens, reduce the size of the font in Idioma then re-generate.

Step 3 > In Asset Manager, in any custom GDT, make a new Material entry named "gamefonts2pc". Use these settings and convert:

Step 4 > Copy the newly created gamefonts2pc.iwi from raw/images to mods/modname/images AND to /raw/english/fonts Then copy the material to english/materials/fonts/. Copy the 7 font files generated by Idioma to gameroot/raw/english/customfont/.

// Add this to your mod.csv:
font,customfont/bigFont,,
font,customfont/boldFont,,
font,customfont/consoleFont,,
font,customfont/extraBigFont,,
font,customfont/normalFont,,
font,customfont/objectiveFont,,
font,customfont/smallFont,,
material,fonts/gamefonts2pc

NOTE > If you want your console font to be the default monospace font used by the game, comment out the consoleFont line.

Step 5 > Build mod and see your new font in-game!

Step 6 > If your characters are slightly off from their normal positions, like the image above, you'll need to change the offsets in Idioma and re-generate. Play around with settings until you get it just right.

As always with my tools you MUST credit me for using them.

This supports most fonts on your computer, not just TrueType fonts.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hero115
HORRAY! NO MORE BEGGING FOR DUKIP .

Great work +1.

I'm joking Dukip :P And I'm first

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
Updated for fixed in-game fonts.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ProRevenge
Awesome work Porter :D This tool works perfectly, BO3 font in WaW looks dank :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death
Can't wait to give this a try :), hopefully I can replicate the bo3 fonts

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ElTitoPricus
Excellent

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mrpeanut188
You get a failed loading material message is the material is not named gamefonts2pc . The error is coming from the font files themselves looking for it, as of now I don't believe you can actually use a custom material file and instead will have to name it that or else your font will show the missing images texture instead.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter

mrpeanut188You get a failed loading material message is the material is not named gamefonts2pc . The error is coming from the font files themselves looking for it, as of now I don't believe you can actually use a custom material file and instead will have to name it that or else your font will show the missing images texture instead.

Yeah you need to use gamefonts2pc as the name, it's setup that way.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: GEEKiDoS
Can we have chinese char set for font?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ibreakteam

Curious question. What font is used in BO3? Thanks.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Koan

ibreakteam

Curious question. What font is used in BO3? Thanks.

Escom Regular

ModmeBot:

Reply By: pwman123

Well, I have a boner now.

+1

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SPi
Thanks for this tool. I just downloaded it and when I run it it says "Idioma.exe stopped working" and it won't open up.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vinceultras:

ERROR: Couldn't find material 'fonts/gamefonts2pc'
ERROR: Couldn't find material 'fonts/gamefonts2pc_glow'

JoeSchmoe:

Under what situations would a standard TT generated font not show up in the drop down list after they are installed, but available in other programs?

Thx.