Modme Forums

Rottweiler FURY - AW/MWR/WWII Sound Exporter

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Scobalula:

Thread By: Scobalula

<h3>About Rottweiler</h3>

Rottweiler is a vicious Call of Duty sound exporter, supporting majority of Call of Duty titles that store their sounds in the Fast Files and/or PAKs. It was developed to aid Call of Duty Map Makers/Modders in obtaining sounds from other Call of Duty titles.

<h3>How to use Rottweiler</h3>

<ol>

• Choose a Fast File to load (For weapon sounds, you'll usually want to load common/common_mp for any of the games).

• Drag it onto the list view or click Load Fast File, it will proceed to decompress the fast file and search for audio.

• Once the sounds are loaded (if there are any), you can now export sounds that are listed.

</ol><h3> </h3>
    <h3>License/Disclaimers</h3>

Rottweiler is licensed under the MIT license and it and its source code is free to use and modify. Rottweiler comes with NO warranty, any damages caused are solely the responsibility of the user. See the LICENSE file on the repository for more information.

Audio exported through Rottweiler is property of Activision and the respective developers, said copyrighted Audio CANNOT be used in a commercial environment or for profit, the intention of Rottweiler is to aid users making mods for other Call of Duty titles using their own SDKs.

All work was done purely on the fast files through a Hex Editor, using legally obtained copies of the games, and no game code was touched or used. Rottweiler does not and will never rebuild/re-compress fast files.

<h3>Notes</h3>

• For Advanced Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered, in order for Rottweiler to export sounds stored in the PAKs, they must be in the same folder as the Fast File you loaded.

• Due to the fact a lot of VOX data is streamed, the localized files might not contain sound information.

• For a full list of titles that Rottweiler supports, see the README on the Github page, for those it does not support, alternative programs are linked.

<h3>Download</h3>

The latest version of Rottweiler can be found on its Github Releases page:

DownloadIt would be appreciated if you credited me for using Rottweiler.

Rottweiler is currently in Alpha, while it has been tested, expect quirks.

• ModmeBot:

Reply By: DorDur215
    Does this export with names or like wraith unnamed soundfiles ?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ElTitoPricus

ModmeBot:

Reply By: JellyAlex
    Thx scob

ModmeBot:

Reply By: XxBREADxX
    Which ff file can i find weapons sound? like reload and fire sounds? ( MWR )

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DorDur215

XxBREADxX
    Which ff file can i find weapons sound? like reload and fire sounds? ( MWR )

Just drag the common_mp Fast File on the exe. All weapon sounds are located in there as far as I can tell.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: XxBREADxX

DorDur215
    XxBREADxX Which ff file can i find weapons sound? like reload and fire sounds? ( MWR ) Just drag the common_mp Fast File on the exe. All weapon sounds are located in there as far as I can tell.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: elricos
    Wow, thanks a lot Scobalula :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SKALV
    Nice

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula
    Released an update 2 days ago, fixes a huge amount of stuff, rewrote a lot of stuff.

Among fixes:

• Proper decompression (found out how to skip to LZ4 Blocks and decompress all (if you're interested they're split in 65536 byte blocks, padding the same as Black Ops 3's xBins)).*

• Better Sound Search (fixing some missing sounds).

• UI with Search and Sound listing.

I've decided to drop support for WW2, the FFs and the way the sounds are stored are slightly different (my old method of matching size from FF with soundfile.toc resulted in a ton of wrong exports), to add to this all of WW2's Signed (MP/ZM) Fast Files are protected in some way (possible encryption), if you'd like to export sounds from WW2, use Porter's AcidRa1n tool: Click here

The application is still in ALPHA, expect quirks.

* Signed fast files need some work, bad blocks will be skipped.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: gunsabdpugs18
    The download link for your tool does not work.

ModmeBot:

gunsabdpugs18
    The download link for your tool does not work.

Fixed.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: gunsabdpugs18
    Thanks but it's really hard for me to find the sounds. can you make a in game sound converter for mwr ?

ModmeBot:

gunsabdpugs18
    Thanks but it's really hard for me to find the sounds. can you make a in game sound converter for mwr ?

No I cannot, if you're looking for the weapon sounds, open common_mp.ff or common.ff.

ModmeBot:

Updated 0.6.0:

• Merged 2 Version into one, meaning this now supports all the games the older version did.

• Rewrote a lot of the code with optimizations that should hopefully speed up the application and reduce issues.

• Added a log that will log almost everything the application is doing.

• Added a button to cancel decompression and cancel exporting.

Rottweiler is still in alpha, so expect some quirks

ModmeBot:

Reply By: xXDoubleUP99Xx
    Hey Guys !

Unfortunately, I'm not able to export those sounds from COD Advanced Warfare .
    I used the SP version and loaded recovery.ff (I already tried the other ones, like betrayal.ff or captured.ff) . All the files where there in the tool but then as I clicked on "Export All",
    there were only a few of them (like 5-6 files) exported :( .
    I took a look into the RottweilerLOG.txt and I found this message here : ERROR --> Could not find Pak 2 (Example)

What's the correct reason behind it ! Please help me :)

ModmeBot:

I've seen cases where the sounds are referencing PAK files that do not exist (for example in the fast file you mentioned there were several sounds pointing to soundfile 5, which doesn't exist (at least not on my copy)) however in recovery.ff I ended up with 2.1k out of 2.3~k.

When you load a fast file it will say in log, regardless of the game, whether it found PAK files or not, check to see that they are being found, this is why I require the fast files and the PAKs to be stored in the same directory (which is how they should be anyway).

If you're looking for weapon sounds I recommend just installing the multiplayer portions of the games as they seem to store all the weapon sounds in common_mp.ff, where the SP stores sound information in each level's Fast File.

ModmeBot:

Understood, I'll try it soon as possible !

And thank you for your reply Scobalula :)

ModmeBot:

That's strange, I have no PAKs files at all in my folder (or they were not even generated before) and I tried and checked all what you said but it still not working

I hope that I don't misunderstand something here with those things, I'm completely new here on this ground/topic

ModmeBot:

xXDoubleUP99Xx
    That's strange, I have no PAKs files at all in my folder (or they were not even generated before) and I tried and checked all what you said but it still not working I hope that I don't misunderstand something here with those things, I'm completely new here on this ground/topic

Considering the Audio PAKs contain 90% of the audio then that is why, if you have absolutely no PAK files (audio/image) in the game's directory then it would not run.

I recommend verifying the game in Steam by right clicking it, clicking Properties and:

ModmeBot:

It finally worked now ! . Some of the MP files were deleted (20GB were gone) and I have no Idea why and with which reasons

Thank you so much for your effort in this tool and keep it up !

ModmeBot:

Released 0.7.0 Alpha - Minor UI Tweaks to buttons, list items, etc.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Asirel-Was-Here
    The download link does not work again.

ModmeBot:

update release nat 2 long ago thx

• Drastically improved sound search speed (in some cases almost instant)

• Improved ZLIB decompression speed

• Improved Log with cleaner output and more information

• Fixed issues with Call of Duty 4 Fast Files

• Fixed a bug with PAK finder being thrown off by other integers in path

• Added Fast File Info Back

• Added ability to dump info to a text file including Fast File String Table

• Added Audio Format to list to show format (FLAC or WAV)

• General Code Improvements/Optimizations

kk

ModmeBot:

Reply By: iAirplaneGun
    I can't seem to be able to open WW2 .ff files?

MWR .ff files seem to work just fine, though.

EDIT: here's the log, if it helps with anything

10-05-2018 - 15:33:26 [ INFO ] Rottweiler Initiated - Doggo is active.
    10-05-2018 - 15:33:30 [ INFO ] Processing D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty WWII\common_core_mp.ff
    10-05-2018 - 15:33:30 [ INFO ] Reading File Header
    10-05-2018 - 15:33:30 [ INFO ] Magic: S1ff
    10-05-2018 - 15:33:30 [ INFO ] Signed: True
    10-05-2018 - 15:33:30 [ INFO ] Version: 0x5

ModmeBot:

Reply By: BSF
    link dead