Modme Forums

[TheseScripts] Installing scripts in one click!

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

ModmeBot:

Thread By: NaolShow
<h1>TheseScripts (by NaolShow)</h1>
<h3> </h3>
<h3>TheseScripts is a software that will allow you to install scripts (Powerups, Weapons, Perks, ..) with one click.</h3>
TheseScripts is currently in Beta, and you could encounter bugs using it
TheseScripts is open source, so anyone can access the code

Software image:

<h3>TheseScripts is available in several languages:</h3>

• Français

• English

• Deutsch

• Italiano

• Español

If you have a problem using TheseScripts, please contact me:
<h5> </h5>
<h5>/!\ Join the discord to know all the news /!\</h5>

For more information on the software, please see the GitHub page of the project

<h2>Click here to download</h2>

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula
Did you seek permission from each person with regards to rehosting their content through your Dropbox? Nate for example explicitly states to link back to his posts, not rehost them.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: NaolShow

Scobalula
Did you seek permission from each person with regards to rehosting their content through your Dropbox? Nate for example explicitly states to link back to his posts, not rehost them.

Hello, it's true that I'm not asking everyone. I ask permission from NateSmithZombies and Emox Manga. NateSmithZombies did not answer me after several weeks of waiting. But I am obliged for the operation of the software to rehome files (I have to apply some changes to these as the change of name, directory ..). I understand that some writers do not want me to restore their resources. But on the other hand, I do not steal them. I credit them. In the software, you can right-click on a package and open the original link that links to the NateSmithZombies site. If NateSmithZombies do not want his scripts to be on my software, he can contact me and I will delete them without any problem

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

NaolShow
Scobalula Did you seek permission from each person with regards to rehosting their content through your Dropbox? Nate for example explicitly states to link back to his posts, not rehost them. Hello, it's true that I'm not asking everyone. I ask permission from NateSmithZombies and Emox Manga. NateSmithZombies did not answer me after several weeks of waiting. But I am obliged for the operation of the software to rehome files (I have to apply some changes to these as the change of name, directory ..). I understand that some writers do not want me to restore their resources. But on the other hand, I do not steal them. I credit them. In the software, you can right-click on a package and open the original link that links to the NateSmithZombies site. If NateSmithZombies do not want his scripts to be on my software, he can contact me and I will delete them without any problem

You didn't ask me for permission for the shell ejects? It's not a matter of "stealing" them, it's common decency to ask, if you do not get a response, do not continue, he explicitly states do not re host them, that's your answer. I'd suggest getting permission, and from anyone in the future, we've had people understandably in the past get a bit annoyed over others re-hosting their assets.

I like the idea of the app, but to me personally it's another way for people to just download a heck ton of assets and not care about who made them, aka not credit the original authors.

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
NaolShow Scobalula Did you seek permission from each person with regards to rehosting their content through your Dropbox? Nate for example explicitly states to link back to his posts, not rehost them. Hello, it's true that I'm not asking everyone. I ask permission from NateSmithZombies and Emox Manga. NateSmithZombies did not answer me after several weeks of waiting. But I am obliged for the operation of the software to rehome files (I have to apply some changes to these as the change of name, directory ..). I understand that some writers do not want me to restore their resources. But on the other hand, I do not steal them. I credit them. In the software, you can right-click on a package and open the original link that links to the NateSmithZombies site. If NateSmithZombies do not want his scripts to be on my software, he can contact me and I will delete them without any problem You didn't ask me for permission for the shell ejects? It's not a matter of "stealing" them, it's common decency to ask, if you do not get a response, do not continue, he explicitly states do not re host them, that's your answer. I'd suggest getting permission, and from anyone in the future, we've had people understandably in the past get a bit annoyed over others re-hosting their assets. I like the idea of the app, but to me personally it's another way for people to just download a heck ton of assets and not care about who made them, aka not credit the original authors.

Do you want me to delete your script from my software?

Edit: Otherwise, I have a solution that would be fine to better credit the authors. When installing a package, the software will add script credits at the bottom left when launching a map

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ping998
I think maybe when you add a script you should also include a function in the user's mapname.gsc that prints a statement giving credit to the person(s)'s script used.

ModmeBot:

Ping998
I think maybe when you add a script you should also include a function in the user's mapname.gsc that prints a statement giving credit to the person(s)'s script used.

I am preparing this, it will be added in the week.