Modme Forums

RIP Call of Duty

Modme | General

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Exofile
So the trailer for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare was released a while ago. It's responses? Not so good. Highest dislike to like ratio any of their trailers have ever achieved.

And we're done! Now, over to the amazing news. DICE is now coming out with another Triple-A game, Battlefield 1.

We shift our eyes over to the recently released trailer I have waited so long for.

It's dislike/like ratio? Oh, see for yourself.

The comments following the first hour after it was uploaded says it all. DICE started developing the game in 2013. And you know what was popular back then? Futuristic games! That's right. CoD gave us Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 and now Infinite Warfare? DICE started off during the same period, but understood that the "future" is not what we would want later. And for this, we applaude with great gratitude!

This is exactly what we wanted, and they served us well. Now, everyone is screaming out "RIP COD", and I have to agree. Call of Duty's only wanted attribute now, is Call of Duty 4 Remastered.

So sit back, and enjoy this trailer. This is "IN-ENGINE" Footage, meaning it's not ingame, but it is rendered in the engine, which gives a good idea of how good the graphics will be, for those of you that are so damn interested in it.

I know I come off as a Battlefield fanboy. And I might be, but I enjoy playing both the old Call of Duty's, and Battlefield. But the truth is, that this is how it is. Players in general want the more modern or old shooters, not the Booster Jumper with lasers and Teleporting. What are your thoughts on all this? You still prefer CoD over Battlefield? Perhaps you're excited for Infinite Warfare, but because of other reasons not concering the Remastered Call of Duty 4. Do tell! Let's discuss!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DTZxPorter
Again I agree personally Infinite warfare is going to be a terrible game developed by terrible developers, the worst (I even like sledgehammer over IW) But again they should have quit after ghosts.

Anywho, I'm not a fan of the battlefield series but we have two sets of mod tools on our way #letsgo

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mrpeanut188
Holy shit the version of Seven Nation Army they used

Game looks badass too, a lot of things really drive back a lot of different aspects of WW1 (e.x. the covering their ears in the bunker) although I guess it wouldn't be realistic.

Unless all you do is sit in a bunker and get shelled for days on end with permanent tinnitus while in knee deep water with your feet growing algae.

Then I guess it'd be realistic.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile

mrpeanut188Holy shit the version of Seven Nation Army they used

Game looks badass too, a lot of things really drive back a lot of different aspects of WW1 (e.x. the covering their ears in the bunker) although I guess it wouldn't be realistic.

Unless all you do is sit in a bunker and get shelled for days on end with permanent tinnitus while in knee deep water with your feet growing algae.

Then I guess it'd be realistic.

Then we have to remember that Battlefield isn't a franchise going for realism. Sure it's more realistic than Call of Duty, but it has always been a creative game made to be fun, not to simulate real warfare. There are certain aspects of the trailer that doesn't look right, or a bit off; this is to make gameplay more fun for the players to experience.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hero115
It was released two days ago. Although my only battlefield game that i played was 2 . I loved it thou. And i hope for battlefield mod tools. Oh wait... Nvm lol. F you Treyarch for the remastered version. You trying to remaster a game that's already wonderfull looking ? Although just make steam works with cod4 and we're done. Thx.

ModmeBot:

Hero115It was released two days ago. Although my only battlefield game that i played was 2 . I loved it thou. And i hope for battlefield mod tools. Oh wait... Nvm lol. F you Treyarch for the remastered version. You trying to remaster a game that's already wonderfull looking ? Although just make steam works with cod4 and we're done. Thx.

The remastered Call of Duty 4 actually looks beautiful from some short clips I saw. I think it can be good, unless they decide to add/alter parts. But the fact that they try to sell Infinite Warfare by using an old fan favourite? Disgusts me. They're trying to sell you their new game that is highly disliked, under the cover of the Remastered Call of Duty 4...

Oh and Mod Tools for Battlefield? The CTE, Community Test Enviroment produced Operation developed "Operation Outbreak". A map developed by the community, with intense input and customization from what the players desired. It's amazing what a community can create working together.

Above is a photo showing Operation Outbreak.

ModmeBot:

But don't forget. The new IW. Is a mod not a full game for christ sake.

ModmeBot:

Hero115But don't forget. The new IW. Is a mod not a full game for christ sake.

I'm sorry. What do you mean by this? I'm assuming IW refers to Infinity Ward. Are you saying IW is a mod? Care to explain a bit further, as you have me confused.

ModmeBot:

Exofile

I'm sorry. What do you mean by this? I'm assuming IW refers to Infinity Ward. Are you saying IW is a mod? Care to explain a bit further, as you have me confused.
No, IW Refers to Infinite Warfare. I have read that the new IW, you can only get it in season pass. Which is totally a cod4 mod with 10 mp maps only. Did you see how many dislikes that hit... I'm sure it's mod. Source = Jiffy & harry .

ModmeBot:

Hero115
Exofile

No, IW Refers to Infinite Warfare. I have read that the new IW, you can only get it in season pass. Which is totally a cod4 mod with 10 mp maps only. Did you see how many dislikes that hit... I'm sure it's mod. Source = Jiffy & harry .

Ah, my bad. Usually used "IW" when referring to Infinity Ward myself. And yes, from what you can see for yourself, the Call of Duty 4 Remastered Edition will only be available if you buy Infinite Warfare, which is exactly what I'd expect from Activision.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mrpeanut188

Exofilethe Call of Duty 4 Remastered Edition will only be available if you buy Infinite Warfare, which is exactly what I'd expect from Activision.

It's 10 maps and a campaign (more maps), aka DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. It is that, and shall be branded as that, and will be a season pass exclusive most likely just like they have done in the past.