Modme Forums

Goodbye Shifty……

Modme | General

ModmeBot:

Thread By: TrueGamerCalls
If you guys aren't aware, Shifty_Gamer, the creator of the fan-made MOTD remaster released the map this morning. It was amazing playing it, but according to people who are most likely 10 year olds who don't understand it wasn't made by treyarch talked shit about the map on every way on possible.

Shifty didn't take this so well, so he deleted his twitter, the MOTD remaster map, and all of his YT videos, he even changed his YT name to "Unknown"

There are rumors that he was hacked, I can't confirm anything, for now all we know is we lost a legend.

If you have any contact with Shifty or know more info, please let me know.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: iBounce
If he can't take constructive criticism, then he should leave if he's that much of a pussy. He literally wasted everyone's time who helped work on the whole project.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scorpiolo

iBounce
If he can't take constructive criticism, then he should leave if he's that much of a pussy. He literally wasted everyone's time who helped work on the whole project.

He said this was going to be his only project weeks ago. Also I think he was planning to quit YT anyway when he goes to Uni soon, people have kind of been pricks to him and overreacted to what was likely accidents

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164
Jerri (the scripter of MotD:R) has posted a bunch of stuff about it on his twitter @jerri_gaming

it sucks. ;-;

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

Scorpiolo
iBounce If he can't take constructive criticism, then he should leave if he's that much of a pussy. He literally wasted everyone's time who helped work on the whole project. He said this was going to be his only project weeks ago. Also I think he was planning to quit YT anyway when he goes to Uni soon, people have kind of been pricks to him and overreacted to what was likely accidents

crediting himself, and not the other 2 mappers for their mapping contributions

and listing that jerry did my guns and scripts

yea i guess his finger slipped...

ModmeBot:

Reply By: TrueGamerCalls

Harry Bo21
Scorpiolo iBounce If he can't take constructive criticism, then he should leave if he's that much of a pussy. He literally wasted everyone's time who helped work on the whole project. He said this was going to be his only project weeks ago. Also I think he was planning to quit YT anyway when he goes to Uni soon, people have kind of been pricks to him and overreacted to what was likely accidents crediting himself, and not the other 2 mappers for their mapping contributions and listing that jerry did my guns and scripts yea i guess his finger slipped...

When I first watched Shifty, I knew he would do something like that. A lot of times I see him say "I ported...." When that gun looks identical to someone else's port. Also don't take down that re-upload, since you had work in this map that was wasted. Just such a crappy situation for you, Jerry, and everyone else that helped with the map. I'm low-key happy he shut down all of his social media since he won't ever do something that fucking dumb again.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: XxRaPiDK3LLERxX

ZombieKid164
Jerri (the scripter of MotD:R) has posted a bunch of stuff about it on his twitter @jerri_gaming it sucks. ;-;

You've got that right, it does sucks indeed. I watched his videos of MOTD from the start to now and now this happened? He should've just been too resilient and ignore those criticisms, who knows MOTD Remastered by Treyarch may not or in fact unlikely to not come in BO3 in all platforms, sure there's a NEW loading screen but that only the loading screen, who knows it might come at the next Treyarch's COD game, I personally think people asked too much from Trey such as remastering maps etc.

But some people who that this was officially made by Treyarch themselves (MOTD:R) at least say to yourself that you professionally mapped MOTD correctly and added exact or near exact models to make it accurate.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

XxRaPiDK3LLERxX
ZombieKid164 Jerri (the scripter of MotD:R) has posted a bunch of stuff about it on his twitter @jerri_gaming it sucks. ;-; You've got that right, it does sucks indeed. I watched his videos of MOTD from the start to now and now this happened? He should've just been too resilient and ignore those criticisms, who knows MOTD Remastered by Treyarch may not or in fact unlikely to not come in BO3 in all platforms, sure there's a NEW loading screen but that only the loading screen, who knows it might come at the next Treyarch's COD game, I personally think people asked too much from Trey such as remastering maps etc. But some people who that this was officially made by Treyarch themselves (MOTD:R) at least say to yourself that you professionally mapped MOTD correctly and added exact or near exact models to make it accurate.

The criticism isn't the problem. He knew the map was still broken and even when offered help he refused and uploaded the map anyway. Also the credits he listed in the map were VERY wrong and he basically made it look like him and Jerri did all the work. There is a lot more to what happened then just Shifty "not ignoring the criticism".

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scorpiolo

Wild
XxRaPiDK3LLERxX ZombieKid164 Jerri (the scripter of MotD:R) has posted a bunch of stuff about it on his twitter @jerri_gaming it sucks. ;-; You've got that right, it does sucks indeed. I watched his videos of MOTD from the start to now and now this happened? He should've just been too resilient and ignore those criticisms, who knows MOTD Remastered by Treyarch may not or in fact unlikely to not come in BO3 in all platforms, sure there's a NEW loading screen but that only the loading screen, who knows it might come at the next Treyarch's COD game, I personally think people asked too much from Trey such as remastering maps etc. But some people who that this was officially made by Treyarch themselves (MOTD:R) at least say to yourself that you professionally mappeId MOTD correctly and added exact or near exact models to make it accurate. The criticism isn't the problem. He knew the map was still broken and even when offered help he refused and uploaded the map anyway. Also the credits he listed in the map were VERY wrong and he basically made it look like him and Jerri did all the work. There is a lot more to what happened then just Shifty "not ignoring the criticism".

The on screen may not have shown this but the workshop post did have a full list of credits, the two of them did the majority of the work, they were the only two who I think needed to be credited onscreen

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

Scorpiolo
Wild XxRaPiDK3LLERxX ZombieKid164 Jerri (the scripter of MotD:R) has posted a bunch of stuff about it on his twitter @jerri_gaming it sucks. ;-; You've got that right, it does sucks indeed. I watched his videos of MOTD from the start to now and now this happened? He should've just been too resilient and ignore those criticisms, who knows MOTD Remastered by Treyarch may not or in fact unlikely to not come in BO3 in all platforms, sure there's a NEW loading screen but that only the loading screen, who knows it might come at the next Treyarch's COD game, I personally think people asked too much from Trey such as remastering maps etc. But some people who that this was officially made by Treyarch themselves (MOTD:R) at least say to yourself that you professionally mappeId MOTD correctly and added exact or near exact models to make it accurate. The criticism isn't the problem. He knew the map was still broken and even when offered help he refused and uploaded the map anyway. Also the credits he listed in the map were VERY wrong and he basically made it look like him and Jerri did all the work. There is a lot more to what happened then just Shifty "not ignoring the criticism". The on screen may not have shown this but the workshop post did have a full list of credits, the two of them did the majority of the work, they were the only two who I think needed to be credited onscreen

But on screen Shifty took ALL the credit for mapping when that's not even close to being true and he gave credit to Jerri for work that people like Harry did. On screen or workshop post, doesn't matter it was all still wrong and the map was broken and he didn't care. He still turned down help and released it. Everything Shifty got was all on him.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

Scorpiolo
Wild XxRaPiDK3LLERxX ZombieKid164 Jerri (the scripter of MotD:R) has posted a bunch of stuff about it on his twitter @jerri_gaming it sucks. ;-; You've got that right, it does sucks indeed. I watched his videos of MOTD from the start to now and now this happened? He should've just been too resilient and ignore those criticisms, who knows MOTD Remastered by Treyarch may not or in fact unlikely to not come in BO3 in all platforms, sure there's a NEW loading screen but that only the loading screen, who knows it might come at the next Treyarch's COD game, I personally think people asked too much from Trey such as remastering maps etc. But some people who that this was officially made by Treyarch themselves (MOTD:R) at least say to yourself that you professionally mappeId MOTD correctly and added exact or near exact models to make it accurate. The criticism isn't the problem. He knew the map was still broken and even when offered help he refused and uploaded the map anyway. Also the credits he listed in the map were VERY wrong and he basically made it look like him and Jerri did all the work. There is a lot more to what happened then just Shifty "not ignoring the criticism". The on screen may not have shown this but the workshop post did have a full list of credits, the two of them did the majority of the work, they were the only two who I think needed to be credited onscreen

the steam credits didnt say who did what

the "in game" credits - that will appear on every video and stream - is inaccurate

i see your point, you should consider ours

Ill use myself as a example, im credited for "something" when over half the guns were me

im semi sure some are prorevenges and he wasnt mentioned at all

ModmeBot:

Reply By: XxRaPiDK3LLERxX

Harry Bo21
Scorpiolo Wild XxRaPiDK3LLERxX ZombieKid164 Jerri (the scripter of MotD:R) has posted a bunch of stuff about it on his twitter @jerri_gaming it sucks. ;-; You've got that right, it does sucks indeed. I watched his videos of MOTD from the start to now and now this happened? He should've just been too resilient and ignore those criticisms, who knows MOTD Remastered by Treyarch may not or in fact unlikely to not come in BO3 in all platforms, sure there's a NEW loading screen but that only the loading screen, who knows it might come at the next Treyarch's COD game, I personally think people asked too much from Trey such as remastering maps etc. But some people who that this was officially made by Treyarch themselves (MOTD:R) at least say to yourself that you professionally mappeId MOTD correctly and added exact or near exact models to make it accurate. The criticism isn't the problem. He knew the map was still broken and even when offered help he refused and uploaded the map anyway. Also the credits he listed in the map were VERY wrong and he basically made it look like him and Jerri did all the work. There is a lot more to what happened then just Shifty "not ignoring the criticism". The on screen may not have shown this but the workshop post did have a full list of credits, the two of them did the majority of the work, they were the only two who I think needed to be credited onscreen the steam credits didnt say who did what the "in game" credits - that will appear on every video and stream - is inaccurate i see your point, you should consider ours Ill use myself as a example, im credited for "something" when over half the guns were me im semi sure some are prorevenges and he wasnt mentioned at all

Ahhh... I didn't know it wasn't only about the criticism...
TBH, that's rude in my opinion by not correctly crediting each person what they did instead falsely crediting them for something they didn't do. That's basically wasting someone time in doing something which they didn't get credited for doing what they did.

I don't get this, why didn't he even credited them properly? It's an easy and simple thing, I credit everyone if I use their scripts or weapons, there's no harm in doing that. Furthermore, why did he make it look like he and Jerri only the two people who did everything? These are the questions which I know won't be answered :|

If he knew the map is broken, filled with bugs, then why not accept help? At least in that way, he could've squashed so many bugs with the rest of the people who wanted to help. He's practically waste his entire year in developing this map...